The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just curious how many of you plan on maintaining and keeping your new 6 gen Ford Bronco for the long haul 30+ years/forever?

Or do more of you plan on trading in every 5 years or so for the new model Bronco or possibly something else?
Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just curious how many of you plan on maintaining and keeping your new 6 gen Ford Bronco for the long haul 30+ years/forever?
I doubt that I'll still be around in 30 years (old guy), but I intend to keep my Bronco, and my Mustang, and both of my motorcycles long term. I might have to replace my Escape someday, but not in the near future.

I rarely trade in or sell vehicles. I buy stuff that I like and keep them.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At this time I plan to keep it for 10 years or so. Could be passed down to a child, traded on a new vehicle or kept long term. At a minimum it has a few reasons it has an extra touch of sentimental value and I would like to keep it for a long time. The only factor would be if reliability proves to be an issue.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least for 7 years. Until the extended warranty ends. At that point I am sure life chnages will have happened and will have to assess. But I think it could be my first true long term vehicle. Most of the time I trade them in after 3 years but the wrangler I just had (traded in for the bronco) lasted me 5 years. Every vehicle before that was 3 or less years of ownership. I think the bronco could beat the wrangler.

Last edited:

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I typically change vehicles a lot. Not with this Bronco. After a 2 year wait and spending 42K, we love it. My son loves it. I promised it to my son when I leave this earth although I plan on driving it as my only vehicle when I retire in 2-3 years. Right now it's being driven only on the weekends.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this time I plan to keep it for 10 years or so. Could be passed down to a child, traded on a new vehicle or kept long term. At a minimum it has a few reasons it has an extra touch of sentimental value and I would like to keep it for a long time. The only factor would be if reliability proves to be an issue.
Same. Ten years is a given. It may be handed down or become purely a trail rig at that point, who knows?

Niftysnail

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drive vehicles till its no longer cost effective to keep them. The last time I replaced a truck was because the new tires would have cost me more then it was worth. The bronco may be a special case as it is my second vehicle and will eventually be dedicated to fun/backup when need to replace my truck.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At 60, I’m hoping this is my last new vehicle Purchase. I have other things I wanna to do with my money other than buying a new $50K vehicle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drive vehicles till its no longer cost effective to keep them. The last time I replaced a truck was because the new tires would have cost me more then it was worth. The bronco may be a special case as it is my second vehicle and will eventually be dedicated to fun/backup when need to replace my truck.
Same here.

I’ve had two cars before really. Both boring sedans. One for 11 years after high school and the next for 7 years.

I did a $3,000 suspension repair/tires on a car worth $2,500 because I didn’t know when the Bronco would be scheduled. It was dang near undriveable and had ripped my tires down to the belt because it was so messed up. I was pretty much counting on 2024 when I pulled the trigger and then got scheduled a month or so later. Now my car probably would go another 100,000 miles in good shape haha

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love my Bronco, but it dosent seem like it would be a good candidate for a forever vehicle.
Have you seen underhood of the 2.7🙈
The frame less windows,electric parking brake and heavy reliance on electronics.
Sure I'd like to keep it forever ,it just seems like forever is going to come quicker with this one.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Keep. Plan is to make this my kid's first car. He is 4.

It is perfect for a first car. Harder to be on the phone because manual. Won't get roped into driving a bunch of friends around with the 2 door. Plenty fun to drive but not fast enough to really get in trouble.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I do absolutely love it (11k miles in 7 months), I'm also realistic... at this rate, it'll have 100k miles in 5 years, and cars these days start becoming unreliable around that point, plus I usually lose interest and want something new by that point... if Broncos are still around by that point, I may get another, but who knows what my interests will be by that point... so it's hard to say. I never say I'm going to keep a car 'forever'.

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So far a keeper. I absolutely love mine. No interest in any other vehicle on the market. As long as it doesn’t give me any issues, I’m in for it Forever.
Sponsored