Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I realize Lux includes Mid and High, so the price includes those...I see it as, if you want Lux, its $5k...Mid($1500)+High($1200)+Lux($2300)=$5000.
I would love to be wrong, still hoping these prices drop.
Outer Banks includes mid as standard, so I'll only need to go up 2 levels.
Sponsored

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel packages vs individual options is just a middle finger to most customers on a budget. I agree with the assessment on the lux. All worthless to me except possibly the adaptive cruise control.

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So for 2300$ from High to Lux they offer us:
1) "2 additional front row smart-charging USB ports" - 10$ car charger on Amazon
2) "Wireless charging pad" - wireless car charger - 35$ on Amazon
3) "Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System" - built-in in Android Auto/Apple Carplay - free
4) Heated steering wheel - OK (how often is it used?)
5) "Evasive Steering Assist" - you need to start maneuvering by yourself, why not finish by yourself? but OK.
6) "B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer" - OK
7) "Adaptive Cruise Control" - this is the only feature I really need.
8) "Universal garage door opener" - OK, but device which can open any garage door costs 150$

Then, funny fact - necessary hardware for "Adaptive Cruise Control" and "Evasive Steering Assist" is already included in lower trims! (radar + camera). This is only software-activated feature.
I really hope "Adaptive Cruise Control" will be available ala carte.

So for 2300$ we have in reality:
Subwoofer, heated wheel, 200$ accessories from Amazon and few software-activated features. Really??

What's your thoughts?
I've been trying to adapt to adaptive cruise control for 11 years....can I order non adaptive?

Boxmonkey

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a new bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s the lux package. As in luxury, like it’s a luxury to have these things. By definition not a value package.

But, even if you can add some of these things aftermarket for much cheaper it’ll be a bunch of wires sticking out of your dash. I like the integration. The wireless charger is something I’d love to have. Put the phone in it’s spot and not hafta muck around with wires.

Sponsored

KADNC

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler JKU Anvil, 2012 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really want the better sound system from the factory. It is interesting...I signed up for OBX, but things like this have me convinced I will get a Black Diamond.

I've bought many cars in my life, but only 2 new ones. The first taught me a lesson about depreciation. The second was an almost base level Wrangler. It is a tough to think about optioning out a Bronco to over $50k.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I don't want power seats in this type of vehicle.
Unfortunately, I'll be going power seats in the wife's BL if I want to drive it. Too much of a difference in seating heights and distance from the wheel between my wife and I. At least in our vehicles, it's set to the key fob so when I get into her jeep with my fob, it moves everything to my setting and vice versa. In my truck, she doesn't have her own fob but she has a #2 setting she pushes and even the pedals move up and closer for her.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Only took one drive for my wife to be convinced adaptive cruise is worth it. Makes traffic so much more tolerable on the highway. As it gets cold, heated steering wheel shows its value.

Flex got bad on its packages later on. If you want EcoBoost, it's $7k and bundled with the full technology package (seats, steering wheel, powerfold, active parking).

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, I'll be going power seats in the wife's BL if I want to drive it. Too much of a difference in seating heights and distance from the wheel between my wife and I. At least in our vehicles, it's set to the key fob so when I get into her jeep with my fob, it moves everything to my setting and vice versa. In my truck, she doesn't have her own fob but she has a #2 setting she pushes and even the pedals move up and closer for her.
I get that, my wife's Escalade is set up with our FOBs and it is nice. I just prefer jumping in and slamming the seat to the rear from wherever she had it set. I liked it when I had the FJ. Super fast adjustment. amd I always have it all the way back. I don't want wires near the floor in case it does get wet, and I think it will.