Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you replace them? I've got the same thing going on with mine. I ordered from CustomOffset.com. Not sure if this is something that is easy to do.
Message @Dusty at ICON here, it'll probably be even easier.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
How did you replace them? I've got the same thing going on with mine. I ordered from CustomOffset.com. Not sure if this is something that is easy to do.
Contact ICON customer service. They'll send you replacements (they might ask you to send a pic of your rusty ones). It's a simple process of unthreading the old ones and threading the new ones in. You can do it without removing the tire or taking the wheel off the vehicle. Just jack up whichever tire you're working on, let the air out, replace the pins one by one, air back up.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Dusty at ICON I have a question for you. Do the wheels come with extra o rings? I had them installed at a shop so I never got to see them boxed up and what they came with. Kinda peeved at this 4 wheel shop as I asked them what torque was for the pins and he replied, 100 ftlbs. I laughed and cried inside at his answer. Anyhow if they did come with a few then I need to talk to them again as they said they don’t. Thanks

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I already knew the answer to my question going in for the torque. Wanted to test the waters and this is a decent size chain store too. Wasn’t sure of the the o rings as it don’t say on the icon site.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Dusty at ICON I have a question for you. Do the wheels come with extra o rings? I had them installed at a shop so I never got to see them boxed up and what they came with. Kinda peeved at this 4 wheel shop as I asked them what torque was for the pins and he replied, 100 ftlbs. I laughed and cried inside at his answer. Anyhow if they did come with a few then I need to talk to them again as they said they don’t. Thanks
Mine came with extra o-rings, and the torque is a mere 20 ft. Lbs!
I wasn't aware we included extra o-rings but there you go. They're not really an item that will wear out. As I've said before, the o-rings and the machined bosses they seat into are re-purposed from the hydraulic industry where they typically see working pressures in the thousands of psi. In this use-case they will only see a max of about 40 psi. So you shouldn't ever have to replace them.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Dusty at ICON, so you really didn’t answer my question. Other than saying you learned that icon does send extras. Guess I’ll just pay for something again that I’ve already paid for.

I read on your site that it’s recommended to swap them when changing tires. What’s your take on this? I understand they’re overkill and i deal with gases, fluids and pressures of all kinds daily being a pipe fitter by trade.
So how do you think I should handle this situation with not being given the extra rings? Also for shits and gigs I pulled a pin and they’re dry. So im a wee bit furious at these unskilled professionals. If they don’t correct it I’ll blast embut until then they’ll go nameless. If your a wrench then you should know about galvanic corrosion

I’m really tired of having to check on everyone I deal with to see if they’re doing their job

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Dusty at ICON, so you really didn’t answer my question. Other than saying you learned that icon does send extras. Guess I’ll just pay for something again that I’ve already paid for.

I read on your site that it’s recommended to swap them when changing tires. What’s your take on this? I understand they’re overkill and i deal with gases, fluids and pressures of all kinds daily being a pipe fitter by trade.
So how do you think I should handle this situation with not being given the extra rings? Also for shits and gigs I pulled a pin and they’re dry. So im a wee bit furious at these unskilled professionals. If they don’t correct it I’ll blast embut until then they’ll go nameless. If your a wrench then you should know about galvanic corrosion

I’m really tired of having to check on everyone I deal with to see if they’re doing their job
I'm sorry if I didn't answer your question fully. I'm not in customer service, I'm just the resident Bronco enthusiast here at Icon so I'm the one that puts our stuff on this forum. I try to answer tech questions here when I can, but I usually refer folks to contact our customer service department for the "official" answers, as I'm not really the right person for that. That's why I always speak candidly with you guys, as I don't always know the answer. I could seek out the official Icon answer as to the number of o-rings included, if you really need me to, but it may take a while since I'm usually working on other stuff. But I'm guessing it's just a few extra o-rings, in case they were mis-counted or something. I don't think it includes a full set of 16 extra o-rings. So if you think you need to replace them all, there wouldn't have been enough in the kit to do that anyhow, you'd still have to source them somewhere.

How would I handle the situation? If I were in your position, I'd simply pull each pin, lube the threads and o-ring, then reinstall one by one. It might take an hour or so with a jack, wrench and air compressor. Then I'd let the tire shop manager know I was disappointed with their attention to detail and wouldn't be doing business there anymore. But I don't think I would trust them to correct their mistakes. And I'm not a "put 'em on blast" kind of guy.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, I thought you were CS thanks for the input. I do however disagree with not telling the world on how they perform a service. They’re all about money obviously, but there needs to be some accountability and ethics provided with me forking over that much money to them.

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought mine at @Discount Tire and got extra orings when I picked them up

I have enough to probably do two or so rims again

but let me get this straight

the rims come with extra o rings
You bought and paid for them

why wouldn’t you have to buy more ? Icon isn’t the one that owes them,I provided them with a torque wrench, anti seize, o ring lubricant and correct socket to make sure it was done correctly

maybe have that discussion with your installing dealer. I am assuming you will bring it to them to change the orings?

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received 7 packs of o-rings (each pack with 8 o-rings) in the five boxes (wheels) that I purchased;I had asked my installation shop to look for and keep these for me when they opened the boxes. Aside from the lug nuts and socket, the shop had all that was needed to install the tires onto the wheels correctly. This is an independet shop that works on 4x4s and trailers, and is my go-to for my Bronco's wheel/tire/suspension needs - Street Scene 4x4 and Trailers, in Watsonville, CA.

The new tires are 35" (315/70/17) Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/Ts.

Here's the end result from today's installation, which I'm quite pleased about:

Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology PXL_20230317_200427384
Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology PXL_20230317_232344777
Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology PXL_20230317_232450992

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im torn between the bronze or black on my silver bronco...

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im torn between the bronze or black on my silver bronco...
Icon website let's you simulate car/wheel color combinations. I prefer grey/silver for a silver car. Bronze clashes with silver, and black looks like SAS wheels - my 2 cents.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Icon website let's you simulate car/wheel color combinations. I prefer grey/silver for a silver car. Bronze clashes with silver, and black looks like SAS wheels - my 2 cents.
TY! Also what is the correct bore for these wheels? I am confused as there is various options?
Sponsored