Sponsored

Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available?

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My 94 ranger has been running on a wing and a prayer the last 5 years. Wouldn't mind a new one. Ford actually allows for a decent amount of customization on these

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 11.01.29 AM.png
Sponsored

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anybody else's car starts acting up when it knows you're looking to replace it? It's all like, "Oh hell nah, you're trying to get rid of me? Think you can do better than me? You're gonna learn to appreciate me!"

I think I'm gonna be stranded on Tuesday when I put down the $100 deposit.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody else's car starts acting up when it knows you're looking to replace it? It's all like, "Oh hell nah, you're trying to get rid of me? Think you can do better than me? You're gonna learn to appreciate me!"

I've had my F-250 break down out of the blue in the Ford parking lot when I went to look at mustangs. She just didn't understand I wasn't replacing her, but looking for a stablemate.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Mercury Mariner has 272K on the ODO. Unless I have major engine / transmission failure, I can keep her running for a long time. I have already replaced the rocker panels.

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Exactly. My JGC threw me a CEL last week then this when I started up today

IMG_20200707_130609.jpg

Sponsored

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly. My JGC threw me a CEL last week then this when I started up today

Ford Bronco Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available? IMG_20200707_130609
That photo makes me apoplectic.

Seriously, the whole software in a car issue is out of control.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm waiting until there is more info on the next generation Ranger, due fall 2022 as a 2023. I'm getting older now and it's time to haul my ADV bike to places rather than ride ~2000mi round trip, and then ride trails. Now I'm weighing the pros and cons of trailering vs pickup. a lightweight MC trailer costs about the same as a good ride on/ride off ramp system for a pickup, so we'll see. My '09 Mariner has only 113k and is in excellent shape. We bought it new soon after Mrs Motorpsychology started working from home, and it sits in the garage most of the time, and it is the vehicle we both like the best. The '18 Escape is rougher riding and smaller inside than the Merc, and it has the soft 1.5L EcoBoost that is prone to coolant leaking into cylinder #2 or #3. Ford has been good about replacing the engines under warranty, but I don't trust the car. I'm retired so it doesn't get many miles either: 20k so far.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm waiting until there is more info on the next generation Ranger, due fall 2022 as a 2023. I'm getting older now and it's time to haul my ADV bike to places rather than ride ~2000mi round trip, and then ride trails. Now I'm weighing the pros and cons of trailering vs pickup. a lightweight MC trailer costs about the same as a good ride on/ride off ramp system for a pickup, so we'll see. My '09 Mariner has only 113k and is in excellent shape. We bought it new soon after Mrs Motorpsychology started working from home, and it sits in the garage most of the time, and it is the vehicle we both like the best. The '18 Escape is rougher riding and smaller inside than the Merc, and it has the soft 1.5L EcoBoost that is prone to coolant leaking into cylinder #2 or #3. Ford has been good about replacing the engines under warranty, but I don't trust the car. I'm retired so it doesn't get many miles either: 20k so far.
What engine do you have in the Mariner? Our is a 2005 and has been excellent.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, well I guess since I am a retired officer (Navy), old habits die hard. LOL. No, the Bronco is NOT mine unfortunately. I am poor compared to people on this board.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice one. Good thing I retired as a COMMANDER. Sounds better anyway. LOL

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have two 2008 Fords.

My Ranger has ~130,000km on it but it spent a decade being a work truck near the ocean. There's very little metal left. The engine is running strong but the rest of the truck is basically rust.

My wife's Escape has a bit of rust but is reaching 270,000km. It's had a tough life. It's a 4 cylinder that we tow our camper with. It does it...but doesn't like it.

We're just praying hers doesn't blow up and mine doesn't fall apart.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not so much hoping my car lasts, more so hoping I can find the right Bronco when I need to. My lease is up in November of 21
Sponsored