Sponsored

Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups!

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use the iKamper Blue Dot Voyager SOLO tent on a ZROADZ rack. Only 130 pounds and I've never had a bad nights sleep. I highly recommend it for solo travelers! Here's a lot more photos than needed ;)
Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! Untitled desi

Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! Untitled design (1)

Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! Untitled design (3)

Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! Untitled design (2)

Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! Untitled design (5)

Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! Untitled design (6)

Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! Untitled design (4)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shawn_1121

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just ordered.
TrailRax Modular Full Roof Rack, Roam Adventures Vagabond XL w Annex, Roam 8ft Awning and Heretic 40in amber light bar to pair with the Roof Rack.

Looking forward this summer/fall

BIGJIM

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed the Freespirit Aspen Lite on my stock roof rack. 110lbs, really happy with the quality and very comfortable. I haven’t been out in the woods with it yet but I did spend the night in it out in the driveway!

C398B486-FBC4-4DB7-A883-1429B76A0660.jpeg

4054F696-56BE-421B-A388-799DDFFA288B.jpeg

313C7C66-2A4A-4750-9489-DB3DC50835BA.jpeg

088F9480-87CF-4E6D-B732-DDEBD4ED8B73.jpeg

BF8A0FD4-C387-4FC9-8EA8-5146F5956680.jpeg

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just installed the Freespirit Aspen Lite on my stock roof rack. 110lbs, really happy with the quality and very comfortable. I haven’t been out in the woods with it yet but I did spend the night in it out in the driveway!

Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! BF8A0FD4-C387-4FC9-8EA8-5146F5956680

Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! BF8A0FD4-C387-4FC9-8EA8-5146F5956680

Nice fit. Did you install it on the stock Ford rack? Attach to the crossbars or side rails? How'd you get your hands/tools in there to attach the brackets?

Thanks.

BIGJIM

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice fit. Did you install it on the stock Ford rack? Attach to the crossbars or side rails? How'd you get your hands/tools in there to attach the brackets?

Thanks.
It is installed on the stock Ford roof rack, on the cross bars, it is mounted on the most forward mount and the aft mount (I have three crossbars. I had bought a third one off of Amazon, so the 3rd - center mount - is just there for emotional support). Reaching the back mounting brackets was a bit tough for the inside ones. For the forward ones I took off the roof panels. The include a nice little racheting 13MM open end/box end wrench. The air foam mattress and ladder are included, and it has interior LED lights. In the sunlight with full sun shining on it, it is almost blackout dark on the inside. Lots of other cool features to boot. I have another thread in this forum with some other pics.

Sponsored

ElDuderino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over the years (previous truck) I’ve tried a RTT, GFC, etc and eventually I’ve come full circle to learn that a simple ground tent is my preference. So far this is my 2Door camping set up. I’ve since added a few cooler tie down brackets to secure a cooler & water cans

Cool set up in the back.

When did you get your Step 22 bags? Every time I check the site out everything is sold out.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool set up in the back.

When did you get your Step 22 bags? Every time I check the site out everything is sold out.
Thanks! I’ve had these Step22 for a couple seasons now. I’ve been watching their site for months hoping to purchase another, they’ve been sold out for ages.

snownow

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just completed 25 nights in this set up. Completed the Dempster Highway in Canada. Badass rack with C6 Outdoors REV Tent, Yakima awning, and wolf packs for extra storage. The tent is light and can be pulled off and used like a traditional tent if needed. BTW she's a 2.3 MT badlands on 33's.

How does it look folded up? Wind noise? Looks like an easy comfy solution.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Over the years (previous truck) I’ve tried a RTT, GFC, etc and eventually I’ve come full circle to learn that a simple ground tent is my preference. So far this is my 2Door camping set up. I’ve since added a few cooler tie down brackets to secure a cooler & water cans

Interested in why you went back to the ground tent life?

Shopping around for an RTT to make fam camping more comfortable. Long time ground camper here because of the way I used my Tacoma with the exception of sleeping in the bed of the Tacoma on a ski trip and Sleeping in the cabin of the Bronco on another trip.

Biggest downsides to me in the ground tent was setup/take down time and needing to find a nice flat not rocky spot. Plus needing to move the bedding in and out every time.

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m struggling to decide between a rooftop tent, trailer or sleeping in the Bronco. I installed the Gobi rack in anticipation of getting an RTT. I’m looking for the easiest set up and tear down so that we can park sleep wake up drive more park sleep. The easier I make the act of packing to leave for the trip and easy set up / tear down I will be able to convince my husband to camp more often

Rooftop tent; Roofnest condor xl 2 which is $3,545 (was going to wait for a scratch & dent with wishful thinking of snagging one in the low $2ks) or nodamic 4 soft top $1,500 or the bushveld $2,500

OR
Getting an off road trailer (too expensive for me right now)

OR
Getting the air mattress for the back but then where would I put all my gear I don’t think I can fit everything on the roof

Any opinions?

IMG_1522.jpeg

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m struggling to decide between a rooftop tent, trailer or sleeping in the Bronco. I installed the Gobi rack in anticipation of getting an RTT. I’m looking for the easiest set up and tear down so that we can park sleep wake up drive more park sleep. The easier I make the act of packing to leave for the trip and easy set up / tear down I will be able to convince my husband to camp more often

Rooftop tent; Roofnest condor xl 2 which is $3,545 (was going to wait for a scratch & dent with wishful thinking of snagging one in the low $2ks) or nodamic 4 soft top $1,500 or the bushveld $2,500

OR

OR
Getting the air mattress for the back but then where would I put all my gear I don’t think I can fit everything on the roof

Any opinions?

Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! IMG_1522
There are some very inexpensive (in the grand scheme of things) roof top tents for less than $1,500. Even slightly used ones from mall crawlers on Facebook/craigslist.

You could Start with a ground tent (because those are very cheap), see how that works for you, and then upgrade to a cheap RTT just to see how that goes.

Personally, I've been using a ground tent but between the hassle of finding room for all the gear, set up/take down, and critters...my Inspired Overland will be here next week. Now I just have to figure out how to fit my Bronco in the Garage.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OR

OR

Any opinions?

Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! IMG_1522
Trailer by far will be your fastest option, especially if you get an offroad teardrop. Bed's already setup, gear's already set in the trailer all the time, etc. Add food, hook up and go. Issue of course is cost and it potentially limits the type of wheeling or exploring you can do.

As far as any soft shell RTT goes, I can pack up my ground tent setup as fast as most of my buddys who use them. They setup instantly of course but tear down is similarly timed. I would think a hardshell RTT is going to be more your cup of tea. Also sleeping inside the Bronco can be fast if you have everything stored on the rack or it is just one of you, but for two you will prob have to take out your fridge/cooler to make it happen.

I recently camped inside mine and the setup was perfect, fridge and gear on one side, my sleep gear already setup on the other. But for two people it becomes an issue of tetris.

53104373631_4d02eee1b9_4k.jpg
Untitled by Michael Halat, on Flickr
53104579349_65fabf1d1e_4k.jpg

I personally am looking at some sort of wedge tent for the Bronco eventually for the same reasons. I want my wife to come camping more so I want to make it more comfortable. Super fast setup and take down, bedding can stay up there, and low profile. Downside of course is the cost as the best wedge's are not cheap.

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are some very inexpensive (in the grand scheme of things) roof top tents for less than $1,500. Even slightly used ones from mall crawlers on Facebook/craigslist.

You could Start with a ground tent (because those are very cheap), see how that works for you, and then upgrade to a cheap RTT just to see how that goes.

Personally, I've been using a ground tent but between the hassle of finding room for all the gear, set up/take down, and critters...my Inspired Overland will be here next week. Now I just have to figure out how to fit my Bronco in the Garage.
I’ve had a ground tent for years, it’s an instant tent but the ease of the hard top rtt or trailers are appealing! Also being off the ground and easier to set up when arriving at camp late at night. At first I wanted a pop straight up one but now I want a fold out one for more room

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trailer by far will be your fastest option, especially if you get an offroad teardrop. Bed's already setup, gear's already set in the trailer all the time, etc. Add food, hook up and go. Issue of course is cost and it potentially limits the type of wheeling or exploring you can do.

As far as any soft shell RTT goes, I can pack up my ground tent setup as fast as most of my buddys who use them. They setup instantly of course but tear down is similarly timed. I would think a hardshell RTT is going to be more your cup of tea. Also sleeping inside the Bronco can be fast if you have everything stored on the rack or it is just one of you, but for two you will prob have to take out your fridge/cooler to make it happen.

I recently camped inside mine and the setup was perfect, fridge and gear on one side, my sleep gear already setup on the other. But for two people it becomes an issue of tetris.

Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! 53104579349_65fabf1d1e_4k
Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! 53104579349_65fabf1d1e_4k

I personally am looking at some sort of wedge tent for the Bronco eventually for the same reasons. I want my wife to come camping more so I want to make it more comfortable. Super fast setup and take down, bedding can stay up there, and low profile. Downside of course is the cost as the best wedge's are not cheap.
Yes I agree with you, a trailer would be the fastest. We’ve never towed before so a little scared of that. It’s also expensive like you said so if we go trailer I likely won’t be getting one anytime soon. Maybe if I could find a trailer with sleeping space for like $5k that can offroad then I would but I don’t think that’s possible to find! Lol

yeah I leave the new condor because to enter the tent you don’t have to set up awnings anymore it’s all 1 bar you just pull up. So that def is the quickest rtt set up. They’re the only brand that I see that has that in a fold out rtt.It’s just sooo expensive esp since it’s new. Then I think maybe I do soft top rtt for now and maybe trailer later but then the soft top rtt looks like it also takes time to set up and tear down that idk if worth adding the weight to the top when I already have an instant tent. Granted we’re off the ground and I feel like it would be easier to set up in the middle of the dark night since it’s already placed on top of the car it’s just unfolding it and doing the entrance awning to enter but I could be wrong

Yes I remember now I have a big fridge so sleeping inside doesn’t rly seem feasible for my husband and I. Plus soon we will be having a baby and long term having to fold and unfold the back row and inflate and deflate the mattress everytime we go somewhere or to the next destination would be annoying

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally soft top owners have options since last year. I opted with JCR. It’s super solid and completely trust my lightweight Inspired Overland on it. I took it off road to Lake Leavitt off highway 108 where the Marines train at 9400 elevation. It handled off road just fine! I use my own weight when climbing on my Bronco with the tent attached.

Now what I have to figure out is proper storage for all my stuff when I take my two full sized dogs. I’m going to maximize all my space after this last trip everything was organized when I left, but when I went to pack up I threw everything back in and bungee corded what I could so nothing would Fall on my friends.
Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! IMG_4410
Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! IMG_4417
Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! IMG_4418
Ford Bronco Let's see your roof-top Tents and camping setups! IMG_4412

IMG_4309.jpeg
Sponsored