Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Introducing Recon Pro from ICON Alloys!

Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys Recon-Pro-17in_LS02_Hi-Res

The ultimate wheel for any Bronco, Truck, Jeep or 4X4 SUV, Recon PRO features InnerLock™ D.O.T.-compliant bead-retention technology, replaceable HALO Wheel Armor and aggressive 16-spoke styling.

Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys Recon-Pro-17in_LS01_Web-Large

Recon PRO is initially available in 17 X 8.5" size for popular 5-, 6- and 8-lug applications, including the Bronco's 6 on 5.5" bolt pattern in 0mm or +25mm offset. Available wheel finishes are Charcoal and Satin Black, and come with preinstalled HALO Wheel Armor in Satin Black, with the option to order replacement armor sets in Satin Black or Raw Aluminum.

Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys iconalloys-recon-pro-wheel-6lug-charcoal-17x8-adjusted_web-large

Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys iconalloys-recon-pro-wheel-6lug-black-17x8-adjusted_web-large

InnerLock™ is ICON's patented, D.O.T. Compliant bead retention system, making these wheels legal on the street and a beast off-road.

Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys Recon-Pro-17in_LS11_Web-Large

InnerLock™ Technology uses a series of high strength alloy bead retention pins inserted through a thickened section of the wheel to act as a fence to physically prevent the tire bead from being pushed away from the wheel's inner lip. This simple but ingenious solution is patented, lab-tested, and has been trail-proven on the toughest terrain from coast to coast.

FMVSS (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) No.139 Tire Bead Unseat Resistance Test (modified to 10 psi). Results from multiple tests validated the effectiveness of ICON’s InnerLock technology by exceeding the mechanical limits of the machine (over 7600lbs load) without ever de-beading the tire.

Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys innerlock-labtest

ICON's all-new HALO Wheel Armor system is intelligently designed with segmented quarters, allowing for convenient and cost-effective replacement of individual segments if they incur damage, such as from rock rash.

Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys Recon-Pro-17in_LS12_Web-Large

The segmented design eliminates the need to replace the entire set, providing flexibility and efficiency in maintenance. Moreover, the replacement process is seamless, as HALO segments can be installed or replaced without the necessity of dismounting the tire from the wheel. Crafted from high-grade aluminum, these segments are initially presented in a sleek satin black finish that come preinstalled on the Recon Pro. However, for those seeking a personalized touch, HALO is also offered in Raw Aluminum as a separate part that can be easily customized through painting or specialized coating in any color, offering a truly unique aesthetic.
Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys halo

Here's an informative video showcasing the unique features and benefits of Recon PRO with the InnerLock™ Technology and HALO Wheel Armor features.

RECON PRO KEY FEATURES:
  • Engineered for D.O.T-Compliance
  • Patented InnerLock technology (U.S. Patent No. 11,090,976) provides the ultimate blend of on-road safety and off-road performance, ideal for the “weekend warrior”
  • Bead-retention system features alloy pins that are removable, reusable, and replaceable
  • Hardened bead retention pins utilize a SAE J1926 O-ring seal and are constructed from high strength alloy that is thermochemically treated for extreme corrosion resistance
  • Quick, easy, and safe tire installation and removal
  • HALO Wheel Armor system constructed of high-grade aluminum with 4 individually replaceable segments
  • Aggressive 16-spoke concave styling
  • InnerLock & HALO bolt heads are located inside the barrel of the wheel, protected from rock damage
  • Application-specific dimensions optimize vehicle dynamics and tire clearance
  • Reduced unsprung weight and rotating mass (compared to a traditional bead lock) improves handling characteristics and vehicle dynamics
  • Aluminum alloy construction and 3,200 lbs load rating (4,000 lbs on 8-lug version) provides strength properties that are well suited for off-road use
  • Charcoal or Satin Black powder coat finish
Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys Recon-Pro-17in_LS03_Web-Large

