Sponsored

If the SAS/LUX/MIC is going to push a lot of us into 2024 with no PP - what are you going to do?

Jwats96

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy, waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven't placed an order yet, wanted to see if maybe things would get better after the first year or two but it looks like it's even worse. I think I'm just going to have to pick one up off the lot somewhere, especially since I'm looking for a 2dr wildtrak lux. Don't wanna wait however many more years that's gonna take.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Reservation is from 7/21/2020

If Ford does not get mine built this year and or keep my Price Protection they will lose even more Customers. Hell I have 5 Fords here at home with the family one being a new GT500.

I have been more then Patient and understanding.

But if I get pushed to MY24 and you don't keep PP then your in the wrong ford.

909 Days and Counting

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is most likely doing many of us a favor. The new and used market is swinging back to reality. With money crunch coming for many unfortunately, you will be able to find many slightly used Broncos likely meeting what you are looking for well below price protected MSRP in the nex few months.

The recent large Tesla price reduction which also gets them into the tax credit will push down values across models a lot sooner than I had thought.
yeah thatā€™s not happening. With so few broncos on the market resell is going to be very high. And if you try to get a SAS LUX HT Bronco in the used market over the next year (if these announcements are true) expect to get royal screwed on price. Look at wrangler pre-Covid. Youā€™d be lucky to get 7k off MSRP on a 2 year old wrangler with 20,000 miles and thatā€™s with tens of thousands of them for sale lol. The Tesla argument is complete apples to oranges. The sedan EV market is completely different than the modular off-road SUV ICE vehicle market

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dont give up hope. I waited just about 2.5 years for the exact build. it was totally worth the wait

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
hereā€™s the thing - I guess if thereā€™s a rebate Iā€™d be willing to drop from Lux to high and drop the sas for my base badlands and throw better 35s and upgrade the sound system on there later.
But Iā€™m not willing to bend on the MIC top.

Thatā€™s non-negotiable for me. Living in Colorado and spending a lot of time in the mountains all 4 seasons I donā€™t want a soft top.

so if they give me some kind of credit and I can keep the MICā€¦ok. Butif they canā€™t even do that then fuck em. Iā€™ll go buy something else.
They have already said it...

Ford Bronco If the SAS/LUX/MIC is going to push a lot of us into 2024 with no PP - what are you going to do? F2C50A7D-9D7B-4221-B899-CEB7016F70F8

play ball or GTFO

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They have already said it...

Ford Bronco If the SAS/LUX/MIC is going to push a lot of us into 2024 with no PP - what are you going to do? F2C50A7D-9D7B-4221-B899-CEB7016F70F8

play ball or GTFO
Well looks like I won't be getting the $2500 voucher. I'm going option 3 (might still drop SAS). If they don't build it in 2023 (and don't change their minds on price protection for 2024) I'm done with Ford for life.

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
IMO, it would be silly to buy a current gen Tacoma at this point since I believe the new model debuts toward end of this year. I came from a '17 TRD off-road Taco and Bronco is deff way more fun to drive. Taco has more utility though, obviously. Loved both of them.

I thought I heard the 4runner was supposed to be redone in next year or so too but now it might go the way of the FJ in North America. Could be total BS but I did read Toyota is contemplating it.

At $60k+ you aren't too far off the new Sequoia and that thing is pretty badass. Just saw the first one in person the other day. No doubt a higher quality machine for your money. The Bronco's fit and finish is ok for something around the $40k... at $60k not so much. Just my .02.

Last edited:

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, I hope they honor PP especially for the guys who reserved in 2020 and placed their order each time. I've seen too many folk order way later and got theirs because they had a high volume dealer. Just wouldn't be right to screw people on their price protection because ford couldn't build the order they want.

I was a day 2 reservation and it was 100% worth the wait.

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, I hope they honor PP especially for the guys who reserved in 2020 and placed their order each time. I've seen too many folk order way later and got theirs because they had a high volume dealer. Just wouldn't be right to screw people on their price protection because ford couldn't build the order they want.

I was a day 2 reservation and it was 100% worth the wait.
Based on what was just posted no PP for next year.
Iā€™m pretty damn angry and about ready to walk just on principle.

springer

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition , 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I see two options for Ford. They can irritate and put-off those loyal Ford buyers which have waited up to two years since placing their order and being told now that they need to modify and remove options from their order to receive their Bronco, or, they can piss off potential buyers that choose to order a Bronco now but are unable to place an order until 2024 due to the current order banks being closed.

For me, the solution is simple - take care of the loyal customers who have stood by Ford and get their full orders completed whether they are 2023 vehicles or 2024. You can't make everyone happy here - but common sense tells you to go with the ones that have remained loyal to you the past couple of years. Take care of them first.

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Based on what was just posted no PP for next year.
Iā€™m pretty damn angry and about ready to walk just on principle.
Ford has said all along, no price protection past 2023.
On the other hand, Ford still has 8+ months of scheduling left for 2023.
Sponsored