Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tech is cheap to fix. It's not that big of a deal.

The reason someone would say goodbye to a car is power train or engine failure. Much harder and pricer to fix.
So when a module gives up the smoke, how long are you going to wait for a new one in the era of "microchip shortages"? There are tons of otherwise perfectly good vehicles sitting at the factory, in repair shops, in people's driveways, all waiting on modules to make them functional again. I could buy a new engine or transmission and have it heading my way tomorrow if I needed it, but it's the electronics that are impossible to source.
Sponsored

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really loath all the color options that have been available so far. If Ford ever figures out paint, I would consider trading in. I'm also curious to see what the midcycle update brings if there is one in 24/25. Ventilated seats, better instrument cluster, better interior materials.... a 3.0... who knows. I like mine fine, but it feels incomplete.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure how old you are, but the vast majority of vehicles before the mid 1980s where lucky to make it to 100K or last more then five years.

New cars can last 12 years or 150K+ miles with just basic maintaince done to them. Just look at the average age of a car these days vs what was going on 40 years ago.
Except for audis and land rovers

Hoss360

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This isn't going anywhere... after it's paid off, I'll get me a fuel efficient something or other, but still break the Bronco out for some fun

Ford Bronco Is Your Current Bronco Your “Forever One”? 20230511_184021

Rowdie

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titelist
Your Bronco Model
Base
First bronco made it from ‘89 till about a month ago so yeah expect this one to be around till the end.

Sponsored

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At age 54 and this being a fun weekender and haul my Jon boat to some rainbow trout lakes occasional this will be my last vehicle of this type .Missed my 94 bronco and wish I kept it to this point before buying this one which is better in every way .garage kept and about 7000 miles a year it should have no problems going the distance. My 2013 5.0 truck if it ever gets unreliable will be replaced by a small local commuter.Love the fact the bronco is so boxy and retro looking with probably too much tech than I need and the style will never seem outdated , timeless

IMG_2198.jpeg

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on keeping it for the long haul or until it becomes unreliable which shouldn’t be too long based on posts around here. Seriously, I plan to keep it unless Ford knocks another version out of the park again. I really like the gen6. Keep it up with insane prices/increases they can forget selling me another. We need some stabilization in pricing.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I voted ‘maybe’ unfortunately. I have had mine 16 days and it’s been back at the dealer for 6 of those days fixing leaky seals and replacing a computer module.

I am looking to retire in the next couple years and this was hopefully my dirt road explorer for my retirement years but not sure I trust it for back road exploring now. We’ll see. ☹

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, if anything, I'd love to pick up a second one (Wildtrak to go with my Badlands) because I really don't think these kinds of vehicles will be around that much longer. I still have my 68 Bronco (that my dad bought new in the fall of '67) and I can foresee keeping this until I don't feel like exploring anymore (I'm like a lot of you, not that young anymore lol!).

Sponsored

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Every time the Bronco annoys me in a way that makes me consider selling it, I just modify it in a way that makes it even better. In that way, I'm likely to keep it forever, but it might end up being the Bronco of Theseus by then.

jrm5723

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Every new vehicle I purchase is my forever vehicle, until I see something I like better...

Doug_life

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wt, 78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't typically buy new vehicles until they are wrecked or the cost of repair is extreme.

Albeit, my wife put her foot down and replaced the pilot with a subaru. We got 18 years out of it. Now the kids are driving it

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would love to have my Bronco for a long time ,I think the electronics,sensors ,ect will rear their ugly heads In my opinion longevity isn't going to be a bronco trait,I hope I'm wrong

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, but when they finally come out with a Hybrid or full E- Bronco, that might sway me to trade in. Would have to still be a Bronco though, like the Wrangler 4e.
Sponsored