Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
image.jpg

By rock rash you mean something like this? 😜

I have something like this on all 4 of the beauty rings on my Badlands SAS. Most of which I picked up at Big Bear Bronco Bash. LOL
Joerg yeah like that but that's barely a little kiss :) I've clobbered the hell out of the rim edges on my Rebound Pros LOL.

I think those beauty rings for the Ford wheels are about $100 each for replacements. By comparison, our replacement HALO rings will be $59 for black powder coated, or $49 in raw aluminum, for a full ring set (4 segments). The cool thing about that is if you just have one small spot that got kissed like that on a wheel, you'd only need one of the segments to replace it, and keep the other 3 in the drawer until you need them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
And a split spoke design too...
We have a split spoke wheel called "Six Speed" that might be close to what you're thinking. It currently has a fake beadlock ring but I'll add it to the suggestion box to do a Six Speed Pro version of it :)

Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys ICONALLOYS_SIXSPEED_17_TITANIUM_WEB_LARGE

BroncoJoerg

Badlands
First Name
Joerg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Joerg yeah like that but that's barely a little kiss :) I've clobbered the hell out of the rim edges on my Rebound Pros LOL.

I think those beauty rings for the Ford wheels are about $100 each for replacements. By comparison, our replacement HALO rings will be $59 for black powder coated, or $49 in raw aluminum, for a full ring set (4 segments). The cool thing about that is if you just have one small spot that got kissed like that on a wheel, you'd only need one of the segments to replace it, and keep the other 3 in the drawer until you need them.
Yeah, I’m keeping them. I see them as a badge of honor showing that my Bronco isn’t a pavement princess. 😎

All kidding aside, I’m waiting for my stock tires to wear out. Then it new tires and wheels along with a lift so I can run 37”. BTW, I watched your video about swapping to 5.13’s. I think that move to 37’s is getting more expensive by the minute. Lucia’s gonna kill me…

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We have a split spoke wheel called "Six Speed" that might be close to what you're thinking. It currently has a fake beadlock ring but I'll add it to the suggestion box to do a Six Speed Pro version of it :)

Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys ICONALLOYS_SIXSPEED_17_TITANIUM_WEB_LARGE
Thanks, I was thinking more of the Y spoke I guess, like a KMC Grenade. It's a very common overall design for both on and off road wheels.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks, I was thinking more of the Y spoke I guess, like a KMC Grenade. It's a very common overall design for both on and off road wheels.
Gotcha. I think our wheel that's closest to that would be Alpha.
Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys IconAlloys_Alpha_17x85-1608-156-00-500 (1)

Sponsored

Tomcat2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 ol blu, '21 new blu
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Introducing Recon Pro from ICON Alloys!

Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys IconAlloys_Alpha_17x85-1608-156-00-500 (1)

The ultimate wheel for any Bronco, Truck, Jeep or 4X4 SUV, Recon PRO features InnerLock™ D.O.T.-compliant bead-retention technology, replaceable HALO Wheel Armor and aggressive 16-spoke styling.

Recon PRO is initially available in 17 X 8.5" size for popular 5-, 6- and 8-lug applications, including the Bronco's 6 on 5.5" bolt pattern in 0mm or +25mm offset. Available wheel finishes are Charcoal and Satin Black, and come with preinstalled HALO Wheel Armor in Satin Black, with the option to order replacement armor sets in Satin Black or Raw Aluminum.

InnerLock™ is ICON's patented, D.O.T. Compliant bead retention system, making these wheels legal on the street and a beast off-road.

InnerLock™ Technology uses a series of high strength alloy bead retention pins inserted through a thickened section of the wheel to act as a fence to physically prevent the tire bead from being pushed away from the wheel's inner lip. This simple but ingenious solution is patented, lab-tested, and has been trail-proven on the toughest terrain from coast to coast.

FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) No.139 Tire Bead Unseat Resistance Test (modified to 10 psi). Results from multiple tests validated the effectiveness of ICON’s InnerLock technology by exceeding the mechanical limits of the machine (over 7600lbs load) without ever de-beading the tire.

ICON's all-new HALO Wheel Armor system is intelligently designed with segmented quarters, allowing for convenient and cost-effective replacement of individual segments if they incur damage, such as from rock rash.

The segmented design eliminates the need to replace the entire set, providing flexibility and efficiency in maintenance. Moreover, the replacement process is seamless, as HALO segments can be installed or replaced without the necessity of dismounting the tire from the wheel. Crafted from high-grade aluminum, these segments are initially presented in a sleek satin black finish that come preinstalled on the Recon Pro. However, for those seeking a personalized touch, HALO is also offered in Raw Aluminum as a separate part that can be easily customized through painting or specialized coating in any color, offering a truly unique aesthetic.

Here's an informative video showcasing the unique features and benefits of Recon PRO with the InnerLock™ Technology and HALO Wheel Armor features.

