Sponsored

Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available?

JonD79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am not to worried. I currently have a 2021 Tacoma. I changed my mind a lot buying cars. This will be my 3rd in 3 years
Sponsored

Dad23Fords

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My current production week is 2/7. I drive a 2007 Lexus my wife and I bought new for her to drive. I donā€™t drive much so I probably filled the gas tank for the last time this past Friday. It was a little sad. Weā€™ve had that Lexus longer than our teenage boy, two younger girls, and two dogs.

Of course, I said ā€œthis is the last timeā€ the last time I filled it, but that was way back when I was still in the 1/31 production week group. šŸ™‚

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not really worried at all. Daily a 96 Town Car for the past year. Honestly more worried the bronco wonā€™t be as reliableā€¦..

Ford Bronco Is anybody else praying their current vehicle lasts long enough for the Bronco to be available? A24DA692-C018-405A-A340-970B04F6B59C

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm still driving the Edge from when I made this post. :mad:

I'm about to hit 255,000 miles.
Do you have a build date or any update? Whatā€™s your build?

Sponsored

RobL2112

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2013 F-150 with only 91000 miles on it and I have had just about every TSB item occur... yesterday while pulling out of a parking lot I heard a clunk followed by the wrench icon then speedometer no longer showing speed and the mileage indicator showing all dashes... Uncle Google it when I get home and a TSB out there for this as well... Cycling the engine restored function, hopefully it is a one off or some sensor caked with road salt that freaked the computer out but I doubt it... I really don't want to put any more money into it, but with no build date yet, and if this happens again, I guess I'll be putting more money into it!

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I sold my LR3 and now we are basically a 1 car family, so sooner or later I will have to brave the cold garage a get my Disco II back on the road, it's in the middle of doing the head gaskets. If it were warmer I could take the motorcycle but that's not quite a thing yet.

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2007 Nissan Xterra here with just under 200K.
Had coolant leak into the tranny. Fixed that, but now the transmission has bad metal flaking, exhaust leaks, a sticking throttle body, a major power steering leak, and no bronco in sight.

Mer1in20

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Im actually selling my 2020 silverado. The market is hot right now and i have about 12k in equity on it. All going towards the bronco. Ill just drive around in my mustang until i get my bronco.

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My F150 is fine, problem is I sold it to my buddy last Sunday and I'm supposed to hand it over to him next weekend. Guess I'm driving the wife around in her car if my Bronco doesn't get delivered on the 8th šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am currently driving a 2008 Ford Edge that we bought new for my wife. It has 219,000 miles and is, as far as I can tell from searching online, suffering from an inevitable transmission speed sensor malfunction.

It still gets me from A to B but is increasingly having difficulty deciding on what gear it should be in. While reading up on the issue I saw that some people had total failure very early in the life of the car so I guess I'm lucky. It also appears to be a seven or eight hundred dollar repair.

So as I said, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it survives untill after the Bronco is available.

Right there with you. Have a 2014 BMW that's at 72k miles - right now mechanically fine, but we all know beemers don't like things the closer you get to 100k and beyond and things get rudely expensive to fix. I'm hoping that the Bronco shows up in the next 6-8 months and I can get a semi-decent price for the BMW. It's a waiting game.

denglish

Outer Banks
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm driving a 2008 Prius, closing in on 280,000 miles. (Yeah, I'll be transitioning from gas-miser to gas-swiller if my Outer Banks Bronco Sasquatch with the big engine ever arrives.) The Prius has been a great car, but I'm worried about the health of the big regenerative battery. It's been acting kind of funky this winter, although the car has generally seemed to dislike cold weather as it has gotten older. That's kind of like a human being, I suppose. Assuming that the Prius is still hanging in there by the time that the Bronco shows up, I'll probably keep it around as a extra ride for emergencies and such.

Hiwater123

Badlands
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, stang 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2010 F150 380,000 miles
2012 Mustang 5.0 350,000 miles

My son plays hockey in the south, so there's a lot of driving involved, lol.

Thankfully @DealerInsider has a lease deal with a guaranteed buyback when your bronco comes in. I'm 48th on his list out of 300+. He thinks he will get +-75, but I ordered every constraint there is... so...

MJedi209

Black Diamond
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopars
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Before my Bronco came in, my Durango was on its last leg. Since my initial reservation, I spent almost 2k on everything from water and coolant pumps, new belt, oil leaks etc. Still had a bad Hemi tick, which is one of several things notorious about that engine. Received my built email and was just hoping the exhaust leak wouldn't get worse. I love Hemi's to death but I've had shaved manifold bolts on 2 out of the 3 I've owned.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m praying that the Bronco is gonna be reliable!
And Iā€™m not gonna regret selling my Nissan frontier in my wifeā€™s Toyota Sequoia!
Sponsored