Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm confused.....you need a car now? So you're going to order one? I can't think of a slower way to get a car. Keep the Bronco order and go buy something used for now.
I can carpool for a couple months. I’m mostly remote, anyway. However, being down to one vehicle for +1 year is not an appealing option.

I could buy an inflated priced preowned vehicle, but if the option exists to get it around March 2022, then I’ll bide my time
Sponsored

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d probably take the 4K loss, keep my dream build, and consider myself lucky that was the only real cost to the accident. It’s not ideal, but it could have been much worse.
It’s definitely not off the table. This was somewhat of a thought exercise on what’s possible.

I may dig into the suggestion of resuming someone else’s lease. That might be just as viable as buying a turd from a preowned lot

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all,

I might need to change my build to get my Bronco sooner. I was very content to hold out for the Modular Top, but then some moron hit my car on the highway and totaled it.

We were very fortunate no one was hurt, however, I’m at that awkward crossroads of needing a vehicle at the worst time.

My original build was a 2.7L 2DR CO Badlands w/High Package & Modular Top. I was a First Day Reservation. Do you know what I will need to sacrifice to get my Bronco ASAP? A salesman I was speaking to mentioned the Badlands & 2.7L were both restricted at the moment, though I just test drove a WT w/a 2.7.

Also, not a fair question, but do any of you know how late this type of order would push me? I genuinely apologize for this kind of thread, but when I thought my Bronco would be a MY23, I sort of mentally checked-out and wasn’t following news as ardently.

Thank you in advance!
I am in a similar situation. My daily driver is 12 years old and has 202K miles...She is on her last leg!

I am a day 3 reservation holder. I originally ordered a 2 door base sasquatch with the 2.7 engine. On Aug 13 (Friday), Big Ford sent an email stating that if you go soft top your bronco might get built faster. That weekend, I emailed my dealer with a change order. I changed my order to a 4 door base sasquatch, soft top with 2.7. Dealer confirmed the change on Tuesday. On August 19 (Thursday), I received my 'scheduled for production' email and VIN. So, from my personal experience...moving to a soft top/4door made all of the difference.

My bronco is currently on a train to my dealer. I hope to get the call any day to pick her up!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just buy one off a lot. If you are reservation holder, they will sell you their demo

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Today is not the day to make changes lol

Sponsored

KillerKwall

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD 4D 2.7 ,2020 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can carpool for a couple months. I’m mostly remote, anyway. However, being down to one vehicle for +1 year is not an appealing option.

I could buy an inflated priced preowned vehicle, but if the option exists to get it around March 2022, then I’ll bide my time

Yea, so here how it went for me. My accident was in March. At the time we had my Fiesta ST (Vehicle Totaled) and my fiancee's Jeep Liberty. In march, we were pre chip crisis so Ford still had rebates and deals on Escapes. We traded in the Liberty (Huge Mistake!!) because there was a trade in credit of 2k. We bought the Escape with A-Plan, because to make this all even more crazy I work for Ford. We have had the escape for a year, I work from home and my fiancee can walk to work most days. Most days we don't have an issue but we thought this would be a few month thing, 'No way this goes on for a whole year". Well, as we know now, Webasto had other plans.

Now to the point, what to do.
1) Pre-owned - Historically the best option for short term, currently a literal nightmare. Jeeps and Tacos I looked at 2 years ago are worth sometimes 5-10% more. Its a giant bubble and avoid like the plague
2) New-Car-Buying a car right now is fine if its a car that historically holds its value.IE 4runner, Taco, Wrangler, Land Cruiser, Honda Pilot.Anything else is a little risky for short term.
3) Lease Take-Over - Great option if you can find one, I never can. The short term ones get taken very quickly.
4)Pre-owned Clunker - They are out there. POS cars that cost around 2k. I had an offer on one but the owner wasn't willing to work out a deal.
5)E-Bike - Yea, I almost bought a Ebike but its cold here to much. I also have a road bike so i can just use the old boring bike.
6)Get a shittier bronco - Get a soft top,BB, 2.3L, or Base and then order again. Go to the Rodeo twice and hope that the 2023s are better than 2022s. I can say for sure, I don't think the car will lose much value so you will likely sell it at a high resale number. OR You fall in love and keep it
7) Bite the bullet and wait - This is me

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey all,

I might need to change my build to get my Bronco sooner. I was very content to hold out for the Modular Top, but then some moron hit my car on the highway and totaled it.

