Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please understand we love the new Bronco itself. The forced interior colors by trim and gray MIC hardtop are what most people don’t like. This, along with no white top, fender flares etc. is why I will cancel my 2021 reservation. The Bronco has awesome retro styling but no retro color combos, all wheels are black or mostly black etc. My plan was Velocity Blue with white top, flares, etc. and a non black wheel - silver, aluminum, chrome, etc. I could modify post purchase, but these are things Ford should have offered from get go for all the talk of heritage etc. Did first gen Broncos have a faded looking black/gray top? I am hoping they rectify some of this for 2022, and we may be back in. Otherwise, I may go with a competitor. I already have a 4Runner TRD Pro and do like the Wrangler Rubicons...
We are able to opt to delete the accent colors correct, and make the stitching and handles black?

I’m not buying any vehicle with blue orange interior accents.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't think you can remove the trim color and stitching.

The irony. In 2017 the Raptor had an orange accent package and it was highly coveted. BUT the bronco crowd does not like orange.

Ford Bronco Interior options are ruining my decision 1604066270835

Ford Bronco Interior options are ruining my decision 1604066306693

We are able to opt to delete the accent colors correct, and make the stitching and handles black?

I’m not buying any vehicle with blue orange interior accents.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would have to see it in person but I'm not a fan of dual-tone interiors and the tan dashboard doesn't look too attractive to me:

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Totally agree, I was set on this type of 2 tone for my Cayenne thinking tan seats with an AMB type exterior (Moonlight Blue) and black in the high traffic areas...but ultimately when I saw it in person - couldn't like it enough and went all black interior.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe Ford missed their demographics on this?

My son is in the Navy. He is about to turn 22. He is a car enthusiast and spends a lot of time researching cars. His first car is the 86' Jag XJS in my profile pic. Took me 2 years to get it road worthy and gave it to him at 16. We ran into issues with heating and cooling and it was time to go. That V12 was a nightmare to work on and Lucas electrics suck. His next vehicle was a 2000 A4. He currently drives a 2014 Cadi ATS.

I sent him a text to try out the B&P and give me feedback. He loves the OBX roast interior. Doesn't feel any of the interiors are bad but doesn't actually care for a black interior. He would want the Lightning Blue but I reserved a Badlands. His next choice would be Antimatter Blue. Does not like Cyber Orange and hates the Cactus Gray. Thinks any gray/silver/black is too boring.

He was impressed with the Bronco. He thinks it should be loaded out with leather and lux package. I told him it was more of a truck/off roader than a luxury SUV but he thinks it should be both. He wouldn't be buying the higher end Bronco and I doubt many kids his age would be too. But it seems he really likes most of the interiors and really likes the blue trimmed pieces in the interior.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree. I am not sure how old everyone is here BUT I am guessing the majority are 45 and up have owned the original bronco with a white top.

Maybe Ford missed their demographics on this?

My son is in the Navy. He is about to turn 22. He is a car enthusiast and spends a lot of time researching cars. His first car is the 86' Jag XJS in my profile pic. Took me 2 years to get it road worthy and gave it to him at 16. We ran into issues with heating and cooling and it was time to go. That V12 was a nightmare to work on and Lucas electrics suck. His next vehicle was a 2000 A4. He currently drives a 2014 Cadi ATS.

I sent him a text to try out the B&P and give me feedback. He loves the OBX roast interior. Doesn't feel any of the interiors are bad but doesn't actually care for a black interior. He would want the Lightning Blue but I reserved a Badlands. His next choice would be Antimatter Blue. Does not like Cyber Orange and hates the Cactus Gray. Thinks any gray/silver/black is too boring.

He was impressed with the Bronco. He thinks it should be loaded out with leather and lux package. I told him it was more of a truck/off roader than a luxury SUV but he thinks it should be both. He wouldn't be buying the higher end Bronco and I doubt many kids his age would be too. But it seems he really likes most of the interiors and really likes the blue trimmed pieces in the interior.

Reactions: RG7

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know what to make of all this angst about colors. My process has always been:
  1. Select the options, considering the price of those options.
  2. Pick my favorite color from what was available to match step 1.
IMHO, capability, options, and price all trump color.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Colors are at the very bottom of my priority list no matter what type of vehicle it is. Getting the proper equipment is A#1. Then I look into the comfort/tech options for the trims that offer that equipment. At that point I have options for paint and may have one or two choices for the interior on the trim I've settled on. I can not even conceive switching trims just to avoid a color. Even if I hated the orange, which I don't, the Badlands has all the hardware to do the things I want and need it to do. The Black Diamond would be second for me if I had to give up disco and the High package for financial considerations.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was excited to spend $60k on a Race Red Badlands but not if I am forced to have Yellow accents and a non matching grey top. Ford is really screwing this up.

Sponsored

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm in the same situation, so much that I cancelled my MY2021 reservation and went with the MY2022 deal w/ Granger.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I agree, I don’t mind the two tone, I just don’t understand the color scheme. Why wasn’t It like a gray leather with black accents on the sides? Something very neutral. Without seeing the blue leather it’s hard to say if I’d like it or not. Normally I’d never go for blue anything and I definitely don’t LOVE it but I don’t think it’s as bad as some are making it out to be
The only thing that makes it "feel" so bad is the take it or leave it of 1 color choice. I agree that it's not bad - but for a 60k vehicle "I don't hate " isn't exactly great - on my 90k cayenne it was aa much easier - nope I'm out where's the all black one.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only thing that makes it "feel" so bad is the take it or leave it of 1 color choice. I agree that it's not bad - but for a 60k vehicle "I don't hate " isn't exactly great - on my 90k cayenne it was aa much easier - nope I'm out where's the all black one.
Oh I 100% agree with you! The FE people got hosed or are you talking a loaded OB? Either way it’s crap.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford should have gone with a mgv dashboard top instead of the anodized metal.
It would still stand up to the weather plus it would give a soft touch.

OP
OP
GeneralBoisvert

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think you can remove the trim color and stitching.

The irony. In 2017 the Raptor had an orange accent package and it was highly coveted. BUT the bronco crowd does not like orange.

It was.. optional.

I'd not go with that Orange interior if my exterior is Yellow or Red for example.
Sponsored