First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has 63 miles on it, so not enough data to know if there is a problem yet. I would drive it until it breaks and then demand a loaner vehicle until the repair is complete.
Sponsored

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had four Ford manuals over the years. ('88 Ranger 4-cyl/stk, 2003 Ranger 4-cyl,stick, 06 Mustang 6-cyl, stick. the secretary version.) Now the Bronco. Each vehicle's transmission has lasted a very long time. I think as others have said, unfortunately you got a bad one.

Last edited:

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like throw out bearing. Does it completely go away when the clutch is pressed in?

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6G,

Well, I need a pillow to cry on. My bronco made it to the 7000 mile mark before its first issue. I always had a little grinding noise from the transmission but figured it was time to get it checked out as it was getting progressively louder, see attached video. From what the service techs are telling me it needs to be replaced with no time line on availability! Spring is finally here in the pacific northwest with summer rapidly approaching....the sun is even shining today. The dealer said I could drive it in the meantime, but what about catastrophic failure? What would you do?

- Mark
:(

Sucks but I'd send it... if it breaks, get it towed in.

OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like throw out bearing. Does it completely go away when the clutch is pressed in?
I'm unsure....I'm going to pick it up from the dealer on Monday. I think it is better off sitting in my driveway than their lot. If it was an easy fix I'm "sure" they would have figured it out. Who knows?

Sponsored

AllthePonies

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT and Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Personally I'd roll the dice and drive it, I couldn't wait months. But I'd be royally peeved since I take a lot of long trips and this would limit it to just daily driving.

3600 now and no sign of grinding. I'm guessing they're either bad from the start or you're in the clear, at least I hope.
My manual makes a bit of noise in cold weather. I hope that it’s normal. I guess we’ll see, but if mine goes down I’m going to drive it until the bitter end (or the conclusion of the 5 year/60k power train warranty).

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've had four Ford manuals over the years. ('88 Ranger 4-cyl/stk, 2003 Ranger 4-cyl,stick, 06 Mustang 6-cyl, stick.
Transmission in my 08 grenaded while doing about 90 on I-10 between Phoenix and LA with only 140,000 miles on it.

Locked up the driveshaft and I left a 100 ft skid while trying to not get rear ended by the semi truck that was riding my ass.

Was cheaper to put in a low mileage tranny from a wreck than to rebuild it.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait what! Where do you see this information???? You have to be kidding me!
I'm a dealer. Ford has a part inquiry/ordering system called DOW that shows us if a part is in stock at one of their warehouses, how many there are, price and has a "remarks" section that is basically a few lines of info letting us know if a part(s) are on back order, possible back order time line and reason. MOD bumper for example now has a "remark" stating that the supplier has a labor shortage which would explain why some of the service parts are hard to get and maybe why it's a production constraint.

A lot of the time this info is fluid so don't look at the "off b/o" date as gospel. On the in transit screen it shows 16 on backorder (ordered for a vehicle, not stock) and 5 in transit. You are likely one of the 16 but there's no way to say where in the order ranking. If you are undrivable (VOR, aka vehicle off road) and emergency order, that's about all the priority the dealer can do. It's a function of where you are in that group of 16.

Just trying to explain why dealer gave you the answer they did. It's based on what what we can see on Ford's end and somewhat lack of solid timelines. Hope this makes sense.

Ford Bronco Manual Transmission in for replacement! 1650886360806

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I dropped my Bronco off at a dealer on March 31st. Still no ETA as of this morning on when they will receive a replacement transmission. They gave me a loaner when I dropped it off and labeled it as inoperable/off the road on the paperwork. I'll be surprised if I can even enjoy it this summer. I'll probably just be stuck with another miserable winter experience.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For now you're putting miles on a free loaner car, not the worst case scenario. At some point (a couple months in) I'd ask them to lemon law it and buy it back and look for another Bronco. I'm not sure if that is an option in Canada.

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have this same issue actually. I noticed it only makes that grinding sound when the engine is cold. After it warms up I don't get that. I should go get it checked now.

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's made by Getrag, not FoMoCo.
I'm not a fan of Getrag Transmissions. I replaced my 2012 Mustang GT's with a Tremec T-56 Magnum XL, when the Getrag failed.

OP
OP
PatioDaddio78

PatioDaddio78

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have this same issue actually. I noticed it only makes that grinding sound when the engine is cold. After it warms up I don't get that. I should go get it checked now.
I got it checked out because a transmission should not sound like a blender! Maybe there are a bunch of rocks in the gear box?

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's made by Getrag, not FoMoCo.
Ford generates specifications, approves designs, and performs QC on all components. Nearly every component in a Ford is not "made by FoMoCo," but outside vendors to Ford's specifications. Ford mostly assembles vehicles from parts made by other companies.

Ford is ultimately responsible for the result of the end product and to try and shuffle off responsibility to a supplier that Ford vetted and selected that's building products to Ford's specifications is ridiculous.
Sponsored