Sponsored

Is Bronco Ecoboost Calibration Kit for 2.7L only?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$825.00 for the Ranger tune. They throw in the air filter so you feel like you are getting something.

Looks like the aftermarket will be more like $250-500.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want this day 1... Adding this to the batch of DIOs I'm considering.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You get a fancy sticker

PXL_20210415_162548323.jpg

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Premium is recommended, that’s what you should use. If you want to be cheap, be my guest. All performance and MPG standards are set with premium fuel. You will get lower power output and worse gas mileage. Your Bronco so I don’t care what you do with it.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...gas-87-octane-and-premium-gas-92-octane.1208/
Your argument though was that we HAVE to run premium which we do not. Will the car run on 87 octane without issue, yes or no? the answer is yes. Will the car not have as much power or mpg? The answer is yes.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone able to shed light on this?
If you want a preview, you can look at the supplier's site. The Ford variant will likely have a more conservative tune, but it is essentially the same.

Both engines and trans supported. No word yet on supported tire/diff sizes. You can choose desired octane on the supplier version (unknown for Ford version). The supplier version will be cheaper, but won't have the same warranty.

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631165

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just remember, with these tunes you're supposed to run premium fuel IOT get the full benefits of the tune and promote longevity.
Ford Bronco Is Bronco Ecoboost Calibration Kit for 2.7L only? 200[1]

We have to run premium fuel anyways
Definitely no, this is a false statement. You are in no way required to run premium.

This is kind of like one of those instances where your teacher says you have to do a minimum 5 page essay but 7+ is recommended. Everyone in the class knows that means she wants you to do 7+ pages but there’s always that one guy that does 5 pages, double spaced, with the largest font he can. He also gets a D. If you want to drive your 50K car with the minimum spec gas and have lower power, that’s your prerogative.
I like your analogy, its clever and fun! Ultimately flawed, but a good analogy is always key.

May I give it a go using the cool movie-preview-guy voice?

"The year is 2021, not 1998.

Your car has a functioning MOEMS sensor to detect fuel grade condition and composition (Micro OptoElectroMechanical Sensor). It's often mistaken for a RON sensor, but it's so much more!

Your car has the technology, your car has the power, and like the million dollar man, it's got a robo-wiener, but without the wiener.....

The ECU has been mapped and tuned from the factory to run safely on each readily available RON in the country of sale.

Now YOU HAVE THE POWER, you can drive your Bronco on 87 RON without risk of mechanical failure, ping, knock or uncontrolled explosion!"

How did I do? I love the movie preview guy voice, and I also love having a more accurate analogy! You'll still get your 100K miles out of the Bronco running 87 RON the entire way. Oh noes, you were down a few WHP from the dyno. Why were you on the mall's dyno in the first place?

200[1].gif

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your argument though was that we HAVE to run premium which we do not. Will the car run on 87 octane without issue, yes or no? the answer is yes. Will the car not have as much power or mpg? The answer is yes.
I will rephrase: We have to run premium fuel anyways if we want peak performance and MPG. If you want to be cheap and have an under performing 50K vehicle, that’s your choice.

I hope I didn’t cause any irreparable damage to anyone’s feelings, my apologies if I did.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
200[1].gif

Definitely no, this is a false statement. You are in no way required to run premium.

I like your analogy, its clever and fun! Ultimately incorrect, but a good analogy is always key.

May I give it a go using the cool movie-preview-guy voice?

"The year is 2021, not 1998.

Your car has a functioning MOEMS sensor to detect fuel grade condition and composition (Micro OptoElectroMechanical Sensor). It's often mistaken for a RON sensor, but it's so much more!

Your car has the technology, your car has the power, and like the million dollar man, it's got a robo-wiener, but without the wiener.....

The ECU has been mapped and tuned from the factory to run safely on each readily available RON in the country of sale.

Now YOU HAVE THE POWER, you can drive your Bronco on 87 RON without risk of mechanical failure, ping, knock or uncontrolled explosion!"

How did I do? I love the movie preview guy voice, and I also love having a more accurate analogy!
I’ll assume you’ll be running 87?

I’ll leave this for you too:

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...gas-87-octane-and-premium-gas-92-octane.1208/

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

the fuel trim / timing strategy's in the newer Fords is pretty darn good, yes running 87 would prolly not be an issue on the factory performance tune, but I tend to go with if the OEM warranty is tied to it, you should prolly follow the minimum stated requirement if there is one, no need to give Ford more ammo on a claim. Other than that, i will say running 87 vs 92 in my 3.5 makes a pretty darn good difference and I only run 93 in my mustang, but thats a different story.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ll assume you’ll be running 87?

I’ll leave this for you too:

FYI: I'm in that thread.

And yes, when daily driving i'll run 87 RON. If I was gearing up for a weekend adventure off roading, i'd slap some 91 in there and let the MOEMS figure it out for that TURBO BOOST! you won't feel.

Ford Bronco Is Bronco Ecoboost Calibration Kit for 2.7L only? tenor[1]

Full disclosure: I was blending E85 by the tank in my track Evo for quite a while, I get the difference in power based on the energy potential of the fuel. Full explosives science kit in the trunk at all times, 8 mpg and over 500 all-wheel hp at the ground.

In stock form these vehicles will be perfectly fine with 87. I wouldn't run Costco/Walmart/Arco gas in my car (ever, and at any RON), but i'll run 87 all day long.

tenor[1].gif

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

n00b question. Is this for Manual Transmissions as well? Noticed it mentioned:
  • Optimized shift schedule
So I figured this may just be for Automatic Transmissions...
the included electrodes install into the driver's seat to 'prod' the driver for the 'optimized shift schedule'

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI: I'm in that thread.

And yes, when daily driving i'll run 87 RON. If I was gearing up for a weekend adventure off roading, i'd slap some 91 in there and let the MOEMS figure it out for that TURBO BOOST! you won't feel.

tenor[1].gif

Full disclosure: I was blending E85 by the tank in my track Evo for quite a while, I get the difference in power based on the energy potential of the fuel. Full explosives science kit in the trunk at all times, 8 mpg and over 500 all-wheel hp at the ground.

In stock form these vehicles will be perfectly fine with 87. I wouldn't run Costco/Walmart/Arco gas in my car (ever, and at any RON), but i'll run 87 all day long.

tenor[1].gif
Okay, well I won’t be using 87. I don’t put premium in a car that requires unleaded because that’s a waste. But when the recommendation is premium, I follow the recommendation. It’s recommended for a reason, it’s not just because Ford wants you to pay more for gas.

But whatever I’m done here now lol, what an idiotic discussion. I just assumed people used what the manual recommended, not the bare minimum.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ran 87 in my E350 for over 200,000 miles. No difference in MPG at all.
performance? Maybe.

your computer will adjust output if knock is detected.
Sponsored