Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got 8 years 100k with $100 deductible for $1530 from Flood Ford online. I did apply my Ford Pass Points to get that price.
So 5 years with 64k miles, right? Because it overlaps with your manufacturer warranty.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well first of all they convinced 1200 or so folks that signing up with them for a Bronco was a good idea. Now they want to sell warranties?
I think everyone here is aware of the Granger reservations and allocations situation and I am not sure how that is relevant to the warranty discussion. How is promoting their warranty offer "drinking the kool-aid"? Are the not standing behind the offer or has Ford intervened in some way??

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely didn’t and still don’t mind paying a little over $1200 for having a six year/100,000 mile premium extended warranty through Granger. Nice having a piece of mind and not having to worry about potentially paying thousands upon thousands of dollars for a new transmission, 12 inch screen, or something else down the road. With the inflation and supply chain shortages currently going on with no sign of letting up anytime soon, the warranty deal Granger is offering makes buying it a no brainer in my opinion.
Isn't it just a 3 year, 64k warranty considering it overlaps with your manufacturer warranty? And are you sure it covers electronics?

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You're absolutely right, mans just doing his job - but I think the way he went about it was not cool and didn't sit right with me. The only person i'm really mad at though is myself. I should have known better and done my research up front. It was the one thing i wasn't really thinking about because i hadn't actually purchased a new car in a really long time. Just threw me off and it was so late in the day, felt like a deer in headlights.

Hopefully i can be a lesson to others, research warranties up front!
You shouldn't beat yourself up. The surprise add-on is a time-tested money making technique. It's like when they start trying to layer on extra insurance at the car rental while you're just wanting to head to the beach and don't really know what your regular car insurance does and doesn't cover.

Normally I'm not a fan of ESP warranties, but a number of things about the new Bronco make it more appealing in this case. Since I had to wait 18 months after I ordered the Bronco I had time to read these forums and consider Flood Ford or Grainger.

Sponsored

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Flood has 150k miles zero deductible 5 years for around $3,050

(I know crazy numbers but I drive a lot)
Now that number makes more sense to me.

I do around 40,000 miles per year, 150,000 would definitely be something I’d do. 👍🏽

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So 5 years with 64k miles, right? Because it overlaps with your manufacturer warranty.
Yes, and it wouldn’t be any different if you waited until your factory warranty was running out. If you buy it at 35,000 miles, or 60,000 miles, it does not add an additional 100,000 miles. It’s only going to carry you to 100,000 miles total. The difference is, waiting until the end of your factory warranty will cost you 2 to 3 times more than just buying it up front.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. I’m one of those people who will definitely be putting more than 36,000 miles on my Bronco before the three years is up which is why I went with the six year/100,000 mile option from Granger. Instead of only being able to drive 12,000 miles a year on average I will now be able to drive 16,666 miles a year on average and stay in that six year warranty coverage. Don’t forget also that the longer you wait to buy an extended warranty the more expensive it’s going to get.

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct. I’m one of those people who will definitely be putting more than 36,000 miles on my Bronco before the three years is up which is why I went with the six year/100,000 mile option from Granger. Instead of only being able to drive 12,000 miles a year on average I will now be able to drive 16,666 miles a year on average and stay in that six year warranty coverage. Don’t forget also that the longer you wait to buy an extended warranty the more expensive it’s going to get.
I hope you never have to use the warranty and that your Bronco is a tough SOB. I simultaneously hope that you get use out of your warranty. I'm not sure how to square those two, but I do hope the best for you. Have a good one!

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

PremiumCARE is the name of one of the levels in their Extended Service Plan warranty, which is different from the Premium Maintenance Plan
$3900 seem like a lot. But that's just my personal belief. on the other hand if you happen to lose you keys few time you could probably recoup the money.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It was very late Monday when i picked up my bronco. The finance guy came in and didn't really show me the options, basically just said lets cut to the chase.. this one is the best one and i need it, etc...I felt very pressured, but also know it's a good idea to get the extended warranty. However, after reading through here I am feeling like I got screwed over. $3900 for the premium care. I haven't bought a new car in many years (i have always leased) so i forgot that they would come at me with this. Is this way too much?
You can cancel it for a refund.

The known value for ford protection is available from trusted dealers online for price comparison.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You shouldn't beat yourself up. The surprise add-on is a time-tested money making technique. It's like when they start trying to layer on extra insurance at the car rental while you're just wanting to head to the beach and don't really know what your regular car insurance does and doesn't cover.

Normally I'm not a fan of ESP warranties, but a number of things about the new Bronco make it more appealing in this case. Since I had to wait 18 months after I ordered the Bronco I had time to read these forums and consider Flood Ford or Grainger.
Yep, the surprise add on is standard even at a good low pressure dealership. On pricing they let your excitement take over to get you to agree to ADM or overpriced add ons. Then they make the delivery process take much longer than it should to get you tired, hungry and worn down. My technique is:
1. Agree to pricing in advance before you ever set foot in the dealership. And specify and get agreement to no add ons.
2. Enjoy the delivery process, your salesman will act like your BFF, take it in but don't fall for it.
3. When they send you to the finance guy, turn your giddyness off, tune him out. The only word to utter is "no".
4. Walk out the door and enjoy your ride.

After a few months I did my research and purchased 8/100K Ford ESP from Granger for $1200 less than my low pressure/low price dealer quoted at delivery. I've never purchased an extended warranty before and would only consider Ford ESP, I'm keeping this thing FOREVER!

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think everyone here is aware of the Granger reservations and allocations situation and I am not sure how that is relevant to the warranty discussion. How is promoting their warranty offer "drinking the kool-aid"? Are the not standing behind the offer or has Ford intervened in some way??
These discount dealers were well aware that they weren’t going to get enough Bronco’s to cover their orders. Bait and switch. Sell folks Bronco Sports, Jeeps or extended warranties because they are so wonderful, transparent, and honest.
They were either incompetent , ignorant or totally selfish in their practices.
Now people want to buy warranties from them? It’s not just Ford here. Most dealers didn’t try to game the known system.

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cancel it. Zack and his team are offering 50$ over cost for members of this forum. 1700 for 8yr 100 k premium 50 deductible.
Who the freak is zac 🤣 he legit so 1750 for 10 years huh sounds too good to be true
Sponsored