Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F350 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to bring my whole family to this event on Saturday. We had a chance to check out the Black Diamond with MGV. Both our current rigs have leather, so the wife and I were both impressed with the feel of MGV and are looking forward to it in our Badlands. We picked up my new hat at the front gate, and they mentioned not letting the kids in the vehicles. Thankfully the Ford team by the Bronco's were a bit more relaxed. We got the whole family in and everyone was very pleased on the fit for a family of 4. The event was able to help the rest of the family understand my stoke for our new vehicle and raise their own. Now we just have to try and have a little patience....
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will be able to see the MGV seats in the BD. The two in ID and heading to UT are BD and OB.

The dumb thing is that I forgot to examine the MGV when I hopped in. Got distracted by the manual trans and other stuff. I guess it's a good thing that it seemed so much like leather that I didn't even notice.
Oh, good. That was probably one of the bigger items. We've always (well, in every vehicle except one) had leather, so I really wanted to make sure we had a chance to see MGV in person.

Kind of a bummer that they are touring a black color. I mean, everyone knows what black looks like, right? I would think they would want to tour A51 everywhere. Not just because it's our first choice (and a top color pick by most owners), but it's not available to be seen on any other Ford model.

Nonetheless, we're still pretty excited to finally see one in person. As luck would have it, we were out-of-town when they came to Moab.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 IH Scout RIP, 2010 Mazdaspeed3 Zoom
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had pretty much the same experience here in NC, over all disappointed. That engine pay is going to be so annoying to wash out after mudding with all those tangles of wires everywhere, I expected more of a water/dust proof design.

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had pretty much the same experience here in NC, over all disappointed. That engine pay is going to be so annoying to wash out after mudding with all those tangles of wires everywhere, I expected more of a water/dust proof design.
Pre-production model so there's a chance they'll make some improvements in that regard. Time will tell.

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No hats at NC dealer Saturday......just a carabiner. I asked girl at sign in tent about hats and was told to go to Amazon! :ROFLMAO: I thought Ford guys were very knowledgeable and friendly.
I really liked the Broncos, but not sure I like them enough to get rid of my F150. My Bronco scheduled for build second week of June......gonna have a lot of thinking and a decision to make between now and delivery date. :unsure:

Sponsored

Deadfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350, 2007 HD Road King, 2013 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to it as well and was rather underwhelmed by the production. You had to stand in line and wait for the folks ahead to get in and out, and when we were there, there was a big line behind us so there was some pressure to not take up too much time. My gf went as well, and we were both confused why they would tour a black one instead of really any other color. However, it was good to actually see them in person and sit in them and mess around with the buttons. The MGV and leather seats were both comfortable, and the B&O stereo does sound amazing! The black steelies are pretty sharp too. We took the Jeep JL there and the size is comparable, but the Bronco feels a bit more roomy inside. I can definitely confirm that rear cupholders are only in the leather interior, not the MGV haha. I didn't get a hat because I canceled my reservation a little while ago (first day reservation.... so you're welcome for the spot bump! LOL) The pandemic kinda effed up my financial situation, so will be getting one in a couple years. Still absolutely stoked, and will still be on the forum enviously reading all the cool things y'all do with the new rides!

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went too and wasn't blown away. Got a hat but not the other swag, was in the first time slot Saturday. Felt very rushed, as soon as I touched something that thing was cleaned. Couldn't take the doors off, couldn't start the vehicle, no sasquatch/WT. Was happy there was a BD with MGV and my wife can get in and out well she's 5'6" and like the grab handle locations. Two take aways for me was that the MGV will work for me and there's a little flap on the air intake that seems to allow water to drop out of path of airflow (or its some other enginerding marvel).

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2017 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aw, man, so you're saying this is what I will be seeing on Wednesday. I was hoping one would be a Badlands. Also hoping I would see A51 paint and MGV. At least I can set my expectations low now. I'm sure they will be great to see in person, but was hoping to get some potential ordering questions/insecurities answered before my build is committed.
that's what i was thinking...low expectations

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was disappointed myself. There were no bands playing, and no buffet. I didn't get a embroidered leather jacket for free, and wasn't allowed to joy ride the Bronco. The inside isn't made for a family of six, and there are too many wires in the engine bay. I saw no genuine wood in the vehicle at all. They didn't bring every color or even every interior, the event people were friendly, but didn't know everything I wanted to know. They kept cleaning the damn thing, like there is a pandemic or something going on, very annoying.

I will still buy this piece of crap, though it is not what I want or desire. ;)

OP
OP
MTNLUV

MTNLUV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2024 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was there & they were incredibly knowledgeable telling me things I didn't even think to ask nor covered on any forum post that I've read. Curious what questions did you not get answered? By the way, you're calling those folks uneducated but you thought the Black Diamond was a Wildtrak. Hmmmm...
Yes, I was still in shock with what I saw that I made a mistake in the model.
I asked if the wiring and switch for fog lights was included when you got the modular bumper, even though it didn't have fog lights. The reply was, "I just notice this didn't have fog lights, that's odd!" (I'm hoping to be able to add fog lights and not use up one of the aux switches)
Then another ford rep told me that you can't get a hard top this year. I said yes, you can get the MIC top and the reply was, "yes you can get the MIC, but not a hard top". I didn't think they were hard questions. Maybe I was just in the wrong line.... I sat in the OBX.
I gave up at that point and took the hat home and will wait to see another one at the dealer.
Sponsored