RECON PRO KEY FEATURES:
  • Engineered for D.O.T-Compliance
  • Patented InnerLock technology (U.S. Patent No. 11,090,976) provides the ultimate blend of on-road safety and off-road performance, ideal for the “weekend warrior”
  • Bead-retention system features alloy pins that are removable, reusable, and replaceable
  • Hardened bead retention pins utilize a SAE J1926 O-ring seal and are constructed from high strength alloy that is thermochemically treated for extreme corrosion resistance
  • Quick, easy, and safe tire installation and removal
  • HALO Wheel Armor system constructed of high-grade aluminum with 4 individually replaceable segments
  • Aggressive 16-spoke concave styling
  • InnerLock & HALO bolt heads are located inside the barrel of the wheel, protected from rock damage
  • Application-specific dimensions optimize vehicle dynamics and tire clearance
  • Reduced unsprung weight and rotating mass (compared to a traditional bead lock) improves handling characteristics and vehicle dynamics
  • Aluminum alloy construction and 3,200 lbs load rating (4,000 lbs on 8-lug version) provides strength properties that are well suited for off-road use
  • Charcoal or Satin Black powder coat finish

Check them out on our website: Satin Black | Charcoal or your favorite ICON dealer!
Any idea if there's plans to offer in bronze? (like the Rebound Pros)

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’ve already had this conversation but I will echo it again….do this with the Rebound Pro’s and I’m a buyer.

I’m biased but IMO you guys are missing the mark by not throwing this tech on more of your wheels. No one else has it and you can create a following.

If you need a beta tester for Rebound Pro’s with removable rash rings I’m your guy. 😎

Elevator Man

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mercedes GLE, 2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Dusty at ICON - When the rebound Pro first came out there were images of them with a rash ring that looked like it snapped onto the bead lock pins. Any chance that is still in the works? If not and Icon has no plans for making them, can you share the 3D print model so we can make our own?

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Dusty at ICON - When the rebound Pro first came out there were images of them with a rash ring that looked like it snapped onto the bead lock pins. Any chance that is still in the works? If not and Icon has no plans for making them, can you share the 3D print model so we can make our own?
For those who don't know what he's talking about:

Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys 20220216_0158-1200w

It was a sheetmetal rash guard we had been toying with for the Rebound Pro. We eventually killed the idea in favor of the HALO system you see now on these Recon Pros. There were several problems with that idea but the biggest issue was that the InnerLock pins (the "beadlock bolts") would have to be drilled and tapped for the small rash ring bolts. That made it hard to offer the sheetmetal ones as an add-on, as they would also require a whole new set of InnerLock pins. Plus there were manufacturing issues with the precision required of 16 small metal tangs, each with two bends, that needed to conform to a perfect circle and still be perfectly centered and able to balance the wheel reasonably well. In the end, the machined Halo system simply won out for a variety of reasons.

@Elevator Man unfortunately they never share out their CAD files. But you wouldn't want to deal with that anyhow. It wasn't designed to be 3D printed but rather laser cut from sheet metal and formed on a press brake. Even if you were able to cut and bend the sheet metal parts properly, or somehow get a useable plastic version out of a 3D printer, you'd still need to drill and tap your InnerLock bolts. All in all it's a process that just wouldn't be worth the effort in time or expense. I'm still holding out hope for an updated version of Rebound Pro that includes the new Halo rings. I've heard that "its coming" but I won't actually officially say that to you guys until I know it's a sure thing.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
We’ve already had this conversation but I will echo it again….do this with the Rebound Pro’s and I’m a buyer.

I’m biased but IMO you guys are missing the mark by not throwing this tech on more of your wheels. No one else has it and you can create a following.

If you need a beta tester for Rebound Pro’s with removable rash rings I’m your guy. 😎
Believe me I'm in the same camp. InnerLock and HALO for every wheel we make LOL. It's being rolled out to more and more wheels but its a slow process. And it seems like they're favoring all-new wheel designs with these features versus updating the old ones to include them. But as far as I know, Rebound Pro is in line for the update. I just have no way of knowing how long that will take.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any idea if there's plans to offer in bronze? (like the Rebound Pros)
I don't believe there is any plan for it at this time. Bronze seems to be a slow mover these days, and as they say money talks LOL. I'm still lobbying for chrome :)

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crafted from high-grade aluminum, these segments are initially presented in a sleek satin black finish that come preinstalled on the Recon Pro. However, for those seeking a personalized touch, HALO is also offered in Raw Aluminum as a separate part that can be easily customized through painting or specialized coating in any color, offering a truly unique aesthetic.
halo.jpg

Here's an informative video showcasing the unique features and benefits of Recon PRO with the InnerLock™ Technology and HALO Wheel Armor features.

RECON PRO KEY FEATURES:
  • Aluminum alloy construction and 3,200 lbs load rating (4,000 lbs on 8-lug version) provides strength properties that are well suited for off-road use
Tell us more about the raw aluminum option. My Bronco is iconic silver. I think black wheels with charcoal grey rings or maybe even the raw aluminum may work very well aesthetically. Will there be an option to get those rings instead of black when ordering wheels so we don’t have to buy separately?

