Sponsored

I'm here for the rubberized flooring and marine vinyl.. thought stream inside.

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Mustang, Tacoma, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
tl;dr: It will be interesting to see what options can be added outside of core packages - it may change the trim level I'm interested in and I hope the reservation can be updated when we get new information over the next several months.

So I saw the leaks the last few months and then watched the reveal and looked at the packages online - and then I saw it: rubberized flooring and marine vinyl on some of the trims. I saw my future flash between my eyes - no longer will I spend half a day every few weeks painstakingly vacuuming dog hair out of my Tacoma's rear cloth seats and carpeted floor board. Instead, 5 minutes with some compressed air and a leaf blower and this thing will be 95% dog hair free.

However then I started looking at the trims and I was kinda like - well.. I don't need any of this stuff. I could be fine with a base trim, bigger wheels, the nicer suspension, maybe heated seats and the front parking sensors and of course the flooring and seating. But there's no real way to get all that without spending what will be close to $60K. So I'm hoping some of the options maybe the parking sensors and the suspension can be added a-la carte as opposed to in packages. Then I can spend $45K for the more basic trim and add these extras and call it good -- and my dogs will go crazy with the roof off driving down the highway, cant wait for that.
Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually ordered the WildTrak and would like to 'downgrade' to the marine seats and rubber floor! ?

I have the same dog hair problem.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep I just want the Base model 4 dr with the 7 speed and vinyl seats, washout floors, and I would like the HOSS system, Sasquatch would be great but if it doesnt come with the manual, I just need the good shocks(I know who made them), and the lockers. I cant afford a Badlands model and dont want to pay for carpet I will have to remove.

Please Ford give me some options here.

Chewcudda

Black Diamond
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia soul, mini cooper, kawasaki versys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the vinyl seats are a big selling point for me.... if that becomes and option in other trims I will probably downgrade as the trim I have has things I do not need/want and does not have things I want aesthetically.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a longtime VW owner with “leatherette” seating, I am a huge fan. The stuff is indestructible. Still looks brand new after 100k miles. Wish Ford offered the vinyl seating in some of the lower trims. :(

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've always liked the idea of a quick clean interior, and that played a huge part in me choosing the black diamond trim. Honestly I thought the other models after it would offer the vinyl too.

scrapple

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

<--- I enjoy my dark cloth seats in my jeep but the vinyl would be nice as I have two dogs...
reserved the OBX model to eventually give to my daughter who is about to turn 15... I really want 35's but the 33 standard is pretty sweet as well

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've always liked the idea of a quick clean interior, and that played a huge part in me choosing the black diamond trim. Honestly I thought the other models after it would offer the vinyl too.
Ya. It lists vinyl with black diamond and Badlands. there may be options. We have not heard anything about the towing package yet but we know it will happen because the 3500 lbs number has been released.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Dad's 87 had a cloth interior and he basically bashed the bronco to hell and back. Daily driving, South Texas Hunting, cruising on back country roads in the rain and mud.
That was one thing he and I always said, was that it would've been so much better if it had an easy wash interior instead of the cloth.

Sponsored

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I still can’t get an answer if the active floor drains are still present under floors that get carpet (Wildtrak).

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The washout capability is my primary reason for getting a Black Diamond. Much moreso than the off roading updgrades.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you haven't seen them already, here are a couple pics of the marine grade interior:
Ford Bronco I'm here for the rubberized flooring and marine vinyl.. thought stream inside. vehicle (12)
Ford Bronco I'm here for the rubberized flooring and marine vinyl.. thought stream inside. vehicle (12)

That's awesome.

I thought the white interior was the only option for marine grade. Love this.

Any idea if this material will get super hot in summer sun? Or is it somewhat breathable?

That's my only worry. Hard to have a convertible in summer sun with black, smooth, plasticky seating.

OP
OP

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Mustang, Tacoma, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ever been on a boat? they get hot in direct sunlight. shouldn't be too bad with the top on though.

kccougar

Badlands
First Name
kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Badlands Sasquatch, Z4, Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed that the rubberized floor units also come with carpeted mats. I wonder how extensive they are. I'm all for the wash-out floor. My wife will want carpet (and it will be her driver). I'm hoping for a reasonable compromise with rubberized floor and "good-enough" carpet mats for her that we can pull out when we expect things to get dirty.
Sponsored