Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want all the cool stuff too! However, a Base 4DR is all I really need. I want it for top off and doors off driving/exploring. Basic 4WD for the winters and easy trails with G.O.A.T. modes and traction control should be more than enough for me. The only real draw to go up to a Big Bend is the taller tires and mid package and I'd also get the 4.27 locker.
Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think for Arizona (hell most anywhere really), it is a great rig! When folks say "serious" off roading, they are referring to things beyond what you describe. If I lived in Arizona right now, I would go base without hesitation, because I think base is just made for it.

I decided this morning to screw all my builds and get the base with Modular bumper and Auxiliary switches and Auto. Debating Squatch or not, but that has nothing to do with what I need, and more about looks. Like one of my favorite quotes that I am paraphrasing from here was............I have a little dick so I need big tires. It may be true, but maybe I shouldn't advertise it. :ROFLMAO:

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. I want a manual base with maybe the squatch package.

In 2012, when I bought my JK, I just wanted a base Jeep that I could build up. It was manual with the only options being A/C and the UConnect connectivity package. No power windows, power door locks or power mirrors. Over the next 6 years, I made it my own.

That being said, the 2 things I wish I would of got from the factory were better tires and at least a limited slip differential.

I did end up putting wheels and tires on it. I found a 15" alloy wheel that would clear the brakes and installed 33x12.5x15 Goodyear DuraTracs. Those made a HUGE difference. I did eventually buy Detroit TruTracs and 4.56 gears for the front and rear diff but never installed them before I had to sell the Jeep.

I might end up with a true base Bronco if Ford keeps dicking with the pricing. It sucks that you have to go up to the Black Diamond trim to get a rear locker. There is no option for the base outside of the Sasquatch.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of my Arizona wheeling (dunes, some trails) was done on two open diffs and 31's or 33's , depnding on the rig.
Only issue I had was the heavy ass K5 Blazer on 31's sinking in mud that my buddy's 73 Bronco on 33's floated right through.

I later got my 69 Bronco and it had 33's.
I wheeled it down there and up here around the Great Lakes, only issue was stalling the motor while blasting through big puddle, lol.

Otherwise, you'd be amazed where regular 4wd (open diffs) and 33's can take you.

My experience would say to jump up to 33's, air them down for the floatation on the sand, helps with the wheel hopping too, if that will be an issue on these rigs.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sucks that you have to go up to the Black Diamond trim to get a rear locker. There is no option for the base outside of the Sasquatch.

Big Bend has the option, which effectively makes it a $5380 option (2door)....might as well Squatch a Base at that point.
approx:
base Base = 29995
BB + locker = 35375

Last edited:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want all the cool stuff too! However, a Base 4DR is all I really need. I want it for top off and doors off driving/exploring. Basic 4WD for the winters and easy trails with G.O.A.T. modes and traction control should be more than enough for me. The only real draw to go up to a Big Bend is the taller tires and mid package and I'd also get the 4.27 locker.
You just descirbed my (me = cheapass) 4 door build ....since the revised pricing, the difference between base and BB 4doors is (iirc) $1200 .... BB having a manual still whereas they stick you with the auto on the Base ....not sure why.

The jump up to BB from Base on 2doors is still around $5k ....

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

............I have a little dick so I need big tires. It may be true, but maybe I shouldn't advertise it. :ROFLMAO:
LOL, it's not the size that matters .....as much as the rest of the driveline that interests me.

uhhh, i mean the Bronco driveline, not....nevermind...

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Big Bend has the option, which effectively makes it a $5380 option (2door)....might as well Squatch a Base at that point.
approx:
base Base = 29995
BB + locker = 35375
Oh wow, I missed that. With how the B&P is today, a BB + locker comes out to like $2k less that a squatched base. Of course with the manual transmission not available on the squatch right now, the pricing is all messed up.

Still, that is an interesting thought ?

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh wow, I missed that. With how the B&P is today, a BB + locker comes out to like $2k less that a squatched base. Of course with the manual transmission not available on the squatch right now, the pricing is all messed up.

Still, that is an interesting thought ?
Base, 2.7 auto, squatch = $39,275
BB, 2.7 auto, 4.27 rear locker = $39,165

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hmmm...

Base 2 door 2.3L + squatch = $37,380
BB 2 door 2.3L manual + rear locker = $35,375

It will be interesting to see how the price changes when you aren't forced to the auto when adding the squatch package to the base.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmmm...

Base 2 door 2.3L + squatch = $37,380
BB 2 door 2.3L manual + rear locker = $35,375

It will be interesting to see how the price changes when you aren't forced to the auto when adding the squatch package to the base.
Nothing. The automatic was included with the Squatch. Now that they are offering Mansquatch, they did not lower the price, they just make you buy it separately...

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Nothing. The automatic was included with the Squatch. Now that they are offering Mansquatch, they did not lower the price, they just make you buy it separately...
Currently not even offering Masquatch in MY21. MY22 only and B&P is only for MY21.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can have a ton of fun in a Base no doubt about it. Build as you go.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’d like to take some forest service roads, drive in snow once in a while and kind of generally explore Arizona where I live.
I feel just about everyone will be pleasantly surprised how capable this will be even in the bone stockiest of trim levels.