Sponsored

Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am definitely interested in your buyer group. I have a Wildtrack 4 Door reserved, currently with Tindol Ford in Gastonia NC (suburb to Charlotte NC). This will be my first Ford so have no allegiance whatsoever. Having NC in your buyer group will really add some steam to this as it looks like we have a lot of active participants from the Tarheel State!
Sponsored

ScaryVersion

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tahoe LTZ, 2013 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just my 2 cents. I don't think it would hurt to start talking to dealers now. I see it as a way to give us more time to talk to different dealers and see who wants our business. Since alot of us will have to go through the process of changing dealers which the more time we have the better to do that.

Just a thought.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just my 2 cents. I don't think it would hurt to start talking to dealers now. I see it as a way to give us more time to talk to different dealers and see who wants our business. Since alot of us will have to go through the process of changing dealers which the more time we have the better to do that.

Just a thought.
Would it make sense to give it until next week and then do a poll on what we all want to do? I am facilitating, but as a group, we need to decide. We also are going to want to decide who speaks for the group.

klyders

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford xlt supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Count me in! I"m using Koons Ford in Baltimore-live 75 miles away in West(by God)Virginia.:D

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Everyone, I agree that we still have time to grow, but it is outstanding that we have so many future Bronco owners that would like to team! Please respectful of your Dealers and patient as we target the best time to approach the Dealers as a group.

Yes, we want an OUTSTANDING deal, but we also do not want the Dealers to feel we are threatening them. In the end, this is a business deal. The Dealer is not going to give Broncos to us for free. The strategy is that they can make more money with the volume (as well as bragging/advertising/Ford purchasing POWER!). WIN-WIN is our goal.

Please send @perfectburrito your intel. We also want to target Dealers that are known for Customer Service and Ethical Behavior. We will be likely all be driving to get our Bronco and the Dealer needs to be able to help you get in, get out, and get your Bronco home!

25 PLUS confirmed is a lot of buying power! Let's keep increasing our strength to makes us attractive as possible to a Dealer.

I sent email invites to as many people as I could from the reservation page. Feel free to let other future Bronco owners know of this group!
I totally agree. We don't want to come off like a bunch of d*cks. This could backfire in the long run if the dealers start pushing back on Ford. Like it or not, the dealer model of car sales is here to stay. I love Tesla's sales model, but the car dealers are a powerful group and it will be tough to push them aside. Not to mention all the jobs they support.

Sponsored

Donanderson339

Badlands
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be interested in joking I will be buying a bronco regardless my reservation is with Preston ford talked to them and their will be no adm since ford has told them they won’t allow any dealer to do so I have. Good relationship with this dealer since I have bought a few cars from them over years and they are a volume dealer some should they talking to them for this

award1492

Black Diamond
First Name
Nalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll be driving by both you and @rcbickle this week on my way to inspect our hopefully new house on Tilghman island and getting out of baltimore city. We were looking at both Annapolis outskirts and Kent Island but couldn't find anything that spoke to us ... and everything decent is getting snatched up super fast, our Tilghman one was only 3 days on market.
Tilghman Is. that’s good living. Some of the best crabbing in the mid Bay. Beautiful area. Congrats!

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can put me under "tentative." I have a 4-door FE reserved with Fairway Ford in Burgaw, NC. I'm a definite buyer but not sure if I'll switch dealers yet.

E-mailed with sales for a bit but haven't gotten final word on ADM or x-plan.

Not sure how far I'll drive for a deal at this point, but probably no further than Richmond, VA or so. Really depends.

Thanks for doing this!

Last edited:

Sponsored

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a thought.
Would it make sense to give it until next week and then do a poll on what we all want to do? I am facilitating, but as a group, we need to decide. We also are going to want to decide who speaks for the group.
The main reason I don't think we should be in a hurry is that much of the specific pricing remains to be seen, especially accessories. A good portion of people on the list haven't committed to models or trims, much less mid/high/luxury packages and whether or not to squatch their rig. The dealerships don't have price lists and don't know their margins, so we'd all be trying to negotiate blind. That's not likely to get us a great deal.

We have until 31 Oct to change our dealership if we choose. If people want to use their one chance to switch to jump on the offers Koons or Granger has out, I don't blame them because they're fair deals given what we know today. I just think we can do better when we know more in a month or so.

Just my 2 cents, for whatever it's worth. I don't claim to lead this group and I will keep all the data I have public for us to use however we choose.

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Please add me to list. I'm located in Philly PA, I can do VA,MD,PA,DE. I have two reservations (Badlands, WildTrak) with John Kennedy In Conshohocken. I haven't talked with them yet.
I'm definitely buying.
NE philly here.. cant wait for this truck...

RavenousHokie

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford EScape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in for a group buy. I'm in Northern VA and have reserved a 4 door badlands at Ted Britt Fairfax currently. I am definitely buying, mine WILL convert to an order. If a group buy can get me best deal, I'm in and will switch dealers. I'm hopeful Gardner Britt will step up with a good deal as I have had great experiences at Ted Britt Fairfax with previous vehicles.

K9Boscoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am tentatively reserved with Koons Annapolis, MD, but have no loyalty to them. I am not aware of any incentives and I have no way of getting the X plan. If the grouping price works, willing to travel wherever. I am a definite buyer, and at this time, I think its going to be a 2door Black Diamond, its my retirement gift! Say where & when! Thanks for putting this together.

ScaryVersion

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tahoe LTZ, 2013 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The main reason I don't think we should be in a hurry is that much of the specific pricing remains to be seen, especially accessories. A good portion of people on the list haven't committed to models or trims, much less mid/high/luxury packages and whether or not to squatch their rig. The dealerships don't have price lists and don't know their margins, so we'd all be trying to negotiate blind. That's not likely to get us a great deal.

We have until 31 Oct to change our dealership if we choose. If people want to use their one chance to switch to jump on the offers Koons or Granger has out, I don't blame them because they're fair deals given what we know today. I just think we can do better when we know more in a month or so.

Just my 2 cents, for whatever it's worth. I don't claim to lead this group and I will keep all the data I have public for us to use however we choose.

These are really good points. And I think it would make it hard to finalize numbers until all those are addressed.

Maybe just letting dealers know what we are doing and gauging interest?

It can't hurt for dealers to know they can fight for our business.

Either way I am in. I think the more we all talk the better our ideas are.

Keep up the good work!!!
Sponsored