Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s really not cheap feeling. I only have 8” screen and I’m happy too. And this is me coming from very high end trims, I decided to save money and got my bronco. Recently just traded in a ‘21 ram 2500 Cummins loaded to the max. I also owned a rubicon and honestly the bronco seems way better interior wise than my rubicon. Things may have changed since I had mine tho. I also owned a ‘20 king ranch and others, and also have a 22 timberline expedition now.

Only complaint is I’m a big guy at 6’4” 300lbs, and I have 2 kids so it can be tight sometimes. As long as adults arent riding in the backseat it’s fine, I don’t have friends anyways lol. I keep my seat more forward because of clutch use so that helps.
6'8"....tell my friends if they don't like squeezing they can always walk.....they get in
Sponsored

OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seriously, one of my first purchases was fingernail/ring paint protectors for the exterior door handles. Then I noticed I was getting fingernail scratches behind the interior handles you grab to close the doors. StickerFab made me protectors for this area that look great and eliminate this particular issue.

I do have the “wash out” interior and MGV it is super easy to clean. Sorry, but there is no place for carpeting in an off road vehicle.
Cool. Thanks for the tip. I don’t care about any kind of carpet. I’m glad there’s no carpet. I’m more concerned about the quality of the dash.

gdp

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regarding the plastic interior trim, I keep thinking that some kind of clear plastic, like ppf, in high contact areas should be the solution to scratch and scuff marks. Don't have mine yet to try but has anyone else tried it?

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cool. Thanks for the tip. I don’t care about any kind of carpet. I’m glad there’s no carpet. I’m more concerned about the quality of the dash.
The dash in my obx is nice. Especially for what it is. I’m glad it’s not soft touch because of the obvious issues with dirt, open top and doors. People who complain about the interior would complain about a Bentley. Here are some pictures of my off-roader 8k obx interior. I don’t baby it but I don’t throw shit around in it either. Totally agree about the plastics scratching but it’s hard plastic most do.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Jeverall

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We are used to luxury vehicles; which is why We chose the OBX. (Wanted more of lux/mall crawler vibe). We have the roast interior, It has leather, power seats 12” screen etc…. But it does not feel luxurious. Plus I think with the soft top and spare tire on the back, it will always have more of an off-road/“utilitarian” vibe. (Event with the painted fenders/mirrors etc) . I have 2 younger children as well that have scuffed the shit out of the back doors, getting in and out with their backpacks etc ….. So in a way, if it was more luxurious and they were scuffing it up, I would be more upset …. I’ve kind of come terms with understanding this is more like a base truck/Jeep vs a luxury vehicle.

been thinking of checking out the grand wagoneer….But you can’t take the top off and it doesn’t look as cool , and it is north of $100k (series iii) …So there’s that 🤣

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2022 OBX is being built soon and I’ve got some hesitations regarding the interior. I got the high package with 12 inch screen and the cloth seats.

I know it’s not a luxury vehicle at all but my wife in particular is used to higher end interiors. I’m imagining the interior to be super cheap plastic that doesn’t feel sturdy at all. I’m still waiting for my dealer to call me so I can physically see (and drive) for myself. Figured in the meantime I’d ask.

Anyone who currently has possession of their bronco pick it up with the same hesitation over the interior and if so what are your thoughts after owning?

Not looking for the “it’s an off road what do you expect?” comments.
yeah, honestly it’s going to be a daily driver for me and serve as the “suv” for the family. 2 car seat/booster aged kids in the back.
I think the biggest thing you need to ask yourself is whether you plan to use it off-road with the top down and the doors off. Since you are buying an Outer Banks, I’m assuming that off-road use is not a primary objective for you. However, if it is something you may dabble in, just be aware of what trail dust will do to the interior of an open topped vehicle.

See below for pics of my Bronco following a trail run a couple of weekends ago…

Ford Bronco Looking for interior input from current owners E7788992-5FAB-4590-932C-62347C722CBF
Ford Bronco Looking for interior input from current owners 45B0A33C-F897-4D50-BD3C-70915597970E
Ford Bronco Looking for interior input from current owners AD86EA0F-C3CF-4FC7-808F-4987A24710E6
Ford Bronco Looking for interior input from current owners E682AE21-BC58-46DE-9C41-660E2E520EA0
Ford Bronco Looking for interior input from current owners BD9017C3-AD7E-456C-84F0-E7532F287C98

If those kinds of adventures are in your future, you should consider your interior choices from a cleaning perspective (e.g., MGV/washout vs. cloth or leather). If not, then let your other objectives guide your decision.

Either way, I’m sure you will be happy with your decision, as long as you are realistic about your expectations. Hopefully you get scheduled soon. (y)

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have leather in our three other vehicles, BMW level interiors. The Bronco is similar to the 2017 4Runner I traded in as far as interior materials go, but nicer looking and so well laid out with plenty of brand-specific touches that are nice. I have an OBX with the cloth roast and absolutely love it…the comfort, look, details like the vintage looking ribbed back panels and blue stitching. Best Bronco interior option IMO if you’re planning on having the top off for any amount of time in the heat. Reminds me of an interior I had in the 80’s on an Eddie Bauer dark green Bronco. I went with Velocity Blue and the interior roast with blue touches in the stitching and grab handles/vents is perfect.

Ford Bronco Looking for interior input from current owners C7B555AB-F8CF-4977-8D85-0BC838DA7382
Ford Bronco Looking for interior input from current owners 6412F2B7-1339-4178-BBA2-95B6CFB21B92
Ford Bronco Looking for interior input from current owners 990B01B5-24AD-4452-B848-07EDAD577B92

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We've got the OBX with Lux and Leather and it feels nice in there. Traded in a Camaro with heated/cooled seats etc, so do miss creature comforts like that.

I will say that the plastics do mark incredibly easily, I banged my head on the rear door frame installing something the other night and left a mark in the plastic!

I've added a host of interior pieces, door pockets, door liners, seat back protectors, trunk mat, dash trim covers and inserts on my youtube channel, that might be worth a look for you:

https://www.youtube.com/c/CUPRADESIGN/videos

Sponsored
OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for the advice. I’m afraid to say there’s no off roading in my near future. I’ve got a build date of 9-12!

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

lux, leather makes the interior nice, plastic around door handles are my biggest gripe. Take a look at a f150 tremor, the interior is far superior to the bronco and still maintains an easy to clean and durable interior

Guardian1fox2

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also MGV and washout. No scratches really and my kids are little lol
Ford Bronco Looking for interior input from current owners 8C3B24BD-AC18-4E96-96D0-19F8A78F0FC9

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the advice. I’m afraid to say there’s no off roading in my near future. I’ve got a build date of 9-12!
Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you off from potential off-road adventures. Don’t get me wrong, you can still take it off-road and have a great time, but you may want to do it with the top and doors on if you don’t want to spend a lot of time cleaning the interior afterwards. Regardless, all of the interior options can be cleaned… just some easier than others.
Sponsored