Also a few other questions….

1. Noticed these are 32lbs. Am I correct to assume that is ship weight? What is actual wheel weight? Thought I saw some literature about 28-30lbs for actual wheel because I throughly they were lighter than factory. Research was from Rebound Pros so might be slightly different for Recon Pros.

2. I see these have 3200# strength like Rebound Pros. Can you tell us more about the tests used to gain that numerical rating? Do the additional holes for the beadlocks create additional stress/fracture points of any significance? Seems you would have air & tire between a hard surface and direct hit to dissipate some of the energy/shock the wheels would take. Never really considered that before so maybe I’m looking at it wrong?

3. Any shot any custom colors may be offered by Icon in lieu of powder coating or painting ourselves? Seems logical at least a charcoal option may be available?

4. Anyway to get color samples for those of us without an Icon dealer nearby?

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Believe me I'm in the same camp. InnerLock and HALO for every wheel we make LOL. It's being rolled out to more and more wheels but its a slow process. And it seems like they're favoring all-new wheel designs with these features versus updating the old ones to include them. But as far as I know, Rebound Pro is in line for the update. I just have no way of knowing how long that will take.
Sounds like there is at least some hope. Judging by the fact you guys have several versions of the Rebound Pros, am I correct to assume it’s a more popular wheel?

What are your 3 top sellers of all wheel styles?

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tell us more about the raw aluminum option. My Bronco is iconic silver. I think black wheels with charcoal grey rings or maybe even the raw aluminum may work very well aesthetically. Will there be an option to get those rings instead of black when ordering wheels so we don’t have to buy separately?

Also a few other questions….

1. Noticed these are 32lbs. Am I correct to assume that is ship weight? What is actual wheel weight? Thought I saw some literature about 28-30lbs for actual wheel because I throughly they were lighter than factory. Research was from Rebound Pros so might be slightly different for Recon Pros.

2. I see these have 3200# strength like Rebound Pros. Can you tell us more about the tests used to gain that numerical rating? Do the additional holes for the beadlocks create additional stress/fracture points of any significance? Seems you would have air & tire between a hard surface and direct hit to dissipate some of the energy/shock the wheels would take. Never really considered that before so maybe I’m looking at it wrong?

3. Any shot any custom colors may be offered by Icon in lieu of powder coating or painting ourselves? Seems logical at least a charcoal option may be available?

4. Anyway to get color samples for those of us without an Icon dealer nearby?
I haven't seen the raw aluminum rings in person yet. I believe these are cast, with some final machining after casting, so I don't know whether the entire piece will have a machined finish or more of a cast look. Once I get some of those in my hands I'll take some good photos of them and post them in this thread. Until then I only have the 3D renderings to depict the raw ones. There will not be an option to specify the raw rings at time of purchase. All Recon Pros ship with black rings.

Your other questions...

1. I will confirm the actual product weight later today when the engineering guys get in. My guess is the stated weight is packaged weight. But I'll update later today and tag you to make sure you see it.

2. While I'm not involved in that part of the product development process, I can say with confidence that the weight ratings are based on digital analysis of the 3D models using software designed for that purpose, as opposed to actually lab testing a physical wheel. While I don't know the finer points of the tests they run, the results they get and how they are interpreted, I do know that they are standard procedures for the wheel industry. If you need to have a more in-depth explanation of it in order to make a purchase decsision, please contact Icon customer service and they can field that question better than I can.

3. If you're asking about additional colors for the HALO rings, I can tell you that offering a wider range of colors was part of our initial plan. But I think that process just got too muddy, due to the fact that if you ask 20 different people what color they want you'd get 20 different answers, and it's simply not possible to satisfy them all. Since we plan to carry this ring design over to other wheel styles, I suspect there may be some economy of scale that would justify adding a few more of the most popular colors, but as of right now I don't have anything definite to report on that. Black is of course offered because it's useful as a replacements for anyone who damages their stock ones. And raw was offered as sort of a catch-all for anyone else who wants to either use them raw or have them coated in whatever their own color of choice might be. Where it goes from there, I can't say at this point but whenever I hear something new, I'll let you guys know.

4. I don't believe we have a way to get you a color sample without sending you a whole wheel LOL.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like there is at least some hope. Judging by the fact you guys have several versions of the Rebound Pros, am I correct to assume it’s a more popular wheel?

What are your 3 top sellers of all wheel styles?
Rebound Pro was, itself, an updated version of a pre-existing wheel design for us. The original Rebound wheel, which we still make, is indeed our most popular wheel design. It now has 3 different variations including the original Rebound, Rebound Pro, and Rebound SLX.

I'm not sure what the other two in our top 3 are. I'm not in the sales department so I don't study the numbers. But just anecdotally I would guess that Alpha and Compression are up there too. Maybe Vector 5/6.
Sponsored