Sponsored

I asked my local Ford dealer to install the FORD PERFORMANCE PROCAL 4 CALIBRATION

Donkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
totalled
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you sir- for the help. Knowledge is often useful, sometimes even powerful if applied with a little patience. You just gave me the power I need to use when I am smiling at the cashier's counter.
There are literally YouTube vids on installing it if they would look. They should be done in less than an hour and be happy charging you for one.
Sponsored

briansh

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone had their local ford dealer successfully install the Bronco Performance Procal upgrade?
Bought one of the procal tools from
Lethal Performance
https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ry-tool-2021-2022-bronco-2-7l-m-9603-b27.html

and to insure my warranty coverage would stay in effect. I asked for my local licensed Ford dealer to schedule the Bronco for the upgrade. Did not expect any issue but-

My local official Ford dealer's shop is scratching their head, and "is reaching out to their Ford contacts for help". I know this is new tech, and upgrading training is a constant process in this age. So I am patient, but cautious of being the one to pay for their tech's additional training time.
Too bad they didn't prepare for my appointment...I made a week ago in advance.

Regardless, two questions for the forum- looking for another members' experience with their dealers install:
1) Shop time expected expense billed to install?
and
2) Are you happy the upgraded calibration?

Oh well, a bronco in hand is better than 2 on order?
Going through this exact situation now. I am also concerned that my dealership will be charging me for their learning curve. I’m surprised that I am the first one to have this installed at my dealership, and worried that I will need to take it to another place to make sure it was installed correctly.
The dealership did estimate a 3 hour install, we will see if they come in under that, but I doubt it.

briansh

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My local Ford dealer said that only certain dealerships are certified by Ford. This may be why some of you are having issues with your dealer.
How do you know whose certified?

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going through this exact situation now. I am also concerned that my dealership will be charging me for their learning curve. I’m surprised that I am the first one to have this installed at my dealership, and worried that I will need to take it to another place to make sure it was installed correctly.
The dealership did estimate a 3 hour install, we will see if they come in under that, but I doubt it.
It’s a vailid concern. But, there’s no need to take it to another shop. I found one dealer that would do it. At one point he gets me to come back to login to get the tune downloaded and he walks over and just a few seconds later says it’s installed. I was a little confused because I thought it was several steps and took a little bit. When I got in and tested out the auto stop start and it wouldn’t stay off. I knew he never installed it. So, when I got home, I went through the steps and installed it.

The thing is it takes very little knowledge to really install these. i have a piece of paper that says they installed it for any warranty issues.

Mudfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased directly from Ford performance and was able to use my purchase ford points. so with points and sale it cost me about $425.

I called a few dealers. One refused claiming they don't install ECU related modifications. Another said they had not done one but would " try to figure it out". However,they ghosted me for scheduling. I found another, had to wait weeks. agreed to pay 1 hr labor $140. Took the young tech about 20 mins to install.

Yes it is totally worth it. Badlands doesn't have sport mode so the tune completely eliminated the lazy meandering transmission. Also with the tune active, when you turn off the auto start/stop it stays off even after restart. its fast and fun to drive.

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealership won’t touch it just like they won’t install the Hoss 3.0 rack and tie rods even though they’re ford parts.
KMF in San Diego refused to even talk about FP-issue Bilstein shocks.

OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They could do it in 1 or at the most 2 hours...I was the first at my local F.dealer too. Ultimately it will be 100% worth it, so if there is a problem they will/should take care of you. I doubt there will be any issues, it is easy for a tech to do. Another member reminded me that the overhead to run a dealership is pricey. I hope you are pleasantly surprised and it will at the most be a 2 hour charge(mine was a 2 hour charge).
I am very happy with the improvement and with the upgrade install expenses was worth the $200 shop time I paid. After they are finished wait a couple weeks for your system to adjust, use premium gas when ever you can (helps the pucker effect) ...and then also add an aftermarket pedal performance kit (there are a couple few options), and you will have even more fun. It has been 14 months since my loco dealer installed the Procal, and no problems. Keep modifying and....Enjoy!

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had my local Ford dealer install it for $180 set price. The install went fine as the tech made sure everything worked correctly. However a word of caution. Several months after install my Bronco was back for an oil change. A tech thought he’d be nice and give me the latest update. It wasn’t ProCal as I felt it driving away from the dealership. After a short meeting with the service mgr. ProCal was reinstalled the next day for free. Put a NO FLASH sticker on the door sill. They are available from Sticker Fabs site.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know that everyone is worried about warranty issues, but seriously, save the money and just install it yourself (or alternatively wait for the warranty to be done with before installing it). The install truly is simple enough that I bet my 85 year old dad with limited computer literacy could do it.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know that everyone is worried about warranty issues, but seriously, save the money and just install it yourself (or alternatively wait for the warranty to be done with before installing it). The install truly is simple enough that I bet my 85 year old dad with limited computer literacy could do it.
You can go spend $100 for the install and have a tune now with warranty. I’m not waiting for the warranty to run out. A better question is why would anyone get the FP tune and install it without warranty versus buying the Whipple tune with more power?

You want talk about a car company that takes turning serious. I think they have team that works just on catching tuned cars - Audi. I picked up a 2024 SQ7 a few moths ago. A stage 1 tune for those gets you almost +200 hp. If you take it in and they hook it to the computer To the mothership, they TD1 it voiding the power train warranty. I think they can even catch piggy back systems like JB4. I don’t think I’ll be able to hold out long though. 🤣

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can go spend $100 for the install and have a tune now with warranty. I’m not waiting for the warranty to run out. A better question is why would anyone get the FP tune and install it without warranty versus buying the Whipple tune with more power?

You want talk about a car company that takes turning serious. I think they have team that works just on catching tuned cars - Audi. I picked up a 2024 SQ7 a few moths ago. A stage 1 tune for those gets you almost +200 hp. If you take it in and they hook it to the computer To the mothership, they TD1 it voiding the power train warranty. I think they can even catch piggy back systems like JB4. I don’t think I’ll be able to hold out long though. 🤣
I think that the mothership is already having an aneurism with what my Bronco is reporting back to the mothership. LOL.

It does sound like Audi is more aggressive than Ford. It's hard to prove that a piggyback system was used if it doesn't cause codes since it's modifying sensor inputs, which really can't be monitored by the mothership effectively. There are ways to infere that it may have happened, but that is not necessarily proof enough to deny warranty claims, and really would involve getting deep into the weeds. Resetting the ECU prior to dropping it off for warranty work would be sufficient to get rid of the evidence in long term and short term engine trim tables.

colonelburke

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I checked with my parts dept to see the price after my Ford points. He said they cant order it because they are not a Ford Performance dealer, and will check for me to see if they can even install it if I get it elsewhere. I’m just going to go to a certified Ford Performance dealer.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It literally takes like 15 min to do yourself and you can return the tune to stock at any point if you would ever need to make a warranty claim. I wouldn’t take it to the shop they will probably find a way to screw it up anyways… don’t overthink it, you are literally plugging in a cable and clicking a couple things on a computer haha

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Exactly! My 16 year old installed it in about 20 minutes or so and the warranty isn't for the for the vehicle, it's for the procal tune and device! I still have not heard of one of these messing up anyone's motor..hell, ford should give us free extended warranties for making them truly run better and more efficient.

First Name
Mr. Fantastix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs