Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just a FYI to everyone thinking about a Ranger, the next gen should be coming out next year as a 2023 model. I know it's a wait, but judging from the test mule photos it's going to be a much better looking truck.
With the Ranger being built along side the Bronco in wouldn't hold my breath on a next gen Ranger. I was kind of holding out to see what it had to offer. But they are saying now they might not even go into production until May 2023. So plan on a 2024 or 2025 there too. Unless you order super early and don't order anything that has constraints.
Sponsored

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Plan B includes looking at the new Ranger, Canyon, Colorado and Tacoma. Although the new Frontier is a huge improvement over the previous generation, I was somewhat underwhelmed after seeing it in person. I really want a 2 door Bronco. I'm excited that it is 3 feet shorter than my Ranger. The last 2 door I owned was an '81 Corvette in '81 and it's been something with 4 doors ever since. Despite the problems and delays with this launch, I am willing to wait.

Last edited:

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish there was a plan b.

After the new airbag issue this week, I said eff it and went back.. Actually reached out to a top shop about whey an fj cruiser could be made soft top. No.

Jeeps? What a joke. To get something even remotely comparable to my black diamond, 6,000 more dollars. And then you don't get actual front windows oh, you get some weird soft window thing. And it's still a jeep. Totally unacceptable.
Are you sure?šŸ˜

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rknLJB4k/2008-toyota-fj-cruiser-convertible

Last edited:

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if I donā€™t get a 22, I donā€™t want anything to do with a Bronco. Iā€™m already bitter about this entire thing. Iā€™m not waiting another 18 months for something I reserved in august of last year.

side Note - I put down a $1000 deposit. Do I have any legal recourse for getting that back since I wonā€™t be getting a 21 and probably not a 22?

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if I donā€™t get a 22, I donā€™t want anything to do with a Bronco. Iā€™m already bitter about this entire thing. Iā€™m not waiting another 18 months for something I reserved in august of last year.

side Note - I put down a $1000 deposit. Do I have any legal recourse for getting that back since I wonā€™t be getting a 21 and probably not a 22?
I've wondered about this myself. I wonder if you have grounds to cancel and get your money back since you put your money down on a 2021 and not a 2022.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would probably get an F150, but I was fortunate enough to find a Bronco that someone rejected.

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since Ford is struggling to figure out how to build and deliver Bronco's, some may not even have hope a of getting one before 2026.

Well life moves on, what are you looking to purchase instead of a Ford?
Wrangler, new Frontier or maybe a Tacoma.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've started looking at the 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Looks very nice, if I get the 4xe version the tax benefits will be substantial. It will do everything I wanted from the Bronco and in some areas such as towing it's even better. I wanted mild off-roading which the Trailhawk version can handle easily. I'll see how it goes with the reservation fulfilment but it looks like Ford has decided to screw reservation holders to satisfy the large greedy dealerships. What happened to filling reservations first before filling dealer inventory? I was really looking forward to a Bronco when this started over a year ago but I'm quickly thinking the POS 2003 Ford Expedition really was the last Ford I'll ever own. Ford may have made Jeep my next vehicle.

Realtalk214

Outer Banks
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 karma 2014 m6 2019 model x 2022 Defender
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had actually given up back in July when the MIC top issue pushed everything back, and I got an email saying my build wouldn't be available till 2022. I promptly ordered a land rover defender. But I never canceled my Bronco order thinking I'd drive the defender for a year then sell it when my bronco came. Crazy that when my defender got built and put on a ship to the U.S. I get the email that my bronco is scheduled for Oct18th. This is after my 9/27 kick back. So I'm optimistic that I may be one of the lucky ones and I'll have two reimaged 4x4s by the end of the year.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My Plan B includes looking at the new Ranger, Canyon, Colorado and Tacoma. Although the new Frontier is a huge improvement over the previous generation, I was somewhat underwhelmed after seeing it in person. I really want a 2 door Bronco. I'm excited that it is 3 feet shorter than my Ranger. The last 2 door I owned was an '81 Corvette in '81 and it's been something with 4 doors ever since. Despite the problems and delays with this launch, I am willing to wait. Ford is a great company with a storied past and an exciting future.
You need to raise your standards, great companies don't repeatedly launch vehicles with failures and fiascos and then try to screw the consumer as a marketing strategy.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dunno, the backup was/is a Ranger Tremor. But I'm almost thinking of getting a hot hatch or a Mustang...But we get snow here and the mustang isn't really conducive for the winter

Rjcory

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ill keep driving my Honda element. Almost 197,000 miles and still running smooth. I just cant take it where I want to. If nothing happens by December, its probably a Tundra.
I have my VIN now so I will be getting my bronco in November. My plan B was to keep driving my 2006 Honda Element forever. 235000 miles so far.

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco alternative is an F-350 Tremor. Very very different vehicle, but...

Stojanowski

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I bought a F150 Tremor last week. Am really starting to love it. Going to shift from a 4DR to a manual 2Dr Sasquatch or new special edition for 2022 and then perhaps sell the tremor when the Bronco comes it. I get a lot of shout-outs and questions on the tremor, itā€™s bigger than I would have preferred but am getting used to it and it is a beast on the highway and great on logging roads.
How much was that thing? They had one on my dealer lot prior to my Raptor arriving and it stickered for more than the Raptor... Blew my mind
Sponsored