Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had mine for less than a week and less than 200 miles so far. No noises or off things so far. I will say it has been so hot here in Texas that the A/C has been on high most of the time...and it is loud enough it is hard to hear the engine, so I might not be the best reference at the moment.
Sponsored

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only noise I get is a squeaky clutch pedal which started at around 6k miles (I'm at 10,600 now). Took it to the dealer, they drove it, stated it feels fine and questioned if I really want to leave it for a squeaky pedal. Looked under the dash, saw the spring covered in grease (which is obviously good), but I don't know where else to look and/or if I should grab a can of dry silicon grease and start spraying around....

I have gotten the same thing from time to time. 5800 miles and breaking in well so far.

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Finally got video. @Ford Motor Company just in case dealer says it’s normal lol the noise starts as soon as clutch disengages aka pedal is pushed in: (trying to cut down video to fit is hard)

I heard something clunking. Have not heard that in my truck when shifting.

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I heard something clunking. Have not heard that in my truck when shifting.
Yeah that’s just me pushing in clutch. Maybe I’m driving wrong idk. I get it up to 3k rpm per owners manual, push in clutch release throttle, shift, release clutch kinda smoothly and not quick cause it’ll usually jerk if you just release clutch, and then give it gas. This isn’t my first manual but it definitely seems odd. Especially when the tech drove it he was used to mustangs and he jerked it like crazy shifting I was like hey smooth in and smooth out not quick, and it will not jerk. Lol anyone around louisiana? Trying to accelerate quickly like to get on an interstate it just doesn’t like at all, and I find myself holding up traffic sometimes cause it just does not like to be shifted quickly imo.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

11K+ miles. Sometimes a clunk, sometimes not. Usually first or second gear.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has been good, I do have the squeaking clutch pedal from time to time. Not enough for me to care to look as at it.

I honestly love how easy this thing is to drive as a manual. My wife has even started driving it and practicing. I think the badlands manual 4.7 gearing helps too.

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah that’s just me pushing in clutch. Maybe I’m driving wrong idk. I get it up to 3k rpm per owners manual, push in clutch release throttle, shift, release clutch kinda smoothly and not quick cause it’ll usually jerk if you just release clutch, and then give it gas. This isn’t my first manual but it definitely seems odd. Especially when the tech drove it he was used to mustangs and he jerked it like crazy shifting I was like hey smooth in and smooth out not quick, and it will not jerk. Lol anyone around louisiana? Trying to accelerate quickly like to get on an interstate it just doesn’t like at all, and I find myself holding up traffic sometimes cause it just does not like to be shifted quickly imo.

Mine has the squeaky clutch pedal periiodically. Sometimes shifting is still notchy but it's getting better as it wears in.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get a lot of clattering in 4wd but that's somewhat normal as driveline windup unloads. I wonder if you're getting a little of that.

OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I get a lot of clattering in 4wd but that's somewhat normal as driveline windup unloads. I wonder if you're getting a little of that.
I didn’t think to engage then disengage 4WD. But that would make me worry what’s been happening all this time. I’ll try that in morning

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Try releasing throttle a hair before you push in clutch and see how the noise does.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Guardian1fox2

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Try releasing throttle a hair before you push in clutch and see how the noise does.
Tried what you said; seems to help some. 1st is just crazy for some reason. Get it to 3k, release throttle early, clutch, (engine kinda hangs rpm, noise isn’t as bad) then it jerks when clutch released to second and I don’t know why. Doesn’t do it in other gears.

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Same here. notice it when in 4WD or under load in 1st or crawl gear going slow and I push in the clutch while moving to the brake. Occasionally will get a noise in 1st to 2nd shift when cold if I try to shift too fast.

Anthonymav

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, I just had my MT at Ford last Friday for "noise". I had been hearing what I think is a grinding noise. It started around 4k miles. I don't hear it when in reverse, I dont hear it when in neutral. I'm guessing transmission. I also only hear it in 1st or 2nd gear. Might not be hearing it higher gear because I'm going to fast. Also, don't hear with radio on. I was concerned enough to take it to dealer. They couldnt find anything wrong. They said they had another manual in, and compared sounds, both sounded the same. I question this. Anyway, they see no issue. It's been noted, but the noise does concerns me. Interestingly it doesnt always make the noise. id say about 75% of time it does

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only noise I get is a squeaky clutch pedal which started at around 6k miles (I'm at 10,600 now). Took it to the dealer, they drove it, stated it feels fine and questioned if I really want to leave it for a squeaky pedal. Looked under the dash, saw the spring covered in grease (which is obviously good), but I don't know where else to look and/or if I should grab a can of dry silicon grease and start spraying around....
I've got the squeaky clutch too. Mine almost sounds like wet wood squeak.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've got the squeaky clutch too. Mine almost sounds like wet wood squeak.
Oh really? Glad I'm not alone. Any attempts to spray some grease on it?
Sponsored