Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Subaru Ascent has i think almost 50 buttons or switches up front...
Going to assume you responded to the wrong comment as that has nothing to do with what I was saying here... the A-10 has no overhead controls...
Sponsored

2gre8taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the Bronco was built to have fun and get dirty...
I think it needs that deep sound and the torque that snaps your head back, when you release the clutch..
Hopefully aftermarket companies are already developing products...
TTV6 can sound nasty, just a different kind of nasty. If you want torque off the line, wait for the electric/hybrid model. The power and packaging advantages of the V8 engine is a bygone era. Turbos are more efficient, and electric is even more powerful. Big displacement engines are going the way of the horse, only enthusiast will have them and there isn't a large enough financial draw for large companies to invest in it. This is all coming from a guy that loves the sound of cam lope and n/a throttle response.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to assume you responded to the wrong comment as that has nothing to do with what I was saying here... the A-10 has no overhead controls...
I take it he was comparing it to the aforementioned “heavy.”

Dbarrett38

Outer Banks
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150. 2017 fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've said this before if this thing can tow around 6k lbs with the manual transmission. My bank account will be in trouble

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
the torque that snaps your head back, when you release the clutch..
If you want head snapping torque, the Ecoboost would be better for you than the V8 option that COULD fit in this. A simple tune could have that TTV6 over 400ft lbs

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want head snapping torque, the Ecoboost would be better for you than the V8 option that COULD fit in this. A simple tune could have that TTV6 over 400ft lbs
It has 400lbft from the factory!

and more low end torque than the v8

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That reminds me an awful lot about when my Dad first got the TTV6 instead of the V8 in his 1-2 year company trucks. He won the top award that year so he got a 2011 Lariat 4x4 EcoBoost. First thing we always do when there is a new truck is floor it down the country road.... this truck squatted. It was an experience we had not had with any of the V8 trucks. That year came with 365hp and 420ftlb....

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Couldn't remember the exact numbers... I knew either the 2.7 or 3.5 (or both, evidently) were over 400ft lbs stock, so I figured it was just the 3.5. But yeah, tbh I think the Ecoboost engines are better truck engines than modern V8s. A boosted V6 will NEVER match a V8 in sound or feel, but those are more priorities for a sports car, not a truck

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couldn't remember the exact numbers... I knew either the 2.7 or 3.5 (or both, evidently) were over 400ft lbs stock, so I figured it was just the 3.5. But yeah, tbh I think the Ecoboost engines are better truck engines than modern V8s. A boosted V6 will NEVER match a V8 in sound or feel, but those are more priorities for a sports car, not a truck
and another 80-100 HP will be made relatively cheaply based on what’s been done with the eco boosts to date. Essentially you will have a 400hp and close to 500 tq Bronco with minimal mods.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
and another 80-100 HP will be made relatively cheaply based on what’s been done with the eco boosts to date. Essentially you will have a 400hp and close to 500 tq Bronco with minimal mods.
Or..... You could also a turbo onto the coyote and.....

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
...and spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to have a vehicle that's significantly less reliable than what you started with for no useable gain

Come on man, we're talking trucks here, not a drag car

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My personal preference. Only in the aftermarket engine swap world though. No wild dogs from factory.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

...and spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to have a vehicle that's significantly less reliable than what you started with for no useable gain

Come on man, we're talking trucks here, not a drag car
I disagree. Why is a coyote with turbos any less reliable? It's more about the potential to go bigger that I don't like about the ecoboost. Honestly I would have been good with the 3.5ecoboost. Lots of aftermarket and also a stroker kit. 2.7 economist does not have the same power potential or aftermarket. People build and race trucks all the time.
Sponsored