Sponsored

I asked my local Ford dealer to install the FORD PERFORMANCE PROCAL 4 CALIBRATION

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe it can be any ASE certified mechanic, not just the dealer.
Sponsored

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly! My 16 year old installed it in about 20 minutes or so and the warranty isn't for the for the vehicle, it's for the procal tune and device! I still have not heard of one of these messing up anyone's motor..hell, ford should give us free extended warranties for making them truly run better and more efficient.
That's false. It most certainly for the vehicle. This isn't about whether it's easy or not. It's not hard to install any tune. If you don't care about warranty, I would go with a tune that gives more hp like Whipple. The Ford Performance tune gives you additional hp while keeping a warranty. Paying $100 to a dealer or a certified mechanic to spend 20 minutes and keep the warranty just isn't that big of a deal.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone had their local ford dealer successfully install the Bronco Performance Procal upgrade?
Bought one of the procal tools from
Lethal Performance
https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html

and to insure my warranty coverage would stay in effect. I asked for my local licensed Ford dealer to schedule the Bronco for the upgrade. Did not expect any issue but-

My local official Ford dealer's shop is scratching their head, and "is reaching out to their Ford contacts for help". I know this is new tech, and upgrading training is a constant process in this age. So I am patient, but cautious of being the one to pay for their tech's additional training time.
Too bad they didn't prepare for my appointment...I made a week ago in advance.

Regardless, two questions for the forum- looking for another members' experience with their dealers install:
1) Shop time expected expense billed to install?
and
2) Are you happy the upgraded calibration?

Oh well, a bronco in hand is better than 2 on order?

I installed mine in about 40 minutes, including the time to update the ProCal. My dealer told me the warranty is intact regardless of who installs the tune, he basically said FORD would have to prove their tune damaged something, which is unlikely because thats like saying its defective. - plus the tune is not hot enough to do any damage.

Pakman

Wildtrak
First Name
Elbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed mine in about 40 minutes, including the time to update the ProCal. My dealer told me the warranty is intact regardless of who installs the tune, he basically said FORD would have to prove their tune damaged something, which is unlikely because thats like saying its defective. - plus the tune is not hot enough to do any damage.

This is correct, spoke to my aftermarket advisor at Galpin and was told the same thing. He said unless the battery dies while flashing and ECU fries, everything else should still be covered by warranty. I am still going to pay Galpin to install for me :)

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anybody heard anything about when this will be compatible with 24’s ?
Sponsored