We were very fortunate no one was hurt, however, I’m at that awkward crossroads of needing a vehicle at the worst time.

My original build was a 2.7L 2DR CO Badlands w/High Package & Modular Top. I was a First Day Reservation. Do you know what I will need to sacrifice to get my Bronco ASAP? A salesman I was speaking to mentioned the Badlands & 2.7L were both restricted at the moment, though I just test drove a WT w/a 2.7.

Also, not a fair question, but do any of you know how late this type of order would push me? I genuinely apologize for this kind of thread, but when I thought my Bronco would be a MY23, I sort of mentally checked-out and wasn’t following news as ardently.

Thank you in advance!
Try calling your dealer and begging, maybe if you're not already they can plug you in with a 10 priority and put you atleast at their top of the list. Other than that like everyone else said....soft top BB will get you scheduled immediately probably.

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
5/28/21 reservation 4door 2.3 manual black diamond soft top, modular bumper, tow package.
10/13/21 9am changed to a 2022 4 door Base 2.7 auto, soft top, modular bumper, sasquatch package, auxiliary switches, cargo liner, floor liners, paint protection.
Scheduled for production December 20th.

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dropped mine from an OBX, 2.7, SAS, High, Roof Rack, and Towing to a Base, 2.3, Stick with just switches and a roof rack. This knocked 20K off the price and will hopefully get it built quicker.

When I initially reserved the Bronco back in 2020 this is the configuration I was going to order, but over the months and months of waiting I kept adding stuff. I figure I can do a lot of upgrades for 20K.
The base 2dr, 2.3L manual with roof rack has been my build all the way. Still waiting for a build schedule.

rfawbush

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Subaru STI/1979 Ford Courier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I switched from hard top to soft top and got a build date the following day. 4-door Base with the 2.7 and Sasquatch.

Last edited:

Sponsored

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all,

Thank you in advance!
I originally had a Black Diamond with Sasquatch and have whittled it down to a base with automatic, and a 2.3. The price different is huge. The only thing holding me back is the MIC top. I believe you can add better things over time which is what I will do. My plan is to constantly tweak this thing and hold onto it like as if I had a "68 Bronco or whatever. I've gone from $55k to $31k and change (tax et al). Why play with something that's not your daily (or is) and then give it to someone else? Mine is a project along with my 911. Toys!
Go for it!

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey all,

Thank you in advance!
All you need is money my friend.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No matter what you do with your order, scheduling for January and possibly February starts today. Even if you get picked for mid January build, you’re still looking into February IF your build date doesn’t get pushed, which many already have.
Yup. And don't forget....there are some poor bastards that have been stuck in production purgatory(non DM) for more then two months. Then another month at least for delivery.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fastest way to get one if you are not picky on mods, is to call around and find one on a lot. But from what i see, it seems to be a problem for you guys, up here a lot of dealers have them on the lot. Not in great quantity, but they have 1 or 2.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all,

Thank you in advance!
I'm scheduled for 11/29 week and jumped ahead of a lot of people at my dealership with...

4Dr Base 2.7L Sasquatch MIC top

I don't care about Mid, High, Lux. Also don't care about bumpers, tow, rock rails. Big engine, Squatch and hardtop were important to me, but got scheduled because lack of other constraints. If you kept the 2.7L, dropped high & mid pkgs and go softtop, I bet you'd be scheduled fast.
Sponsored

Last edited: