85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never own one but low resale value of just few years old but out of warranty models tells the whole story. Same with Maserati, you simply can’t buy these used w/o a factory warranty.
Not always a bad thing...

A Disco II and an Explorer Sport have wheelbases within an inch of each other.

I have had very impure thoughts of snagging a cheap Disco with blown engine/trans and putting that beautiful aluminum body on a equally cheap rusty TTB Explorer's running gear. The frames hold up well, the bodies not so much. And then LS swap the conglomeration to make sure everybody is equally offended. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not always a bad thing...

A Disco II and an Explorer Sport have wheelbases within an inch of each other.

I have had very impure thoughts of snagging a cheap Disco with blown engine/trans and putting that beautiful aluminum body on a equally cheap rusty TTB Explorer's running gear. The frames hold up well, the bodies not so much. And then LS swap the conglomeration to make sure everybody is equally offended. :ROFLMAO:
true, and a great deal for any capable diy mechanic. But for the 95%, we don’t have the space, tools, time or knowledge to perform the work.

BroncoTRDPro

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I parked next to a Defender 4 door the other day. First time I saw one. It was all black including rims. It’s bigger in person than in pics and has a pretty nice interior. However, it looks kind of wimpy and Honda Element like in certain colors. I want to like it, but not for 70k the way I’d build it. For that, Bronco Warthog or Wrangler 392.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just saw an ad for the new defender. It chases away some horses too. Can’t find it on the internet and nothing on a search so I apologize if it’s already been posted, I don’t watch tv much so it might be old news if it is please delete.

Edit: found the video guess it’s older like July time frame no wonder I missed it.
If we are looking at alternatives I’d start here...
https://ineosgrenadier.com/

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
true, and a great deal for any capable diy mechanic. But for the 95%, we don’t have the space, tools, time or knowledge to perform the work.
If you ever get the chance, actually building a vehicle is a lot of fun.

If we are looking at alternatives I’d start here...
https://ineosgrenadier.com/
I have been following that. It has potential but doesn't really suit my needs. Still not sold on the BMW powerplant, dealers are very very few and far between around here for that let alone however Ineos is going to distribute/service them.

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you ever get the chance, actually building a vehicle is a lot of fun.

I have been following that. It has potential but doesn't really suit my needs. Still not sold on the BMW powerplant, dealers are very very few and far between around here for that let alone however Ineos is going to distribute/service them.
That’s obviously the concern, if it’s only so BMW will sell them at their dealership at least it offers a contact point for parts etc. I doubt Ineos is going to have any dealerships. That being said, it looks bad ass!

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe it’s not a car you keep outside of warranty. ??‍♂ But is a bronco? They’ll have the SVT version out a year after this and half the guys in here will be upgrading anyways. If you plan on keeping either of these, why not pay a few extra thousand for the 7 year extended OEM warranty? Btw, the newer McLaren’s aren’t bad for reliability and probably underscore my point. The older mclarens 12C were horrible. The 650S I had had irritating electrical hiccups that would self correct. The 720s is flawless. Listening to the internet would give you a completely different perspective than the truth.
I'll be doing extended warranty on the Bronco, for peace of mind.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

outsourced everything to India their quality control has been crap
Land Rover is Not Out sourced to India, but an Indian Automaker TATA owns JLR after Ford ditched it. Also Land Rovers are still made in UK not in India.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder how the bronco will be on the road. Driving 10 hours to a trail will really suck if it's full of wind noise. The main advantage of the defender.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I was in the Army, on one of my deployments I was in an air defense unit attached to Prince Sultan Air Base in Al Kharj, Saudi Arabia. Our site was about 30 minutes off base in the middle of the desert. We would run chow out to the site using a mid 90's Land Rover Discovery, because we couldn't trust our brand new HMMWVs not to get stuck or break down. That thing never had a problem and was even used a couple of times to pull the aforementioned HMMWVs back to the safety of a hard surface.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Land Rover is Not Out sourced to India, but an Indian Automaker TATA owns JLR after Ford ditched it. Also Land Rovers are still made in UK not in India.
You can still see that their quality and reliability has dropped since they were taken over by TATA. Also land rovers are made in Slovakia, Brazil, China, India and their United Kingdom plants.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can still see that their quality and reliability has dropped since they were taken over by TATA. Also land rovers are made in Slovakia, Brazil, China, India and their United Kingdom plants.
They were like the worst forever, now they are worse than the worst?

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Land Rovers look so cool, but every time I read about one it's a story about it breaking down or being repaired.
Sponsored