• 2021-UP Ford Bronco Big Bend without Sasquatch Package
  • 2021-UP Ford Bronco Black Diamond without Sasquatch Package
  • 2021-UP Ford Bronco Outer Banks without Sasquatch Package
Fitment for HOSS 2.0 Suspension Package
  • 2021-UP Ford Bronco Base with Sasquatch Package
  • 2021-UP Ford Bronco Big Bend with Sasquatch Package
  • 2021-UP Ford Bronco Black Diamond with Sasquatch Package
  • 2021-UP Ford Bronco Outer Banks with Sasquatch Package
  • 2021-UP Ford Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch Package is optional equipment, affects wheel/tire fitment. HOSS 2.0 Suspension Package is standard equipment)
  • 2021-UP Ford Bronco Wildtrak with HOSS 2.0 Suspension Package (Sasquatch Package is standard equipment, affects wheel/tire fitment. Does not fit Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0)
  • 2021 Ford Bronco First Edition (Sasquatch Package is standard equipment, affects wheel/tire fitment)
  • 2022 Ford Bronco Everglades (Sasquatch Package is standard equipment, affects wheel/tire fitment)

These shocks will take out much of the bounciness found in HOSS 1.0, and less so in HOSS 2.0. They will make the ride slightly firmer as you go to the higher snap rings. But to me it was almost imperceptible to me during my ~1500 mile road trip to EJS. You could tell there was less body sway in turns and side-winds, but no noticable increase in road harshness. They rode very nicely on-road. Off-road is where they really shined, especially when you put the hammer down.
I have a Badlands non-SAS 4 door with the HOSS 2.0 suspension. I have two questions I'm hoping you will be able to answer.

1. In regards to medium speed compression dampening (traveling on a medium rough dirt road at 20 to 30 mph), would you consider that your EXP shock will provide a firmer or softer ride than the stock Bilstein HOSS 2.0 suspension?
2. Will your shocks come with boots to cover and protect the shock shaft?

Thank you for your help!
Sponsored

skiborsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRX, Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Several folks have asked here and in DM's about when these might start shipping. Like all new products I get really nervous in quoting dates since they have a tendency to come back and bite me. But I'm hearing is that best case scenario, first production shipments should start in 4-6 weeks.

Best bet, if you're interested, is to get your pre-order in, either with us or your favorite ICON dealer, because that initial production run is currently being filled up.
Any advantage to waiting for Stage 1/2 to be released/is that imminent?

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EXP Series shock absorbers by ICON Vehicle Dynamics combine the performance of a fully rebuildable 2.5-inch diameter premium shock with the convenience and cost-benefits of re-using the Bronco’s factory coil spring and other components.

d477984a-7c75-d60c-5a43-86df2cbefde3.jpeg

EXP bridges the gap between spacer lifts and threaded coilovers, providing suspension lift and custom-tuned suspension performance all in an economical package.
EXP-b.jpg

EXP Series is based on ICON’s proven 2.5-inch diameter Aluminum Series shock absorber, featuring a one-piece impact-extruded aluminum shock body. Hard anodizing provides a great-looking, consistent finish with superior resistance to abrasion and corrosion. The massive 7/8-inch diameter shaft is induction hardened and chrome plated. The one-piece digressive piston design is valved specifically for the Bronco to provide unsurpassed performance and ride quality on and off-road.
EXP-a.jpg

The 6061 billet aluminum coil spring seat is CNC machined to fit the molded heavy duty urethane coil spring seat that is specifically design for fit each of the Bronco model’s OE coil spring. A series of snap-ring grooves machined into the shock body provide easily-selectable ride height adjustment from 0 to 3” over stock, depending on the Bronco’s OE suspension system (HOSS 1.0 or 2.0). EXP shocks use the factory shaft-up orientation, with the shaft ends machined to re-use the Bronco’s OE upper shock and spring mounts.

94501c71-e63a-d41c-edc3-df78d0327ff5.jpeg

EXP shocks are custom tuned by ICON engineers to maximize damping performance when used in conjunction with the Bronco’s stock coil springs. The increased piston size and shock oil volume provided by the 2.5-inch diameter aluminum body provide superior heat dissipation compared to the smaller, steel bodied OE shocks, resulting in longer-lasting shock performance over prolonged use at higher speeds and through rougher terrain. For those who would like to further tune their suspension, EXP shocks are fully re-valvable (and rebuildable) by any qualified shock technician, with parts available from ICON.

