First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My point is the Raptor Orange accent was extra and peeps paid for it. In the Bronco, it is free and no one wants it.

BTW .. the orange trim in the bronco can't be swapped out.

It was.. optional.

I'd not go with that Orange interior if my exterior is Yellow or Red for example.

Last edited:

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reserved a OBX since that was the 1st trim that offered all the options such as Mid/High/Lux . I'm not a big fan of that metalized look of the dash though or the velocity blue trim on the handles since I'll be getting Area 51 . Dark MGV is ok with me on the Badlands but that Orange trim with Area 51 ? Nope . The Wildtrak looks great with matching Area 51 trim on the inside but the interior choices , Yuck ! I'm going to get my Bronco but not my ideal Bronco it would seem :(
The orange trim with Area 51 is dope.

cody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I posted my thought at the end of another thread, but maybe it'll help to restate here.

It seems to me a simple solution for Ford would be to extend the Black Diamond MGV interior across the lineup:

FE:
+ An alternative to Navy Pier is desperately needed. I would keep the power seats as it was non-washout anyway. Even manual seats, just make it an option with that knowledge.
+ Because the BD interior already exists for 2021, making ~0-7000 more for FE seems easily achievable by June.
+ It would go great with Lighting Blue, among the other FE options.

BL:
+ The BD is a grey/black Blue-stitching/accent option for those that don't care for the Orange-stitching/accents in BL. (Personally, I like the orange).
~ Assuming a 1/3rd take rate ... might need 10-20k more sets for BL (a bit more daunting than just for FE, but still seems achievable).
+ Might only need to switch out the seats, and not even the instrument panels (not sure yet how different the top panel colors are).
- I suppose this ruins the crazy orange-accent-goes-with-badlands-idea, though most of the other accents are some shade of blue anyway.

OBX & WT:
+ If possible, extend BD MGV to these too.
+ The Roast option looks fairly good to me on the OBX fishing rig (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...photos-from-ford-employee-roundup-event.4192/), and I don't find the sandstone in WT to be too bad either (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...p-updated-with-hood-decal-interior-pics.7590/).
~ Except for the WT decals, and maybe 1-2 other things I'm forgetting, it seems like an OBX can be mostly optioned up to WT, maybe this gives those interested in WT at least three leather-trimmed options.

Granted, we have not really seen good images/videos of Black Diamond or Navy Pier, but it doesn't hurt to get a head start!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My point is the Raptor Orange accent was extra and peeps paid for it. In the Bronco, it is free and no one wants it.

BTW .. the orange trim in the bronco can be swapped out.
Stitching will be a lot harder to swap out unless some Black Diamond buyer really likes orange.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I actually like the orange stitching.

If you step back .. one thing is obvious. In life we want things we can't have and the things we can have, we don't want

Stitching will be a lot harder to swap out unless some Black Diamond buyer really likes orange.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually like the orange stitching.

If you step back .. one thing is obvious. In life we want things we can't have and the things we can have, we don't want
Once you have something can you want it? To want something is to not have it.

*I just think they should have locked out certain colors or given a white or "Space Gray" option. Race Red with School Bus stitching causes an involuntary gag reflex.

Stompr

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to see these interiors in real life. That BN video is so poor you can’t tell what it will really looks like. I agree the color choices are way too limited. But I don’t think they look as bad as that video depicts them. Example, look at the swath of dark space grey on the base or big bend, then look at it on the seats, two different colors. Which one is accurate? And I’m having a hard time believing that outer banks interior clashes with itself as bad as the video depicts.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am still amazed that Ford is forcing us all to chose what model we have to buy by the least hideous interior choices as opposed to performance packages and what we really want, this is insanity!!!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
On the Raptor Ford would lock out certain exterior colors when they had a special interrior accent color that would clash.

Imagine if they did the same for the Bronco. It would create even more angst.

You can't win with the Bronco crowd

Once you have something can you want it? To want something is to not have it.

*I just think they should have locked out certain colors or given a white or "Space Gray" option. Race Red with School Bus stitching causes an involuntary gag reflex.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I bet in real life, they would look much better. The issue is that 99.9% have not seen the interior colors in real life.

I would like to see these interiors in real life. That BN video is so poor you can’t tell what it will really looks like. I agree the color choices are way too limited. But I don’t think they look as bad as that video depicts them. Example, look at the swath of dark space grey on the base or big bend, then look at it on the seats, two different colors. Which one is accurate? And I’m having a hard time believing that outer banks interior clashes with itself as bad as the video depicts.

Shabakuza

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 STi // 2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The default WT interior is nasty but I fortunately like the leather trimmed upgrade so I’m doing that. Camo interior is ghetto AF. I actually REALLY love the FE interior but only one option sucks and that interior only makes sense on Velocity blue or CG.

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe Ford missed their demographics on this?

My son is in the Navy. He is about to turn 22. He is a car enthusiast and spends a lot of time researching cars. His first car is the 86' Jag XJS in my profile pic. Took me 2 years to get it road worthy and gave it to him at 16. We ran into issues with heating and cooling and it was time to go. That V12 was a nightmare to work on and Lucas electrics suck. His next vehicle was a 2000 A4. He currently drives a 2014 Cadi ATS.

I sent him a text to try out the B&P and give me feedback. He loves the OBX roast interior. Doesn't feel any of the interiors are bad but doesn't actually care for a black interior. He would want the Lightning Blue but I reserved a Badlands. His next choice would be Antimatter Blue. Does not like Cyber Orange and hates the Cactus Gray. Thinks any gray/silver/black is too boring.

He was impressed with the Bronco. He thinks it should be loaded out with leather and lux package. I told him it was more of a truck/off roader than a luxury SUV but he thinks it should be both. He wouldn't be buying the higher end Bronco and I doubt many kids his age would be too. But it seems he really likes most of the interiors and really likes the blue trimmed pieces in the interior.
Could be the case. I’m at the top end of the “millennial” age, and I certainly don’t share a lot of the feelings that are expressed about the interiors (and exterior colors) on here. I also don’t get the obsession with matching the interior trim colors to the exterior (which doesn’t seem to be common on any vehicle). I also want the 12” screen, safety (uh, “nanny”), and other modern tech features that should be (almost standard) on a 2021/22 vehicle.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Wildtrak Standstone/Black interior looks like a show stopper compared to the Navy Pier interior in the FE. At the end of the day I can live with Sandstone/Black, but I refuse to buy a $60k vehicle with Navy Pier interior. I've thrown the towel in on the Ford is listening BS. Sad to say I won't be buying my dream FE Bronco. Second choice Wildtrak will be sitting in my garage in 2021.
Really hoping they do something with the interior choices and accent trim. It's either I settle for an interior I want or an exterior I want, but unfortunately not both!
Sponsored