First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Originally I was in the "Luxe is overpriced" camp. Then I started thinking that I wouldn't have to bother hiding away my phone charger and garage door opener every single time I parked the truck without the top on. For me, the Luxe package isn't exactly Luxury, more Convenience (especially when you add in how convenient the Adaptive Cruise is).

Chris
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Only took one drive for my wife to be convinced adaptive cruise is worth it. Makes traffic so much more tolerable on the highway. As it gets cold, heated steering wheel shows its value.

I love watching the inevitable train of people mindlessly slaved behind each other due to adaptive cruise control when i'm on long drives.

Always in the middle or passing lane, 4-6 cars long, stuck behind one driver not "keep right except to pass", everybody blissfully happy to have handed off the duties of operating their potentially deadly machinery to a sensor, brake light roulette shining like twinkling Christmas lights as their subconscious checked out an hour ago as to their actual speed.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love watching the inevitable train of people mindlessly slaved behind each other due to adaptive cruise control when i'm on long drives.

Always in the middle or passing lane, 4-6 cars long, stuck behind one driver not "keep right except to pass", everybody blissfully happy to have handed off the duties of operating their potentially deadly machinery to a sensor, brake light roulette shining like twinkling Christmas lights as their subconscious checked out an hour ago as to their actual speed.
This 100%. This is why traffic jams take for freakin' ever nowadays. When you have a ton of people with adaptive cruise just blissfully following behind grandma in the passing lane doing 15 mph under the speed limit. AAAGHH! This is why I drive a big truck. When I come up behind someone going really slow, the vast majority of people either speed up or move out of the way. They probably think I'll run them over lol, and I'm pleased to let them think that I will lol.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So really the Lux is about $8K, because first you have to be in Outer Banks, Badlands or Wildtrak to get it.

That’s a lot of money for a warm steering wheel, nice radio and adaptive cruise control.

Too much money.

F-it. Mid package wounds great.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I don't want power seats in this type of vehicle.
For a big guy, power seats are a welcome addition. The tilt wheel is manual and it's likely you'll need to move the seat or the steering wheel to get in and out. I don't want to be slamming the seat back and forth every time.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately, I'll be going power seats in the wife's BL if I want to drive it. Too much of a difference in seating heights and distance from the wheel between my wife and I. At least in our vehicles, it's set to the key fob so when I get into her jeep with my fob, it moves everything to my setting and vice versa. In my truck, she doesn't have her own fob but she has a #2 setting she pushes and even the pedals move up and closer for her.
Unfortunately, Bronco doesn't have the memory feature. That could end up being the deal breaker for me.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, Bronco doesn't have the memory feature. That could end up being the deal breaker for me.
Well that sucks. Feel bad for my wife then. Its one thing if I have to move the seat for my position but Im sure as heck not going to know her exact seating position to move it back for her each time.

Now you have me wondering if its something I can add after the fact. They cant say its because they dont want the memory seat switches exposed considering they already have the window up/down on the center console.

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure if this is new from Ford getting ready to release Build & Price, but if you go to the Mid Package Details it states that you get a 90 trial of the subscription Nav. I assume that is also the case with the High Package because it states nothing, but with the Lux Package you get 3 full years of subscription Nav before you would need to renew. Kind of nice if you aren't a fan of Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, but obviously not necessary if you have a smart phone.

Mid Package Details:
Ford Bronco Lux package not worth it at all Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 3.12.56 PM

Lux Package Details:
Ford Bronco Lux package not worth it at all Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 3.13.16 PM

wt_bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco WIldtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The one option in this package I want, is the USB chargers and mount on the dashboard. I have a reservation for a 2 door Wildtrak, wasn't planning on any "upgrades" aside from the tow package and rock rails. Wish the USB dash charger and mount were a stand alone upgrade option.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not sure if this is new from Ford getting ready to release Build & Price, but if you go to the Mid Package Details it states that you get a 90 trial of the subscription Nav. I assume that is also the case with the High Package because it states nothing, but with the Lux Package you get 3 full years of subscription Nav before you would need to renew. Kind of nice if you aren't a fan of Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, but obviously not necessary if you have a smart phone.

Mid Package Details:
Ford Bronco Lux package not worth it at all Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 3.13.16 PM

Lux Package Details:
Ford seems to be toning down it's offerings. I believe that 3 year subscription was always 5 years and satellite radio went from 6 months to 3 months.

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it’s a little speedy, but NavTV and go for the aftermarket upgraded sound
Sponsored