Sponsored

Is Bronco Ecoboost Calibration Kit for 2.7L only?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Okay, well I won’t be using 87. I don’t put premium in a car that requires unleaded because that’s a waste. But when the recommendation is premium, I follow the recommendation. It’s recommended for a reason, it’s not just because Ford wants you to pay more for gas.

But whatever I’m done here now lol, what an idiotic discussion. I just assumed people used what the manual recommended, not the bare minimum.
Ford Bronco Is Bronco Ecoboost Calibration Kit for 2.7L only? tenor[1]

Ford Bronco Is Bronco Ecoboost Calibration Kit for 2.7L only? aOo98Czl4ai_5QkujfTTsIZRgcl6aSQU3B2L922g0TI[1]
Sponsored

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The argument of 87 vs Premium is similar to this:

Goldfish, Pringles, and gummy bears vs A high protein diet consisting of whole foods that aren't processed, cooked, and topped with unhealthy fats, excess salt, and sugars

IYKYK

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm gonna go against the grain and say I wouldn't be surprised if this calibration is for the 2.3 only. It will be identical to the Ranger tune. There has never been a Ford Performance tune for the 2.7/3.0 Ecoboost in any application.

I do hope I am wrong, though.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, doesn't void warranty. it's made and approved by Ford. If Bronco tune yields equivalent to their Ford Ranger option, it would nudge HP from 270 to 315HP and 380 lb-ft torque. (almost equivalent to the 2.7L specs but half the price/)

Here's the official specs from Ford on the Ranger Performance Tune option.

Ford Performance calibration for 2019-2020 Ranger EcoBoost. The Ford Performance engineered performance calibration is a 50 state legal calibration for your 2019-2020 Ford Ranger that increases power and improves drive-ability throughout the rpm range.
  • 50 state legal - C.A.R.B. EO#: D-752-12
  • Ford Performance engineered and dyno tested
  • Improved drive-ability and throttle response throughout RPM range
  • Optimized shift schedule
  • Horsepower gain: 45 HP @ 4,500 RPM
  • Torque gain: 60 lb/ft @ 2,500 RPM
  • For U.S. and Canadian vehicles
  • Comes with Ford Performance 3yr/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician
I thought the new catalog stated it was for 2.3 ONLY. Didn’t see one for 2.7

Now I’m considering switching to 2.3 + tune to avoid later than desired delivery...no VIN assigned yet...

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'll still get your 100K miles out of the Bronco running 87 RON the entire way.
for that TURBO BOOST! you won't feel.

In stock form these vehicles will be perfectly fine with 87. I wouldn't run Costco/Walmart/Arco gas in my car (ever, and at any RON), but i'll run 87 all day long.
Anecdotal evidence: “ evidence in the form of stories that people tell about what has happened to them. His conclusions are not supported by data; they are based only on anecdotal evidence.”

Ford Bronco Is Bronco Ecoboost Calibration Kit for 2.7L only? 1618509553773

Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They need to have it for the 2.7L as those people are the ones spending more looking for performance.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MY anecdotal evidence: I have had tunes placed on 3 LS-powered Chevy trucks and my SAAB/GM 9-7x Aero (400+ hp LS2 Corvette 6.0). I will be getting the Ford Performance Tune as soon as possible. In EVERY case, the tuner asked what octane I preferred to use and at what altitude was our baseline location (5000 ft). There are many factors that determine a great tune. 87 at sea level is a whole different thing from 87 at 10,000 ft. The computer still has to perform its basic required job, tune or not.

heavyD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X3M Competition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is going back years but when I installed the FRPP tune into my Focus ST I believe you registered with Ford Racing and any failures related to the tune would be covered by Ford Racing and not covered by the new vehicle warranty.

BroncoFever2

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Is Bronco Ecoboost Calibration Kit for 2.7L only? 1618509553773

Noticed the most recent catalog update shows Ford Performance now has Bronco tune SKU. (Part #: M-9603-B27) Since the Ranger Ecoboost SKU is M-9603-REB" (Presumably short for "Ranger Eco Boost") Maybe I'm reading too much into the SKU choice but at face value it makes me wonder if "M-9603-B27" means this is for the "Bronco 2.7L" only?

I've been hoping the performance tune for a Manual 2.3L would be available. (I'm a 2.3L Manual Black Diamond 4 Door Carb. Gray with a July 30 reservation date.). I've got a lot of kids so I'm trying to get the most yield for the least $... that is while still preserving ability to spray out the inevitable 2" deep layers of goldfish crackers, Pringles, gummy bears, etc. that will inevitably accumulate.

Anyone able to shed light on this?
Ford Bronco To Gain Horsepower, Torque Via Upcoming Power Packs (fordauthority.com)
Sponsored