Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They paid tens of millions of dollars for focus groups
True story from a friend who worked for a consumer research company. She hosted more than a dozen focus groups in major cities to gauge consumer reaction to a beverage bottle. Client turned out to be a major brewer, but she didn't know at the time. The bottles were unlabeled and empty, no one was told what kind of beverage it would ultimately hold.

Would you enjoy drinking a beverage from this bottle? How would it make you feel? How would it taste?

...and that my friends is probably how we wound up with Grabber Blue grab handles in Black Diamond.
Sponsored

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Organizations like Ford have teams devoted to searching social media. This forum counts.
Well to this point they don't count much about social media because Ford doesn't communicate.Ford can't even get the hard top and interior colors right . No fix till maybe next year . Not a great start when they've had years to get it right out of gate. Not that I'm being negative or anything. LOL

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone notice these posts from members with recent forum join dates? There was the random WT pic yesterday from a member that joined the same day. Only one pic from the factory parking lot that prompted a bunch of comments about the fender and mirror colors. And this morning, a rando with a join date of today jumped on the B&P is down thread with some comments about how they hope a revamp will solidify orders. Definitely too positive for this group. I think we are being trolled by Ford. Maybe they are listening and making some changes. If big brother is listening, option a black MGV interior on the WT to “solidify my order.”
It means they are listening which is a good thing.

Sponsored

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford doesn’t think dudes arguing on an Internet forum, many of whom are off-road enthusiasts with years if not DECADES of off-road experience are their target market.

They paid tens of millions of dollars for focus groups of a bunch of middle-aged women and millennials to tell them what they will need for the Bronco.

They also talked to a guy who owned a jeep, it may have even been a wrangler. They’re not sure.
To be fair they'll sell more broncos to those focus grouped people you mentioned than to people that will actually take it off road.

Some of them are on this forum. They want sasquatch because of the cool factor. They'll never take it off road.

I can't wait to see the perfectly clean never off roaded broncos here in fairfield, ct with shovels, snorkels and winches that will never ever see a dirt road.

I should admit I'm one of those people.

I'll never do any off roading outside of some fire roads on family camping trips.

I could probably brave those roads in a Prius.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pretty standard for a group of new people to sign up now that B&P is live and their hopes of having a Bronco are closer to reality.
From the point B&P went live for Ranger, to when individuals took delivery, there were a LOT of new users signing up! Don't have any formal statistics from that forum, but it seemed like the user count tripled within 4 months.

One thing they didn't do which I sure hope the moderators do on here, is requiring new users to understand the search function and have moderators take peoples threads down and give them a canned private message something along the lines of "Your question has been answered multiple times, please use the search function".

Oh soooooooooo many triplicated threads or observations all getting their own new threads all at once. It essentially handcuffed the forum for a few months and resulted in quite a few veteran forum members leaving. That's also when my identical cousin, Rick Astley, was banned for telling people to use the search function. Apparently the common practice there is to discourage use of the search function by banning users who reference that feature of the forum instead of educating the raft of new users which are now coming on line.... Or will be making their account once they make an order or take delivery of their new Bronco..... (Hint, hint, moderators! There are boatloads of new users queued up and ready to join, now is the time to have your policies in place for when they land on these here digital shores)

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To be fair they'll sell more broncos to those focus grouped people you mentioned than to people that will actually take it off road.

Some of them are on this forum. They want sasquatch because of the cool factor. They'll never take it off road.

I can't wait to see the perfectly clean never off roaded broncos here in fairfield, ct with shovels, snorkels and winches that will never ever see a dirt road.

I should admit I'm one of those people.

I'll never do any off roading outside of some fire roads on family camping trips.

I could probably brave those roads in a Prius.
You would be 100% correct.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, Ford definitely trolled us in the launch video.
I'm sure all those sexy accoutrements were assembled many months before the reveal. Then Ford realized they don't have to actually sell the first hundred-thou or so...they'll sink into parched earth like the first rain after a 3-year drought. Maybe mid-22 they'll actually have to get creative.

Until then they only have to convince the MI Governor to let the MAP lights stay on.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pretty standard for a group of new people to sign up now that B&P is live and their hopes of having a Bronco are closer to reality.
From the point B&P went live for Ranger, to when individuals took delivery, there were a LOT of new users signing up! Don't have any formal statistics from that forum, but it seemed like the user count tripled within 4 months.

One thing they didn't do which I sure hope the moderators do on here, is requiring new users to understand the search function and have moderators take peoples threads down and give them a canned private message something along the lines of "Your question has been answered multiple times, please use the search function".

Oh soooooooooo many triplicated threads or observations all getting their own new threads all at once. It essentially handcuffed the forum for a few months and resulted in quite a few veteran forum members leaving. That's also when my identical cousin, Rick Astley, was banned for telling people to use the search function. Apparently the common practice there is to discourage use of the search function by banning users who reference that feature of the forum instead of educating the raft of new users which are now coming on line.... Or will be making their account once they make an order or take delivery of their new Bronco..... (Hint, hint, moderators! There are boatloads of new users queued up and ready to join, now is the time to have your policies in place for when they land on these here digital shores)
All of us were noobs at some point. I have the patience to deal with it...

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All of us were noobs at some point. I have the patience to deal with it...
Being able to find information for yourself instead of expecting to be given it by others is a very critical skill. Not only in life, but for vehicle modification and maintenance.

There's a popular saying in Tennessee, and probably in Texas.

"Give a man to fish and he eats for a day, fool him twice..... can't get fooled again".

-George Bush Jr. (approximate quote, don't quote me on this)

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

...well let’s hope they are trolling us, what better way to get true input.
Sponsored