Sponsored

Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There really are two radically different Bronco buyers. Those who although may not be happy with the delays still have every intention of following through with the purchase, and those that never really planned to ...
The two radically different Bronco buyers are "image" buyers and "utility" buyers. Some image buyers can wait forever, since they are buying the image. But the utility buyers have a real utility use for the vehicle, and may look elsewhere.
Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The two radically different Bronco buyers are "image" buyers and "utility" buyers. Some image buyers can wait forever, since they are buying the image. But the utility buyers have a real utility use for the vehicle, and may look elsewhere.
I feel like this is backwards though. The image buyers are the ones wanting it now for the parking lot flexing. The utilitarian buyers that know what a Wrangler, 4Runner and the like are want the Bronco for the Bronco.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like this is backwards though. The image buyers are the ones wanting it now for the parking lot flexing. The utilitarian buyers that know what a Wrangler, 4Runner and the like are want the Bronco for the Bronco.
A guy buying a hammer to mostly sit and admire it can wait. He ain't hitting any nails with it anyway. A guy buying a hammer, because he actually will hit nails with it, is less inclined to sit around waiting. Instead he'll go buy a different hammer to get the job done.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A guy buying a hammer to mostly sit and admire it can wait. He ain't hitting any nails with it anyway. A guy buying a hammer, because he actually will hit nails with it, is less inclined to sit around waiting. Instead he'll go buy a different hammer to get the job done.
Buyer wants an new hammer that has not yet been made, frustrated with waiting for said hammer they buy a stapler to hammer their nails instead.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Buyer wants an new hammer that has not yet been made, frustrated with waiting for said hammer they buy a stapler to hammer their nails instead.
They buy a Wrangler. Or like me they already own a Wrangler, CJ and Series Land Rover. People buying for actual usage typically don't sit around waiting. Don't get me wrong, I love what Ford has done with the new Bronco. But there are other nice hammers to get the job done.

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They buy a Wrangler. Or like me they already own a Wrangler, CJ and Series Land Rover. People buying for actual usage typically don't sit around waiting. Don't get me wrong, I love what Ford has done with the new Bronco. But there are other nice hammers to get the job done.
:LOL:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is why I bought my Jeep 2 years ago. Pretty crazy I can still sell it for around my purchase price two years and 20k later!

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess Iā€™m in a third group. I didnā€™t have much interest in hitting the nails until this pretty hammer was revealed.

With the exception of a tacoma, other options havenā€™t hit a good combo of style and capability for me. I donā€™t mind waiting, because I donā€™t have a real need for the tool nor a desire for the status. I want to look good at the mall and the local Starbucks, obviously, but I also like that I can start planning trips to Utah... for now iā€™ll just keep saving.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess Iā€™m in a third group. I didnā€™t have much interest in hitting the nails until this pretty hammer was revealed.

With the exception of a tacoma, other options havenā€™t hit a good combo of style and capability for me. I donā€™t mind waiting, because I donā€™t have a real need for the tool nor a desire for the status. I want to look good at the mall and the local Starbucks, obviously, but I also like that I can start planning trips to Utah... for now iā€™ll just keep saving.
This is exactly the user group I fall into as well

Always was an outdoorsy kid. The type to climb trees at 6 and fall out of them. Love nature. Love hiking and mountain biking and camping and kayaking. But I never tied those activities to a vehicle before until the Bronco was revealed. I would be lying if i said the image wasn't a major factor. But the utility, or promise of it, is what keeps me on board despite the delays.

We (wife and i) did want a jeep as a weekend fun vehicle for years now. But feels like the Bronco scratches that jeep itch and then some

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure which group I fall into, but I'm not all that outdoorsy, but maybe this is a small start. This is the first truck I lusted after...yep, Marty McFly's SR5.
Ford Bronco Just me or has the Bronco hype hit a wall? Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 10.53.41 AM

Then I came close during my college years with something identical to that brown Bronco II above.

Now, I might actually get my chance...Ford just has to deliver before March 2022, which is one month after my current lease is due. Let's see what happens, but I'm still excited for it.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is exactly the user group I fall into as well

Always was an outdoorsy kid. The type to climb trees at 6 and fall out of them. Love nature. Love hiking and mountain biking and camping and kayaking. But I never tied those activities to a vehicle before until the Bronco was revealed. I would be lying if i said the image wasn't a major factor. But the utility, or promise of it, is what keeps me on board despite the delays.

We (wife and i) did want a jeep as a weekend fun vehicle for years now. But feels like the Bronco scratches that jeep itch and then some
ditto to all of this! I considered a jeep prior to reserving a Bronco but honestly would rather shell out a pretty penny for a vintage 60s bronco than any kind of jeep. Jeeps just arent my cuppa tea in the design department, but would fulfill the outdoors off-roading driving Im
Interested in to get me where I want to go for the hiking, mountain biking, trail running bit.
just out of sheer curiosity, what about the bronco are people interested in for the utility bit? Please no one take offense that Im asking (Iā€™ve noticed a lot of that on here lately hence why Iā€™ve taken a bit of a hiatus šŸ˜¬) I really thought that the vehicle served the more outdoors for fun niche and im just curious if people will be using it for work? Would love to see the Bronco being used as a utility vehicle just not sure in what job market yā€™all are looking to utilize it for.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If I didn't hate the way the driver positioning is in the Tacoma I'd probably have one. Great dependable truck.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ditto to all of this! I considered a jeep prior to reserving a Bronco but honestly would rather shell out a pretty penny for a vintage 60s bronco than any kind of jeep. Jeeps just arent my cuppa tea in the design department, but would fulfill the outdoors off-roading driving Im
Interested in to get me where I want to go for the hiking, mountain biking, trail running bit.
just out of sheer curiosity, what about the bronco are people interested in for the utility bit? Please no one take offense that Im asking (Iā€™ve noticed a lot of that on here lately hence why Iā€™ve taken a bit of a hiatus šŸ˜¬) I really thought that the vehicle served the more outdoors for fun niche and im just curious if people will be using it for work? Would love to see the Bronco being used as a utility vehicle just not sure in what job market yā€™all are looking to utilize it for.
Until my SO and I went to Utah and all 5 national parks over new years, did some light off-roading in an F-Pace :LOL: , and saw all the 4Runners and Wranglers in the areas we were in we didn't know what we wanted to get as a second vehicle. Drove a 4Runner, Wrangler, RDX, Outback XT, Venza, Sorento, Crosstrek, Bronco Sport and rented an F-Pace. The Jeep attributes and modularity with the modern 60's styling that is far and above more attractive than a Wrangler is what sold us. My SO can't wait to daily it to work and we both can't wait to take the dog and some gear on a weekend excursion off the pavement and away from the hustle and bustle of the metro.

Last edited: