Sponsored

In 4A strange whooshing noise and then quick clutch slipping noise.

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
So ill explain, yesterday I was traveling Sandwich Notch Road in NH, its a pretty easy road basically a dirt road. I was in 4A because I did not see any need for 4H. There was one rather steep hill that got a little loose towards the top, thats when I heard the noise, I whooshing sound almost sounded like the drivers side rear tire got punctured and then a quick bearing or clutch slipping noise for just a split second, then I crested the top of the hill. After that I put it in 4H and finished my trip, everything seems normal and functioning fine but I'm just curious, since I was under load going up the hill in 4A did I slip some type of clutch, I'm not really sire how 4A does its thing. For Tech Specs, its a Base Squatch with 2.7L, 10 spd auto.
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most likely just some good ol turbo noise as you stepped into it. Otherwise it could be some rear wheel slippage aka breaking traction.

I wouldn’t worry about it

OP
OP
Abundigas

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most likely just some good ol turbo noise as you stepped into it. Otherwise it could be some rear wheel slippage aka breaking traction.

I wouldn’t worry about it
Thank you, That's what I was hoping, It may have actually been the breaks kicking on due to some slippage.. The hill got pretty loose towards the top. It was a nice little ride for the family. not any real 4 wheeling, but nice scenery and only 10 miles long.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Probably your traction control pulling throttle, causing the bypass valve to open, then the clutch sound was the auto 4x4 clutch locking up.

OP
OP
Abundigas

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Probably your traction control pulling throttle, causing the bypass valve to open, then the clutch sound was the auto 4x4 clutch locking up.
I think that is exactly what it was. Thank you for the reply.
Sponsored