Sponsored

Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall?

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

still same excitement, I have no issues with Ford and I'll get my loaded Badsquatch when it gets here. I don't even care if I get a 'build week' e-mail, don't need to know. Just need to know when it's time to pick it up. Until then I learn more about off roading and make plans to hit some fun trails, way more interesting things to do that get mad at Ford, LOL.
This. I have enjoyed this process, which might put me in the minority. It was fun to build MY Bronco, place the order, I haven't gotten pissed off like many people here, but have had some fun day dreams and planned some cool outings with friends.

Luckily I got a July build date, so my optimism has been rewarded.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This. I have enjoyed this process, which might put me in the minority. It was fun to build MY Bronco, place the order, I haven't gotten pissed off like many people here, but have had some fun day dreams and planned some cool outings with friends.

Luckily I got a July build date, so my optimism has been rewarded.
yep, pretty enjoyable so far. Dealer will give me xplan, no extra deposit (and I'd NEVER pay a non refundable deposit on anything), met the sales guy once when the Broncos came to town, talked on the phone once, less than 10 e-mails in total, I just expect to find out how much it'll cost with taxes and all, go there when it's time to pay up and drive home. Seems like a nice dealership, though I've never been inside. So far a super easy process and I'm 100% sure Ford is doing anything possible to get my money as fast as possible, so I'm not worried at all. One day it'll be here.
I have better things to do than life my life in anger, yelling and whining online. Too much fun stuff to be done, got no time for that.

Built my BL pretty quickly, only thing I changes was from dual top to MIC so I can pick up the $1k in Ford points and see if someone in the after market will make a 'sunrider' style soft top for both rows of seats on my 4 door, then I won't ever need a soft top anyway.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think most people forget pretty quickly, so the hype comes and goes, but always comes back. So, most people have forgotten the individual setbacks and all it takes is a "rumor" of a new color, or white fender flares and everyone goes ape shit over it again and forgets that for almost a year there have been nothing but failed promises and let-downs. That's ok though, because ultimately if someone wants something, it really comes down to cost, emotional and cash. People are willing to pay the price of a Bronco. I think what will happen though, is not long after taking possession, many people will realize the hype was just that, and then they'll have buyers remorse.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nah. If you take a step back and realize the mess we're working our way out of on the tail end of this pandemic it's not really that difficult to understand how we got here. It'll get sorted and they'll start cranking out the Broncos by the thousands for us.
Will it get sorted? I'm vaccinated, CDC and other orgs advise masks not needed in most situations, and yet I'm practically the only person in stores with no mask.

It might be a while before certain segments of the population get over the psychology of COVID, and that will impact work and purchases. Is Ford factory processes and staffing back to pre-COVID levels?

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my neck of the woods we no longer even think much about Covid. Probably 80% are maskless indoors, and 100% are maskless outside. Just participated in a weekend little league tournament and not one mask. The kids even shook hands after the games.
Btw, 7 games in 3 days is a shit load of baseball for a 9 year old.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In my neck of the woods we no longer even think much about Covid. Probably 80% are maskless indoors, and 100% are maskless outside. Just participated in a weekend little league tournament and not one mask. The kids even shook hands after the games.
Maybe it’s because there’s not a single documented case of transmission outdoors.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Btw. Wtf do masks outside or inside in Utah have to do with the Bronco??

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe it’s because there’s not a single documented case of transmission outdoors.
oh boy, except for the initial spread at an outdoor market in China, and the European spread at some soccer games in Italy...the huge religious festivals in India...some boomers in Sturgis etc.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, my interest has definitely waned. My Bronco joy crashed into a gigantic wall of Ford bullshit. Guess I’ll just step back for a while, maybe act like Jeeps or Tacomas are just as cool...no, just kidding.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Take your mind off the Bronco for a while. A watched pot never boils. The whole world is such a mess right now. Go camping and let this mess go. Nothing happening here so just move along.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd lost some steam, but getting my vin/date reignited the flame.
Sponsored