First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So you basically just have to buy the tomahawk tuner device? What does that cost? Then does Whipple charge you to send you that updated file? Thanks for getting back to me!
I think I paid $900 or $950 for the Tomahawk. Whipple did not charge me for the tune. Their customer service has been great.

Did you just do the tune or also mod exhaust, intake, etc....
At first I did just the tune. Ran that way for a few months and then installed the MRT trail exhaust. That's when my gas mileage went down the toilet. It sounds so good, you can't help but make it roar. Once the initial excitement of the new exhaust wore off, i'm back to a good mileage.
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At first I did just the tune. Ran that way for a few months and then installed the MRT trail exhaust. That's when my gas mileage went down the toilet. It sounds so good, you can't help but make it roar. Once the initial excitement of the new exhaust wore off, i'm back to a good mileage.
I can imagine early on the skinny pedal got smashed...I know I'm going with Whipple. I'll probably add the axel-back, intake, intercooler, then Whipple...but it's tempting to just tune now...lol

StogieDave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2005 Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The issue with Tomahawk that you cant install the stock tune after you tune it with Tomahawk. Is that right ?
You beat me to it, was just going to write the same thing. This is my main concern. Would much rather be able to download the stock tune and return to stock for warranty work.

Sponsored

kre62

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got my Tomahawk from @LethalPerformance and installed it myself. You basically get the Tuner, it does a baseline and you send that file to Whipple, they send you a file back for your Bronco and you plug the Tomahawk in. It does the rest.

I'm getting a solid 17 or 18 mpg and I'm running 37" Nittos on Dirty Life Beadlocks. The only problem with the new tune and power is, you're going to want to use it. haha
If you initially get the stock file, cant you save it somewhere on a laptop and then later use it to flash back to stock?

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't that getting what the listed specs are? 315 hp and 400 tq ?

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The issue with Tomahawk that you cant install the stock tune after you tune it with Tomahawk. Is that right ?
Correct. The Tomahawk doesn't allow you to switch back to the stock file once flashed. Due to the complexity in flashing these new vehicles with over the air updates it's just not possible at this time.

For our Bronco I wasn't really concerned with this. Just happy to be making more power, having better shifts, the ability to adjust for different tire/gear ratios and to get rid of the auto start/stop feature.

A dealer can flash the truck back to stock.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

LFTD BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the jb4 and I'm on e30 I love it made my own custom large front mount intercooler I think I'm the 1st

DSC00978-01.jpeg

20220714_161524.jpg

20220715_171004.jpg

20220714_162014.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

Oden502

Wildtrak
First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the jb4 and I'm on e30 I love it made my own custom large front mount intercooler I think I'm the 1st

Ford Bronco JB4 or tomahawk ? 20220714_162014

What about pre collusion system?

OP
OP

Oden502

Wildtrak
First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the bronc buster relocation since I have the 3 inch body lift
can I use it on stock or 2 inch lift ? If yes can you give me the link to buy it
Sponsored