Sponsored

I ordered the Advanced Fiberglass Concepts hard top. Anyone else?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want to add Anderson Composites top is extremely nice and its a very big company with a great track record. I know there are some differences with these two tops, but my money from day one would be going towards Anderson and when mine OEM goes south thats the choice.
Ultimately I went with Andersonā€™s as well. The vendor I went through only required 25% down until the top comes in. I was almost able to get one right away because they had one in stock. but i got beat out by a few mins hahah. Now biggie, I ordered June 1st expecting to get it within 12 weeks.

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like we are all giving them an interest free loan. I am going to let mine hit the 1 year mark before I file a formal complaint. I will start with the BBB and then I will follow-up with the FTC to address the financial implications. At this point a simple refund just won't do.

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread has convinced me to get a refund - and go with Anderson - ADV sounds like a scam to me at this point. Not getting any product out the door after all the Dog and Pony ads and claims of greatness - and passing their two demo units around to make even more BS videos by other self proclaimed Bronco experts - seals the deal for me - I am out.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We ordered ours in October of 2022 and every month the delivery has pushed out since April. Yesterday (6/27/23) I was informed that I can expect delivery in September 2023 :-(
Damn. I ordered after minutes of it's pre-order release and was quoted August. I'm hoping those who had roughly the same timeframe as I are still in the August category...

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I saw them announce this top I was on board big time. Looks great. Seems like high quality, etc. Then I saw the 100% down just to reserve one and I stopped dead right there. Iā€™m not paying anyone 100% down on a CAD drawing and promise of a product. Thatā€™s a lot of trust in someone. They may actually deliver a super nice and cool top- eventually. But the events that have occurred are EXACTLY the reason I didnā€™t go for it. These tops were supposed to come out months ago. Delay after delay after delay. Like someone said- whatā€™s the rush when they have 100% of the customers money already? Maybe these tops would be shipping out weeks ago if this were not the case. Iā€™m game for a percentage down and go from there.

I must say that those of you who have waited are patron saints. I know you use the bronco timeframes as an argument but that doesnā€™t hold water- no one gave Ford 100% of the cost UPFRONT to get one. Most gave $100, some $1000, some zero! No one paid Ford in advance for the bronco.

But Iā€™m excited for those who waited this out to get them. I bet they will be awesome.

Last edited:

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I saw them announce this top I was on board big time. Looks great. Seems like high quality, etc. Then I saw the 100% down just to reserve one and I stopped dead right there. Iā€™m not paying anyone 100% down on a CAD drawing and promise of a product. Thatā€™s a lot of trust in someone. They may actually deliver a super nice and cool top- eventually. But the events that have occurred are EXACTLY the reason I didnā€™t go for it. These tops were supposed to come out months ago. Delay after delay after delay. Like someone said- whatā€™s the rush when they have 100% of the customers money already? Maybe these tops would be shipping out weeks ago if this were not the case. Iā€™m game for a percentage down and go from there.

I must say that those of you who have waited are patron saints. I know you use the bronco timeframes as an argument but that doesnā€™t hold water- no one gave Ford 100% of the cost UPFRONT to get one. Most gave $100, some $1000, some zero! No one paid Ford in advance for the bronco.

But Iā€™m excited for those who waited this out to get them. I bet they will be awesome.
In all honesty I'm a little dismayed myself. It is suspicious that none of the tops they have delivered have sound-deadening. Posting videos comparing sound quality without the headliner is a bit odd. Is that the hold up at this point? The latest video shows a bunch prepped for shipment so this is getting suspicious that they can't ship as they are ready in the order they were placed. Heck, I'd do w/o the headliner at this point just so I could use it this summer. It's really hard to see a logical excuse to the delays at this point. But it's not like Anderson is delivering these by the truckload and it's been like only 10 wks since the first one was delivered. It is a lot easier when you have the design already done for you. (Can you tell I'm talking myself into holding on).

The lack of transparency is what kills most of us, especially when target after target gets pushed back. It is now a year after initial delivery estimates and I'm holding until labor day. If it is not here by then I'm probably gonna have to bail even though the quality I see from every video ADV puts out and the reports/feedback from those who have one or have seen one in person appears top-notch and the styling is so much better but the corporate communication is just terrible. Decisions decisions.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In all honesty I'm a little dismayed myself. It is suspicious that none of the tops they have delivered have sound-deadening. Posting videos comparing sound quality without the headliner is a bit odd. Is that the hold up at this point? The latest video shows a bunch prepped for shipment so this is getting suspicious that they can't ship as they are ready in the order they were placed. Heck, I'd do w/o the headliner at this point just so I could use it this summer. It's really hard to see a logical excuse to the delays at this point. But it's not like Anderson is delivering these by the truckload and it's been like only 10 wks since the first one was delivered. It is a lot easier when you have the design already done for you. (Can you tell I'm talking myself into holding on).

The lack of transparency is what kills most of us, especially when target after target gets pushed back. It is now a year after initial delivery estimates and I'm holding until labor day. If it is not here by then I'm probably gonna have to bail even though the quality I see from every video ADV puts out and the reports/feedback from those who have one or have seen one in person appears top-notch and the styling is so much better but the corporate communication is just terrible. Decisions decisions.
I understand! Hopefully youā€™ll get it before the give up date and itā€™ll be even better than you hoped. Those of you who have held out for these certainly deserve that!

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

Iā€™m still not sold the actual top will be as great as stated. It wouldnā€™t surprise me if one of the ADV Executives in charge of this ADV Bronco hard top project is a fired Ford executive that worked on the initial Bronco design and launch then was let go due to poor execution and the failure to deliver said broncos in a timely manner.
A lot of similarities: hype with promises followed by cool rendered pics and more hype. Except this time he advised Collect All the $ from the masses, drop occasional ā€œupdatesā€ to keep the order holders at bay while seeking more orders. Send a prototype top out to the 6ā€™2 guy so he can do a you tube video and drum up more orders of the yet to be delivered hard tops. Laugh all the way to the bank.

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was also an original "very first one to order" ADV hardtop in Feb 2022. Waited patiently for more than a year. Decided to get back my refund in March 2023. Received my AC hardtop in May 2023. I love that it is OEM styled and can be used with a lot of accessories. No regrets so far.

Sponsored

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You are absolutely correct. I ordered and paid back in April 4, 2022. The last email I received was May 4, 2023 telling me the rubber came in and production was underway. From what Iā€™ve heard here is shipping in August. Iā€™m a sucker. I should have known better. Donā€™t even consider ordering from AFC until the pre-orders actually ship and people report on actual delivery and quality.

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive waited so long, I just stopped caring and got my refund. Poor, poor biz. Should be offering discount or perks to those who funded this thing with their interest.

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why would you put $1,000 down on a product that's not even been made yet?

Wouldn't it make more sense to invest the $1,000 into a index fund for a year or two until the top is actually available for sale on their website? And make like $300 off the index fund in the meantime? What am I missing here.

GypsyDRB

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same / similar boat as many here. I ordered my top ...middle of July 2022. I just don't understand how the timeframe can go from last November (2022) to September of 2023.

It's gone from supply chain issues to quality control issues on some parts. I appreciate the firm commitment to quality, but it is crazy to me that I ordered the top 3 months before I got my Bronco and I wont even get it (knock on wood) until a year after my Bronco arrived.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the headliner they promised is holding things up as well. Maybe I missed it, but I have yet to see one. And anytime anyone brings it up they deflect immediately.
Sponsored

Last edited: