First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My mom has a Gladiator with the upgraded Fox suspension and 37” tires.

I agree fully with your post.
Dang! Your mom must be really cool rolling on 37s. I have a Gladiator on 33s and I for one am extremely jealous of your mother.
Sponsored

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Let's not lose the thread of where this started:

"The base looks better when it has a mild lift and 35s"

Basesquatch = Base with mild lift and 35s.
false equivalency. you can't even buy a gladiator in it's highest trim with 35's from teh factory. you have NO OPTION but to run to the aftermarket to make it look good. the gloss black wheels on the high trims help but still dont get it there. so I could revise my statement to say even the top line Rubicon looks better with a mild lift and 35-37's on it.

so you can mince words all you want, until you go aftermarket you still can't make a gladiator look as good as a basesquatch. and the bronco still $10-15k cheaper than those 'high trim' glads that still require aftermarket 'help', you simply can't get it from the factory looking as badass as the factory base bronco. besides, it's more than ~just wheels and tires~ as I noted in the original post as well, 'other exterior accessories' as well. :cheers:

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not quite.

Because the Ranger doesn’t have the same 4-wheel-drive system the Bronco has, you can’t get it with a stick, and, well… It looks like a Ranger.

If they could put a Bronco-style body on the Ranger, keep the tow rating close to where it is, offer a stick shift and lockers, they wouldn’t even need the Ranger. They have the F150 and the Maverick. If they’re going to offer a “midsize” truck for basically the same price as the F150, at least make it cool!
The Ranger also doesn't have removable roof/doors.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
false equivalency. you can't even buy a gladiator in it's highest trim with 35's from teh factory. you have NO OPTION but to run to the aftermarket to make it look good. the gloss black wheels on the high trims help but still dont get it there. so I could revise my statement to say even the top line Rubicon looks better with a mild lift and 35-37's on it.
I think you're really getting lost in the woods here. The whole point is that plenty of people think that the base Bronco on the base 16" wheels and smooth tires looks wimpy. This has nothing at all to do with prices or option packages or anything else.

Sponsored

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, the Jeep engineers are thinking: Our next Wrangler (And Gladiator) will have a standard independent front suspension, but the Rubicon model will have the solid front axle. The Ford engineers are thinking: Our next Bronco will continue with the IFS, but the (Insert Marketing Dept name here) model will have a solid front axle. I guarantee it- I heard them talking together in a biker bar in downtown Livonia, Michigan.:unsure:

GAbronco

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had a gladiator Mojave for almost 2 years and loved it. It drove really well on the highway. I would tell anyone if they are even considering getting one - spend the money and go Mojave. I have my WildTrak now though and will never go back. I love the Bronco even more lol.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone do Mopar Lower Control Arms or anything for the steering to address the steering issues?

GOAT X4

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Ram TRX, RZR Turbo…
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I rented a Gladiator this week for work. Figured it would be fun to drive and an opportunity to compare it to my Bronco after 3 months of ownership and 4,500 miles.

This isn't meant to trigger the Jeep folks, because the Jeep brand deserves a ton of credit for continuously offering the Wrangler and its variants as an interesting alternative to boring vehicles for decades.

With that said, I'm not joking when I say I would have returned this thing and grabbed a different vehicle if I had the time. The driving characteristics of a Gladiator vs. a Bronco are literally night and day, and being in the Gladiator gave me a whole new level of appreciation for the Bronco's road manners.

Gladiator steering at 75MPH is like giving vague suggestions as to what direction the truck should go. As a driver who represents the majority of buyers (someone who uses the vehicle as a daily driver and goes off road occasionally), I can confidently say I would have sold a Gladiator almost immediately. I'm glad they exist and think they look great, just surprised at the wildly unrefined on-road characteristics!

IMG_20230216_092137.jpg
Too funny - I bought a Gladiator... spent a bunch of money on it then sold it at 6mo. Then got a Bronco.

thumbnail_68127412911__6F830FDD-9480-4B74-8B43-4D4E0CAFACD4.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4766.jpg

Sponsored

DolphinGal

Badlands
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're spot on with the driving at highway speed diagnosis. My wife has 21 Wrangler Sahara and I absolutely hate driving it on the highway. It makes me sad because I'd love to replace my work truck in a couple years with a Gladiator, but I don't think I could stand it on a daily basis.

DolphinGal

Badlands
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I rented a Gladiator this week for work. Figured it would be fun to drive and an opportunity to compare it to my Bronco after 3 months of ownership and 4,500 miles.

This isn't meant to trigger the Jeep folks, because the Jeep brand deserves a ton of credit for continuously offering the Wrangler and its variants as an interesting alternative to boring vehicles for decades.

With that said, I'm not joking when I say I would have returned this thing and grabbed a different vehicle if I had the time. The driving characteristics of a Gladiator vs. a Bronco are literally night and day, and being in the Gladiator gave me a whole new level of appreciation for the Bronco's road manners.

Gladiator steering at 75MPH is like giving vague suggestions as to what direction the truck should go. As a driver who represents the majority of buyers (someone who uses the vehicle as a daily driver and goes off road occasionally), I can confidently say I would have sold a Gladiator almost immediately. I'm glad they exist and think they look great, just surprised at the wildly unrefined on-road characteristics!

Ford Bronco I Rented a Gladiator...My thoughts vs Bronco thumbnail_IMG_4766
My husband owns a gladiator. He bought me a bronco and is jealous now

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dang! Your mom must be really cool rolling on 37s. I have a Gladiator on 33s and I for one am extremely jealous of your mother.
Haha, it’s definitely huge. She’s never going to off-road it, but she bought it when these were cheap. She basically got all the add ons free.
Ford Bronco I Rented a Gladiator...My thoughts vs Bronco B5A53FAA-7E31-4C72-BBFD-4FD71AE62970

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I have Stockholm syndrome.

I am ready right now, even after all the current Bronco trials and tribulations, to stand in line for a two door \ removable top \ Scab \ braptor engine and suspension \ 5.5k lbs towing in any other color than grey.

Maybe Ford will even send me this limited edition line drawing for hanging in there.

Ford Bronco I Rented a Gladiator...My thoughts vs Bronco 1676587192803