862346e8-3110-c9c4-d0f1-57b1dbccf114.jpg

FEATURES & BENEFITS
  • Vehicle specific design for 2021-UP Ford Bronco with HOSS 1.0 or HOSS 2.0 Suspension Package
  • Vehicle specific tuned for superior shock damping and control
  • 2.5 Aluminum Series Shock with Internal Reservoir
  • HOSS 1.0 version: Adjustable ride height from 1.5-3” of lift over stock with the use of snap ring
  • HOSS 2.0 version: Adjustable ride height from 0-3” of lift over stock with the use of snap ring
  • Utilizes factory coil and coil hardware
  • Inverted shaft up design featuring 7/8” diameter, induction hardened, chrome plated shaft
  • One-piece, impact extruded, hard anodized aluminum cylinder offers excellent corrosion resistance and consistent finish
  • CNC machined 6061 aluminum components with a black anodized finish
  • PTFE lined spherical bearing for extended longevity and minimal deflection
  • 100% Bolt-on, no cutting or welding necessary for installation
  • Fully rebuildable and re-tunable
  • Sold by EACH

PART NUMDESCRIPTION
MSRP
WEIGHT
4860121-UP BRONCO HOSS 1.0 PKG 2.5 FRONT EXP COILOVER
524.95​
13​
4861121-UP BRONCO HOSS 1.0 PKG 2.5 REAR EXP COILOVER
524.95​
13​
4860221-UP BRONCO HOSS 2.0 PKG 2.5 FRONT EXP COILOVER
524.95​
13​
4861221-UP BRONCO HOSS 2.0 PKG 2.5 REAR EXP COILOVER
524.95​
13​
Where does one find info on that front bumper?

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a Badlands non-SAS 4 door with the HOSS 2.0 suspension. I have two questions I'm hoping you will be able to answer.

1. In regards to medium speed compression dampening (traveling on a medium rough dirt road at 20 to 30 mph), would you consider that your EXP shock will provide a firmer or softer ride than the stock Bilstein HOSS 2.0 suspension?
It's hard for me to make such hypothetic comparisons, especially in such subjective variables as ride quality, when I only have considerable seat time in one of the vehicle configurations you're asking about. I can just say that, based on my own experience so far, I would rather be driving the EXP-equipped vehicle in that scenario. And I'd be putting my foot down a little more.

I think for most of you guys who are going to need definitive, granular data about specific configurations before you can make a purchase decision, best bet might be to just sit tight for a while, let a few of these get out there into the wild, and independent reviews start flowing, before pulling the trigger.

2. Will your shocks come with boots to cover and protect the shock shaft?

Thank you for your help!
No. These shocks sit in a shaft-up orientation, with the shaft inside the coil spring, just like on the OE shocks.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any advantage to waiting for Stage 1/2 to be released/is that imminent?
Our Stages are intended more as a buyer's guide rather than a price incentive. We try to build them around use-cases but any of them can be altered or reconfigured however you want. I don't believe the stage prices are any different than a la carte.

If you know you're going to want the EXP's, my suggestion is to work with your dealer to go ahead and get those ordered now, along with whatever additional items you're going to want. I'm pretty sure Stage 1 will just be all 4 shocks by themselves, and Stage 2 most likely adds UCA's and the rear track bar.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where does one find info on that front bumper?
It's a prototype and we're still making some tweaks to the design so I'm hesitant to say too much about it at this point. But since the cat's out of the bag, If you have any thoughts on what you see so far we'd love to hear it.

skiborsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRX, Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a prototype and we're still making some tweaks to the design so I'm hesitant to say too much about it at this point. But since the cat's out of the bag, If you have any thoughts on what you see so far we'd love to hear it.
Monotone the skid plate, only have one Icon logo up front, and sell us the thing!

Would also be great if you came up with your own adaptive cruise and camera relocation kits rather than using ADD and JCR parts (respectively). And, of course, optional light mount provisions.

I’m also curious what it would look like if the ends were upturned a bit to follow the front end (would it look good or like a happy face).

From Instagram:
Ford Bronco ICON 2.5 EXP Shocks Bridge The Gap Between Spacers and Threaded Coilovers! 1650937318670

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Height adjustment of 0-3". Is that in 1" increments?

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Dusty at ICON these look great.

Queston. Did you guys go back to chrome shafting vs. nitrosteel?

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Info on that front bumper?

Sponsored

Mudlight

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bumper looks great! Best one I have seen so far.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Dusty at ICON these look great.

Queston. Did you guys go back to chrome shafting vs. nitrosteel?
What I know about these shafts are that they are induction hardened and chrome plated, I'm not sure of the alloy used. I'm still kind of new around here so I'm not an authority on what ICON may have used in the past. If it's important to you, I can ask around.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Height adjustment of 0-3". Is that in 1" increments?
I will find that out for you today. I think we were in the process of making up an infographic about that.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Monotone the skid plate, only have one Icon logo up front, and sell us the thing!

Would also be great if you came up with your own adaptive cruise and camera relocation kits rather than using ADD and JCR parts (respectively). And, of course, optional light mount provisions.

I’m also curious what it would look like if the ends were upturned a bit to follow the front end (would it look good or like a happy face).
Early in the process we did some quick renderings with the ends turned up a bit and we thought it was just like you said, looked too much like a happy face. Your other comments are duly noted :)

Info on that front bumper?
Bumper looks great! Best one I have seen so far.
Thanks guys. I didn't want to clutter this EXP thread too much with comments about the bumper, but your feedback is appreciated! BTW we also have a non-winch version that tucks up a lot tighter. I currently have it on my 2-door for evaluation.