Sponsored

I asked my local Ford dealer to install the FORD PERFORMANCE PROCAL 4 CALIBRATION

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone had their local ford dealer successfully install the Bronco Performance Procal upgrade?
Bought one of the procal tools from
Lethal Performance
https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html

and to insure my warranty coverage would stay in effect. I asked for my local licensed Ford dealer to schedule the Bronco for the upgrade. Did not expect any issue but-

My local official Ford dealer's shop is scratching their head, and "is reaching out to their Ford contacts for help". I know this is new tech, and upgrading training is a constant process in this age. So I am patient, but cautious of being the one to pay for their tech's additional training time.
Too bad they didn't prepare for my appointment...I made a week ago in advance.

Regardless, two questions for the forum- looking for another members' experience with their dealers install:
1) Shop time expected expense billed to install?
and
2) Are you happy the upgraded calibration?

Oh well, a bronco in hand is better than 2 on order?
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was quoted 2 hours of labor for the install when I inquired about buying the tuner from the dealer. I ended up buying from Lethal on sale, but havenā€™t taken it to the dealer for install yet. Iā€™m curious if they will A. do it at all with me supplying the parts, or B. Charge additional time since they arenā€™t making the profit on the part.

I wouldnā€™t sign on for an open ended ticket. If the tech sits on the phone for 3 hours with tech support youā€™ll end up with a bill more than the tuner costs.

Last edited:

Cajun Czar

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought my tune from Lethal Performance (2.7) and it took me about 3 weeks of different dealerships to give me a decent price to install it to keep my warranty.
The dealership I bought my Bronco from wanted $400+ to install and another quoted me $360 minimum (?!)
The dealership I went with charged me an hour labor and did a good job.
I am happy with the tune and glad I did it.

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bought from Lethal, installing in Canada is like asking for a kidney. Plug and play, but need dealer to install. Offered 1.5 hours to 2 competing dealers and will see which one commits. Looking forward to see how it changes L1LMULE!

Sponsored

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone had their local ford dealer successfully install the Bronco Performance Procal upgrade?
Bought one of the procal tools from
Lethal Performance
https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html

and to insure my warranty coverage would stay in effect. I asked for my local licensed Ford dealer to schedule the Bronco for the upgrade. Did not expect any issue but-

My local official Ford dealer's shop is scratching their head, and "is reaching out to their Ford contacts for help". I know this is new tech, and upgrading training is a constant process in this age. So I am patient, but cautious of being the one to pay for their tech's additional training time.
Too bad they didn't prepare for my appointment...I made a week ago in advance.

Regardless, two questions for the forum- looking for another members' experience with their dealers install:
1) Shop time expected expense billed to install?
and
2) Are you happy the upgraded calibration?

Oh well, a bronco in hand is better than 2 on order?
I just had it installed over at AutoNation Ford Tustin in Orange County, CA. I called around a bit and most dealerships and techs had no clue on how to install. The head of service Greg Murphy at the Tustin Ford dealership said he has a guy who specializes in software tune and did it for $200

FYI you really feel the difference as soon as you get behind the wheel!

Ford Bronco I asked my local Ford dealer to install the FORD PERFORMANCE PROCAL 4 CALIBRATION 0B25F2AD-79AB-4834-9CFF-E3295DA255AA

OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealership wonā€™t touch it just like they wonā€™t install the Hoss 3.0 rack and tie rods even though theyā€™re ford parts.
That is no bueno.... Interestingly, the service manager just called and they want to try again on Monday. Guess I will see what comes in a few days and $$?

OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$200 at Pacific Beach Ford in San Diego, was in and out in 45 minutes.
Thank you sir- for the help. Knowledge is often useful, sometimes even powerful if applied with a little patience. You just gave me the power I need to use when I am smiling at the cashier's counter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought my tune from Lethal Performance (2.7) and it took me about 3 weeks of different dealerships to give me a decent price to install it to keep my warranty.
The dealership I bought my Bronco from wanted $400+ to install and another quoted me $360 minimum (?!)
The dealership I went with charged me an hour labor and did a good job.
I am happy with the tune and glad I did it.
Solid advice...appreciate your input.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was quoted 2 hours of labor for the install when I inquired about buying the tuner from the dealer. I ended up buying from Lethal on sale, but havenā€™t taken it to the dealer for install yet. Iā€™m curious if they will A. do it at all with me supplying the parts, or B. Charge additional time since they arenā€™t making the profit on the part.

I wouldnā€™t sign on for an open ended ticket. If the tech sits on the phone for 3 hours with tech support youā€™ll end up with a bill more than the tuner costs.
Thank you. You describe my concern perfectly...Hopefully will know more early next week, and be able to report good things from my FORD dealership's service experience?

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My local Ford dealer said that only certain dealerships are certified by Ford. This may be why some of you are having issues with your dealer.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I tried 3 different Ford Performance authorized dealers and got blank stares. Found a local dyno/tune shop that is ASE certified.

I know better than to carry in parts and expect a shop to install them. It's part of their business plan to make some money on parts.

$825 (list price) + $170 to program/install.

I know I could follow the instructions, but making sure I kept the warranty was worth the $300 extra

Timbow

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called my local service dept at Rusty Eck Ford & asked if they would install the tune before I bought it from lethal performance & they said they would & they did install it successfully with no hassles or fee. Thank you Rusty Eck Ford!

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ā€˜23 Porsche 992T; ā€˜20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone have the link to this from Ruxer? Canā€™t find it on their site but I saw here where they do carry it. What price should I be shooting for?
Sponsored