Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So here is a question for everyone......Is the Bronco your only vehicle? With the report of failures and issues, does anyone NOT trust the Bronco as an only vehicle? I'm thinking of trading in my current vehicle which is low mileage and only a few years old, but hesitant because of fear of getting left on the side of the road with a six year old because of reliability issues.
Sponsored

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I mean, I'm really not concerned at all about that, it didn't enter into my choice of engine. I fully expect this to be as reliable as any other engine, a few issues for some, but that's really any vehicle out there.

The exception would be if you are also planning to hardcore wheel this, then you should account for breakages. I figure that's a given for anyone who hits the trails though.

Wraithracing

Outer Banks
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco is our newest vehicle, but not our only. I do have some minor concerns about the 2.7 issues, but so far mine has been great. I know it's a different engine than the older 2.7, but we have that in my wife's 2019 Nautilus and it has been a great engine, so the choice was easy when I placed my order. Fingers crossed there are no issues with mine, but if there are we will deal with it.

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Like what was said above, unless your using it as your trail rider too, or your counting on it for economy, it should work for you just fine. I have the need for a truck also, so I'll always have a ranger as well and will balance my driving between the two.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you live life in fear or live life of faith? Baddest Ass Vehicle ever😎
I am a helicopter pilot, so by nature I live with the idea that something mechanical is going to fail on me and leave me stranded. The question is….Is the probability higher than what I have right now. F150 with 5.0L, no issues, still under 50k miles on it.

I do not live in fear, but live in probabilities of risk…..Is the juice worth the squeeze. If the probability of having a catastrophic failure of the 2.7 is higher than my 5.0 and the ability to get it fixed afterwards is an issue with long delays, then I wait for my base model and keep my truck. If it is less likely to have issues, then I trade my truck for a higher trim that is available.

The hesitation comes from reliability issues such as engines failing, electrical gremlins, etc….Of course you never hear the good on these forums, only the bad….So it is hard to wade thru these waters sometimes….

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like what was said above, unless your using it as your trail rider too, or your counting on it for economy, it should work for you just fine. I have the need for a truck also, so I'll always have a ranger as well and will balance my driving between the two.
Having a second vehicle really takes your situation out of this equation though. If I could keep my F150 and have a higher trim Bronco that is currently available, I would have no issues and would not have proposed the question.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Having a second vehicle really takes your situation out of this equation though. If I could keep my F150 and have a higher trim Bronco that is currently available, I would have no issues and would not have proposed the question.
I was just saying what I needed to do for my particular situation.

However I also said if you weren't also using it as a crawler or counting on economy, you should be okay using it as everyday vehicle. People have done this with Jeeps for years and it's an inferiorly driving vehicle.

You should be fine!!!

Last edited:

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They've sold 10s of thousands of the things and we have like 33 documented failures on the 2.7... do people actually worry about this?
I feel pretty confident that the people who live in fear of the 2.7 breaking down also wear a mask in their car when driving alone. It is quite possible they are also wearing a condom too :).

Sponsored

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am a helicopter pilot, so by nature I live with the idea that something mechanical is going to fail on me and leave me stranded. The question is….Is the probability higher than what I have right now. F150 with 5.0L, no issues, still under 50k miles on it.

I do not live in fear, but live in probabilities of risk…..Is the juice worth the squeeze. If the probability of having a catastrophic failure of the 2.7 is higher than my 5.0 and the ability to get it fixed afterwards is an issue with long delays, then I wait for my base model and keep my truck. If it is less likely to have issues, then I trade my truck for a higher trim that is available.

The hesitation comes from reliability issues such as engines failing, electrical gremlins, etc….Of course you never hear the good on these forums, only the bad….So it is hard to wade thru these waters sometimes….
Nice response and like you I wanted the general opinions and started a thread with polling😁
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...nco-knowing-about-the-2-7-motor-issues.33368/

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine's going to be my daily driver. Minimal concerns.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Top 10 manufacturers – most reliable engines
ManufacturerFailure Rate