Sponsored

Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD?

IIISHIFTYIII

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm out of Richmond and have my reservation through Richmond Ford. I reached out to them and they stated they would not be adding any ADM but Id be willing to transfer my reservation for a good deal.
Sponsored

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its definitely a risk, sort of like letting someone see your poker hand. I’d argue that there’s really not that much for us to be cagey about - we obviously want to buy Broncos, they obviously want to make a boatload of money.

For my part, I welcome dealership participation and think its in our best interest to share as much about who we are as we can. I’d also be uncomfortable collecting data like this and keeping it private. I don’t want anyone to get wise ideas about me collecting this stuff for my own purposes or profit. (Full disclosure: I’m not. I work in aerospace/defense and am X-Plan eligible, so I don’t stand to benefit that much. I’m just a dork for data analysis)

Additionally, the Finance Director for a local dealership responded to the survey and has made it clear that their dealership is here to make fair deals for happy customers. This isn’t an endorsement, just confirming that the dealerships are aware of us. And I think that’s a good thing.

EDIT: I’ll also add that my main reason for getting involved in this is that it chapped my ass a bit that Ford assigned my purchase to a dealership that never had to compete for my business. This seems like a quick way to put our finger on the scale and tip things back into balance. If all that comes from this group is establishing a baseline offer dealerships can put together that would cause us to stay put, is that a problem?
You the man. Thanks for doing this!

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have looked into it..

Even by the truckload it would cost so much per Bronco to get them to the East or West coast...

I have been quoted 1500 east and 1300 west per vehicle per truckload...

Hopefully @Mickeysales or @NayNay can get something worked out for you East Coast residents...

They are on the forum and trying to earn your business...
If @Mickeysales could work something out they would also get people from the NJ/NY/CT/PA thread.

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

All,

I was looking for intel. I see that a New England Group like us is forming. Looks like this concept is catching a tailwind. @Granger Ford gave some advice that I think will apply to us:

"If it were someone to do that approaching our store, I would ask for the:
  1. Fleet Manager
  2. Internet Manager
  3. Sales Manager
  4. General Manager
  5. Owner

In that order to see who you have to work with first.

Then have a prospective list of Reservations willing to move to them...

Ask what is available from them:
  • MSRP - Window Sticker
  • Invoice -
  • Invoice minus some $$ -
  • X plan availability -
  • any other temptations that may get offered.
I will reach out to them and, like the other group, share ideas!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-purchase-at-a-single-dealer.3628/post-122189

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All,

I was looking for intel. I see that a New England Group like us is forming. Looks like this concept is catching a tailwind. @Granger Ford gave some advice that I think will apply to us:

"If it were someone to do that approaching our store, I would ask for the:
  1. Fleet Manager
  2. Internet Manager
  3. Sales Manager
  4. General Manager
  5. Owner

In that order to see who you have to work with first.

Then have a prospective list of Reservations willing to move to them...

Ask what is available from them:
  • MSRP - Window Sticker
  • Invoice -
  • Invoice minus some $$ -
  • X plan availability -
  • any other temptations that may get offered.
I will reach out to them and, like the other group, share ideas!

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-purchase-at-a-single-dealer.3628/post-122189
I just want to thank @rcbickle and @perfectburrito for the work they've put in organizing this. I think we've got a great opportunity here. I also want to apologize to @Granger Ford , you've been extremely upfront, honest and helpful. These regional groups aren't trying to steal customers from you. Just trying to make sure all of us Bronco fans can get a fair deal.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want to thank @rcbickle and @perfectburrito for the work they've put in organizing this. I think we've got a great opportunity here. I also want to apologize to @Granger Ford , you've been extremely upfront, honest and helpful. These regional groups aren't trying to steal customers from you. Just trying to make sure all of us Bronco fans can get a fair deal.
No apology needed we cannot sell all of the Broncos and we have a good share of them already..

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No apology needed we cannot sell all of the Broncos and we have a good share of them already..
I know it would be pretty sweet if you could haha. But for some of us, the travel cost and time off work is limiting. But thanks again for being upfront and honest in a time where that's seldom seen. Good luck my friend, we've got a long way to go before the 6g rally

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have at least one poster here with negotiations experience, granted hostage negotiations is probably wrong vibe, but the skills are needed!

Does anyone else on the thread have experience with business/contract negotiations? Were you part of a large buy for your business that had a lot of back and forth, give and take? Does anyone have a reputation for "driving a hard bargain"?

Please reach out to @rcbickle or myself if you do. We need to get a group of decision-makers together to start steering this ship and I really don't want to oversell myself here. I have some experience with negotiations in a business-to-business environment, but not very much and never as the lead. A handful of you have reached out and taken an equally active interest in this group and driving a good bargain as I have, so if you think you bring value to this, raise your hand please!

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We have at least one poster here with negotiations experience, granted hostage negotiations is probably wrong vibe, but the skills are needed!

Does anyone else on the thread have experience with business/contract negotiations? Were you part of a large buy for your business that had a lot of back and forth, give and take? Does anyone have a reputation for "driving a hard bargain"?

Please reach out to @rcbickle or myself if you do. We need to get a group of decision-makers together to start steering this ship and I really don't want to oversell myself here. I have some experience with negotiations in a business-to-business environment, but not very much and never as the lead. A handful of you have reached out and taken an equally active interest in this group and driving a good bargain as I have, so if you think you bring value to this, raise your hand please!
I negotiate transactions as a career. I have been in contact and have negotiated a deal with Stephens Auto Center in WV as @rcbickle previously posted. I am getting the offer in writing soon for rcbickle and Stephens Auto will also be joining the forum a la @Granger Ford as Albert has set the standard in pricing and customer service. It is amazing how many sales folks have joined the forum to poach customers without adding value. I appreciate that Albert has provided a roadmap on how to treat the enthusiasts on this forum so other dealers in more convenient geographies can offer the rest of us a great deal. I think you will find Stephens Auto honest and easy to work with.

Sponsored

ScaryVersion

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tahoe LTZ, 2013 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would be willing to help. I am a National Sales manager for a small water treatment company.

I think we might be over thinking it though.
I would gusse everyone would be fine with -$1000 under invoice and -$1300 under with xplan. And that should be doable for most dealers for a larger qty buy like this.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just curious, supposedly the ordering opens in december and we get one chance to
swap dealers by end of october

if i have a super high reservation number, when will i have to actually order?

potentially, i'm looking at a '22 delivery and i'm thinking build options might be updated
for the 22 model year.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would be willing to help. I am a National Sales manager for a small water treatment company.

I think we might be over thinking it though.
I would gusse everyone would be fine with -$1000 under invoice and -$1300 under with xplan. And that should be doable for most dealers for a larger qty buy like this.
Agree with your assessment. We have a dealer willing to go $1000/$1300 under invoice on the western edge of this region, maybe a dealer on the eastern or northeastern edge to make it easier for the folks up in NJ, DE, MD, NOVA, etc. Otherwise, we already have someone providing the offer everyone was hoping for closer to home.

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
New from Brooklyn. Would be interested in joining group if the prices worked out. I've already considering going to Granger so distance is not an issue for me.

Deposit was for 4-door BD. With Squatch.
But seriously considering the WildTrak now.

Last edited:

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey I'm from Maryland. Please add me to your list of Bronco buyers. My reservation was for a 4 door Black Diamond.
Sponsored