First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer Inventory vs Manufacturers build sheets. Currently no dealers have mid trim wranglers with manual on the lots but Jeep says they will make them.
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or find a dealer that will stock a mid-trim manual or my preference find a dealer that won't charge 3-4k more (@ChrispyKC) for you to order what you want.
thatā€™s the key tho. be nice to a dealer and have them order one when they order their batch. And that will cut down in destination and delivery. But still the wait time.

Point is youā€™ll never be able to go to your local dealer and drive one off the lot same day with out prior agreements.

I live 10 miles from the Jeep Wrangler plant. And 10 miles from my house there is only 30 manual wranglers. 14 sports 8 rubicons. 8 Sahara.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dealer Inventory vs Manufacturers build sheets. Currently no dealers have mid trim wranglers with manual on the lots but Jeep says they will make them.
So, what you're saying is they DO offer them

got it

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Manual transmission C2B87B0E-C2E9-40C5-A1C5-449D83F5ECAE

You can make it. But it doesnā€™t exist. Lol.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I mostly read the whole thread no one mentioned the real reason to get a manual.

Push start.

You know when you left it unlocked an the neighborhood delinquent broke in but was too scared to close the door and the dome light drained the battery.

You hop in, listen to the clicks, curse, then praise yourself for parking downhill, hop out give it a good shove hop in, pop the clutch and off you go.

Seriously though, have always had a manual because I'm cheap but am seriously considering the 10 speed.

Snow performance is my biggest concern. I really like controlling the gears when it is slick.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I mostly read the whole thread no one mentioned the real reason to get a manual.

Push start.

You know when you left it unlocked an the neighborhood delinquent broke in but was too scared to close the door and the dome light drained the battery.

You hop in, listen to the clicks, curse, then praise yourself for parking downhill, hop out give it a good shove hop in, pop the clutch and off you go.

Seriously though, have always had a manual because I'm cheap but am seriously considering the 10 speed.

Snow performance is my biggest concern. I really like controlling the gears when it is slick.
Still can control the gears in the auto. Buttons on the shifter up and down.

but absolutely, working for a certain towing company. Guy had a dead starter in a 80s f250. Had a nice driveway on a hill.
Rolled down the hill and fired right up. No towing required

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still can control the gears in the auto. Buttons on the shifter up and down.

but absolutely, working for a certain towing company. Guy had a dead starter in a 80s f250. Had a nice driveway on a hill.
Rolled down the hill and fired right up. No towing required
I ran my 92 ranger for a month with no starter, just pushing her down the row in wal mart parking lot or wherever to get her started.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am curious on the controls for the automatic. Most of the automatics I've driven have been on cheap old cars and contolling the gears was a PITA. I test drove a transit with the 10 speed and was impressed with the how smooth the transmission was. I don't recall how the shifter was set up and if it had a "manual" mode. Plus will the manual mode will always hold the gear (as someone mentioned previously).

I also wonder about how the engine/transmission/electronics will be set up. I have a 2016 subaru with the manual and it is the worst manual I've had. I finally got disgusted with it and google searched it IE I am just getting old and forgot how to shift or does this thing suck? What I got out of the search was that it sucked (and I am old) but also that one of the reasons it sucked was a pollution control issue. Something about "rev hang Subaru has been building into the ECM for emission control. This "feature" tells the throttle plate to stay open for a second after your foot is removed from the gas pedal so the engine doesn't run rich triggering excessive pollution."

My wife has a ford fiesta st and it doesn't do the rev hang so hopefully the Bronco won't either.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too many choices - I'm in analysis paralysis. :)

Thanks for the info, the new transmissions and fancy programming are far better than the old automatics but I will likely never use all those options. I just want set it and forget it. Predictable and consistent are key for me. Maybe this time I'll learn how to use all the fancy features (everything I ever bought that had fancy shit I was going to learn how to use never got used. I've got a fancy new phone that I use like a flip phone, although I did just install an inclinometer/level app so maybe there is hope for me)

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I "thought" that this was a Manual Transmission thread..... :p

Can we get someone to throw the chairs when someone starts talking about Automatic Transmissions???;)

Sponsored

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I "thought" that this was a Manual Transmission thread..... :p

Can we get someone to throw the chairs when someone starts talking about Automatic Transmissions???;)
I think chairs is spoken for in the SFA/IFS debates. What about book bags?
Ford Bronco Manual transmission Bags

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All these complaints about auto complexity...

Just drive a manual - once you get used to it, you never have to think about it. And your brain adjusts the ā€œsettingsā€œ to how you want it.
Sponsored