Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what's the purpose of the First Edition now?
many people opted out for a first edition, I had my chance but passed ..early reservation but I have all the deadly sins which I really don’t think matter much on the LUX anymore or 2.7

its hard top and SAS causing delays and it’s not the tires according to GoodYear ..so must be something else about the SAS.

so while you may have an FE, doesn’t mean people aren’t in front of you.
Sponsored

Unit91

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be excited for the VIN#, but just know that the build date and week won't be truly nailed down till you get closer to that time frame.

My build was pushed back as part of the initial 2 week delay. Over the past 2 weeks it's bounced around to almost every day during the week of 6/28, and it's now reverted back from being scheduled to a day to being scheduled during the week of 7/5.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

many people opted out for a first edition, I had my chance but passed ..early reservation but I have all the deadly sins which I really don’t think matter much on the LUX anymore or 2.7

its hard top and SAS causing delays and it’s not the tires according to GoodYear ..so must be something else about the SAS.

so while you may have an FE, doesn’t mean people aren’t in front of you.
Speaking on behalf of all FE holders, I think we're plenty aware there are going to be manymanymany many people in front of us. We're cool with that.

It's our understanding that deadly sins (2 door, Sasquatch, hard top, 2.7L, etc) commodities are what's holding up orders. So if we see a Wildtrack get scheduled, which has all the same parts that are shortages as standard as the First Edition, we get confused, because ours are promised to be this year and, logically, it would make sense for us to get those parts as priority.

So to go back to the original question: what's the purpose of a First Edition? I'd assume priority on commodity-shortage parts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FifthCard

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

However comma he has every commodity constraint, doesn’t even know his allocation number, but I can tell you with a mid March 21 reservation his allocation is higher than the grocery bill. So your formula is no better than anyone else’s.....and at this point it’s no worse I suspect.
I can tell you my order number is 1093. Not sure how all that plays in. If I grabbed someone else's spot when they dropped out. My dealer is one of the oldest Ford dealers in the country.

Last edited:

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

FifthCard

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking on behalf of all FE holders, I think we're plenty aware there are going to be manymanymany many people in front of us. We're cool with that.

It's our understanding that deadly sins (2 door, Sasquatch, hard top, 2.7L, etc) commodities are what's holding up orders. So if we see a Wildtrack get scheduled, which has all the same parts that are shortages as standard as the First Edition, we get confused, because ours are promised to be this year and, logically, it would make sense for us to get those parts as priority.

So to go back to the original question: what's the purpose of a First Edition? I'd assume priority on commodity-shortage parts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I never understood the whole first edition thing. I would think they are the first ones to roll of the floor. That could have been the plan but anything seems to be up in the air.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I never understood the whole first edition thing. I would think they are the first ones to roll of the floor. That could have been the plan but anything seems to be up in the air.
If 2020/COVID/supply chain/commodities weren't such a massive factor, I think I'd be inclined to agree with you and be more grumpy about it. But they're doing the best they can with the shitty hand they were dealt: building First Editions as soon as they have the parts. Or so it seems.

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
IF this is legitimate, it 1,000% reinforces the utter BS of the reservation system Ford put in place. There has to be 110,000 to 120,000 reservations ahead of this one, let alone the sins of Badlands, SAS, Tow and MIC, and Ford pulls it for build.

If true, everyone needs to bombard Ford Customer Service. Twitter, etc. Good luck to all those suckers that put a reservation in for the F-150 Lightning.
So, because Ford *may* be doing some wacky shit with the ordering process you wanna harass the shit out of the people in their CS and PR department who have absolutely nothing to do with and no influence over when you get your vehicle? You sound like a pretentious child, go kick a ball or something and quit whining.

FifthCard

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If 2020/COVID/supply chain/commodities weren't such a massive factor, I think I'd be inclined to agree with you and be more grumpy about it. But they're doing the best they can with the shitty hand they were dealt: building First Editions as soon as they have the parts. Or so it seems.
Agreed. I want the bronco to succeed and they are working to try and deal with all the issues.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So, because Ford *may* be doing some wacky shit with the ordering process you wanna harass the shit out of the people in their CS and PR department who have absolutely nothing to do with and no influence over when you get your vehicle? You sound like a pretentious child, go kick a ball or something and quit whining.
You really don't get it, do you. Those are Ford's established routes to get feedback from customers. When companies hear the same complaint from multiple customers they change things.

You obviously have not been around since before the launch to have seen changes Ford has made.

(More SoCal behavior, another reason I left there four years ago.)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can tell you my order number is 1093. Not sure how all that plays in. If I grabbed someone else's spot when they dropped out. My dealer is one of the oldest Ford dealers in the country.
You really don’t have to explain or tell anything. You are good Allen. Just discussing because it’s so baffling. No one is resentful of you.....it’s a Ford issue.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If it makes you feel better Ford would of never built the FEs first. Even without covid and the commodity issues.
Sponsored