Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Dusty at ICON Do the o-rings that seal each of the beadlock pins require replacement at prescribed intervals for continued failure-free service of the system? What is the estimated/tested life of the o-rings? Thanks.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Dusty at ICON Do the o-rings that seal each of the beadlock pins require replacement at prescribed intervals for continued failure-free service of the system? What is the estimated/tested life of the o-rings? Thanks.
There is no stated lifespan of the o-rings, nor is there a prescribed replacement interval. However, they will likely outlive the Bronco the wheels are mounted to. The o-rings don't actually see any "work" and the operating pressures of 0 to 40 psi are way below the thousands of psi they are designed to withstand in hydraulic systems so there's not really any reason for them to wear out.

Sponsored

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just order a set of the rebound pros 0" offset in bronze from @Northridge4x4. I am sticking with the 35" Nitto trail Grappler for now until I get a lift on and will move to 37". I wanted the KM3s but they are backordered, i am sure the Nittos will be great. I have got 2 flats in 4 mouths with the Bronco, all on the highway, guess its just bad luck...

The last 2 snow wheeling trips people in the group have de-beaded a tire, I have never de-beaded at 8 PSI. Looking forward to being able to run 3-5 PSI without traditional bead lock maintenance, leaks and issues.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no stated lifespan of the o-rings, nor is there a prescribed replacement interval. However, they will likely outlive the Bronco the wheels are mounted to. The o-rings don't actually see any "work" and the operating pressures of 0 to 40 psi are way below the thousands of psi they are designed to withstand in hydraulic systems so there's not really any reason for them to wear out.
Thanks for the info.

I just received my wheels, and they look great.

One of my friends commented that the "pins" have a tendency to rust (heard from some user on the Jeep forums) - are you aware of such feedback, and if so, what are your thoughts? There must be some ferrous material in these "alloy" pins if rusting takes place.

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are mine with 25 offset. Stock Sasquatch Badlands suspension.
Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology 6D11DEAB-4B80-4408-9802-4AE28183E462
Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology 0A169EB4-F855-48B7-8981-509511C78432

Last edited:

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco ICON Rebound Pro Wheels with InnerLock Bead Retention Technology 332286293_1382926665581996_4544488167893463414_n

I have had my Bronze Icon Rebound Pros (0mm offset) for about 6 months now. I love them. Only had one issue where I was running 12PSI and I guess dirt, or something got in the bead and the tire wouldn't hold air and kept losing. The tire place removed the tire from the wheel, cleaned it up and remounted it. Had no problems since but I will probably keep it about 18PSI when wheeling for now in the Florida mud. Could have not been mounted correctly to begin with but it held 12PSI for hours before having an issue.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the info.

I just received my wheels, and they look great.

One of my friends commented that the "pins" have a tendency to rust (heard from some user on the Jeep forums) - are you aware of such feedback, and if so, what are your thoughts? There must be some ferrous material in these "alloy" pins if rusting takes place.
The alloy itself isn't rust-resistant. It's the plating that provides that. We did have a batch in the past that had a bad plating job and started to rust prematurely. We've replaced all that have come to our attention, under warranty.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had my Bronze Icon Rebound Pros (0mm offset) for about 6 months now. I love them. Only had one issue where I was running 12PSI and I guess dirt, or something got in the bead and the tire wouldn't hold air and kept losing. The tire place removed the tire from the wheel, cleaned it up and remounted it. Had no problems since but I will probably keep it about 18PSI when wheeling for now in the Florida mud. Could have not been mounted correctly to begin with but it held 12PSI for hours before having an issue.
I would bet that was some sort of anomaly. I routinely lower mine to 10psi off-road (no lockers so I need all the traction I can get LOL) We've run the ICON Bronco around on 3psi at Sand Hollow just to test them out. I don't recommend that as it's hard on the tire's sidewall.

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of my friends commented that the "pins" have a tendency to rust.
I had a couple with some surface rust and when I notified my tire dealer, they contacted Icon and they replaced them, no questions asked. That was several months ago and the new ones look great and have not rusted and still look great.

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a couple with some surface rust and when I notified my tire dealer, they contacted Icon and they replaced them, no questions asked. That was several months ago and the new ones look great and have not rusted and still look great.
How did you replace them? I've got the same thing going on with mine. I ordered from CustomOffset.com. Not sure if this is something that is easy to do.

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you replace them? I've got the same thing going on with mine. I ordered from CustomOffset.com. Not sure if this is something that is easy to do.
My tire dealer did it.
Sponsored