Lux package really worth it over High?

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Toyota includes ACC on a base-ass Corolla, so it can't be that expensive.

Ford designed the trims/packages to push as many folks into the most expensive configurations possible for the first couple years while every Bronco is sold before it's even built. When supply catches up to demand, you'll see things like ACC, the big screen, etc. offered on lower trims (Jeep did exactly this with the JL).
again , key here is manufacturing scale. toyota pumps those out like its going out of style. they can cut corners on everything but safety since its a peoples car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sparky32

Sparky32

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4 series conv, Ford F150, Maserati GranT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same
I have a heated steering wheel today. Upgrading to a vehicle that costs 2x as much as my current vehicle without the heated steering wheel would feel like somethings wrong or missing
Yeah this thread has talked me into it.... Was going around and around, but going 4 door OBX with MIC, roof rails, 4.27 gears and Lux package and will add my own lift and tires after. Gets me below $50k where i wanted to be and with the TX buyers deal $1K below invoice i should come out OK.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same
I have a heated steering wheel today. Upgrading to a vehicle that costs 2x as much as my current vehicle without the heated steering wheel would feel like somethings wrong or missing
I've had heating steering and seats for years now. I very rarely use the heated seats but the steering wheel is a must at this point.

Although heated seats with the top off will be nice. :)

tomdaniel

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What if I want to use the trail maps feature?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Imagine your life not being saved because you didnā€™t get the evasive steering.
And since it's that important, why is only on the OB and Lux??? Why not on all the other trims??? Huh?? Riddle me that.

Sponsored

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. "Lane-Keeping System" is part of the Co-Pilot 360 that is included in the mid package.

The high package adds the 360 camera and the "Forward Sensing System"

Lux package adds adaptive cruise and evasive steering assist.

I suspect the hardware needed for evasive steering is present in the mid or high package and is software activated for the lux package.
If that's the case, maybe it can be activated later using a 3rd party tool such as FORScan or similar.
Actually the Co-Pilot360 package adds adaptive cruise and evasive steering assist, which makes the cost difference between High and Lux that much harder to swallow

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 10.35.16 AM.png

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, they kind of threw some things in that they knew people would go after no tmatter what...and drag the rest of the package with it. I guess a good move on their part, but it sucks they don't offer more ala carte options.
We don't know if they might. This is not the order, yet....so until we sit down with the dealer....

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless I'm missing something and you can only add the 360 package if you have the Lux package? This is a bit confusing...

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unless I'm missing something and you can only add the 360 package if you have the Lux package? This is a bit confusing...
No, they have a 360 package, but it apparently isn't an ALL thing....there are parts.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ah yes! The experience of driving down the interstate for hours at a time! Such an experience!

Driving can be an experience, but it doesnā€™t always mean itā€™s a good experience. Some of these features are safety and some are convenience. I donā€™t understand the aversion to these systems. I understand not wanting to pay for them, but if they are there, why not use them?

Iā€˜m not thrilled at the price, but upgraded sound system, wireless charging, ACC, evasive steering, and door opener are nice features to have for me.

Sponsored

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not worth paying lux for heated steering wheel... It was a must for me, but i cant afford it.

Ill just heat the bronco more before taking it.

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it seems other than a few safety features i'm paying a lot of extra $$ for the B&O system a wireless charger and a garage door transmitter (which I cannot believe is not standard), pretty sure the bottom of the line Mitsubishi comes with transmitter these days?? Can you knowledgeable guys tell me what i'm missing?
Nope, don't forget its an off road Truck!!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah yes! The experience of driving down the interstate for hours at a time! Such an experience!

Driving can be an experience, but it doesnā€™t always mean itā€™s a good experience. Some of these features are safety and some are convenience. I donā€™t understand the aversion to these systems. I understand not wanting to pay for them, but if they are there, why not use them?

Iā€˜m not thrilled at the price, but upgraded sound system, wireless charging, ACC, evasive steering, and door opener are nice features to have for me.
How does evasive steering differ from lane keeping I wonder....? And the Forward monitoring or whatever, isn't that the automatic braking others describe it as? And isn't that part of 360 anyway? Ford is not clear on all these things.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
again , key here is manufacturing scale. toyota pumps those out like its going out of style. they can cut corners on everything but safety since its a peoples car.
'Scale' is all well and good, but Toyota also includes ACC standard on low-volume vehicles like the Sequoia and Mirai. So there goes that argument.

Besides, I believe every mainstream automaker sources their ACC systems from OEMs like Bosch, so these systems have reached full economy of scale. Ford just thinks they can push folks to higher trims/packages by putting ACC in the top package only available on the top trims. It's working on me! I can't go back to no ACC.
Sponsored