Check them out on our website: Satin Black | Charcoal or your favorite ICON dealer!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks nice, but wow that’s a lot of points of failure for a air leak.
A slow air leak would be a nightmare to find with all those o-rings
That's a common misconception. Air leaks have not been a problem in the years since our Rebound Pro has been on the market with the same InnerLock system. Yours is a common initial reaction to this design, but one that has just not borne out as a problem in real world use. Those of us who have run traditional beadlocks in the past have had way more issues with leakdown, broken bolts and constant re-torquing.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those look great on Channel Dusty!
Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting my own set on there permanently (the ones in the pics were just temporarily on it to take photos). I'm slowly working through some other upgrades that the new wheels will be a part of :)

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make one that looks a bit more "trucky" like the Black Rhino Avenger (even better if its fully radially symmetric instead of just bi-laterally symmetric, and I will happily swap over (even after that painful purchase). Oh and in a +25 or +35 offset. Beadlocks are so limited, I was forced to run a 0mm just because I'm not interested in buying the OEM second hand.

Great idea by the way with the modular "beauty ring". Very clever and practical. Every one of my beadlock rings is already gouged at at least on point. I wear it like a badge of honor, but affordable replacement would be pretty cool

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
PLEASE make an old school/slotted wheel with this tech!
I have campaigned for that very thing. Unsuccessfully so far LOL.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Make one that looks a bit more "trucky" like the Black Rhino Avenger
I looked that one up and I'm not personally a fan of that look. But nobody listens to me anyhow so what I like and don't like doesn't matter LOL I'll drop "more trucky" in the suggestion bin for you :)

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked that one up and I'm not personally a fan of that look. But nobody listens to me anyhow so what I like and don't like doesn't matter LOL I'll drop "more trucky" in the suggestion bin for you :)
Yea, maybe not for everyone. I like the military-lite look, unfortunately most styles go way too far with that look and get kind of ridiculous. I just like the heavy duty look, but with a simple symmetrical port/spoke design. I just don't like dressy wheels on a rugged off-roader personally.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yea, maybe not for everyone. I like the military-lite look, unfortunately most styles go way too far with that look and get kind of ridiculous. I just like the heavy duty look, but with a simple symmetrical port/spoke design. I just don't like dressy wheels on a rugged off-roader personally.
Yeah I think it was that big block where their logo is placed, that throws me the most with that one. I think without that, if it looked like the spoke and hole design of the rest of the wheel without those blocks, it would be a pretty nice looking wheel. Maybe that's what you were getting at.

For the record, I like the look and spoke design of our Rebound style wheels better than these Recon Pros. I think the Rebound is more throw-back looking, and maybe even more "trucky", to borrow your terminology. I just like how it echoes back to the old "steel spoke" or "wagon wheel" style wheels that were popular on trucks and 4X4s (including Early Broncos) back in the 70's and 80's. I've campaigned to add these removable Halo rings to the Rebound Pro, which in my opinion would make that the perfect wheel for my personal taste. But until then I'll be going with these Recons :)

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I think it was that big block where their logo is placed, that throws me the most with that one. I think without that, if it looked like the spoke and hole design of the rest of the wheel without those blocks, it would be a pretty nice looking wheel. Maybe that's what you were getting at.

For the record, I like the look and spoke design of our Rebound style wheels better than these Recon Pros. I think the Rebound is more throw-back looking, and maybe even more "trucky", to borrow your terminology. I just like how it echoes back to the old "steel spoke" or "wagon wheel" style wheels that were popular on trucks and 4X4s (including Early Broncos) back in the 70's and 80's. I've campaigned to add these removable Halo rings to the Rebound Pro, which in my opinion would make that the perfect wheel for my personal taste. But until then I'll be going with these Recons :)
Yes, thats what I was getting at regarding the symmetry, and yes I agree, I also like the rebound style more. Just keep the styles coming and you'll get more customers!

BroncoJoerg

Badlands
First Name
Joerg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco NEW Recon Pro Wheel with Innerlock and HALO Wheel Armor from ICON Alloys image

By rock rash you mean something like this? 😜

I have something like this on all 4 of the beauty rings on my Badlands SAS. Most of which I picked up at Big Bear Bronco Bash. LOL

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor