Sponsored

Maryland Volume Buyers Group? or Maybe VA/PA/DE/MD?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Interesting. If a dealer waves destination, it is a net positive. Most MD dealers seem to gravitate towards the ~$500 documentation fees, but a higher amount with no destination is a net positive.
As we've already noted above though, if the destination charge is direct from Ford, what exactly is this dealer waiving? Hey it's possible it could be a good deal, but it already sounds like they are playing with numbers. And usually when that happens, you're in trouble. But at least @fwade4 is looking into it for you guys.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just out of curiosity (I belong to the NJ group). But my assumption is, x-plan being a set price but allows you to use available rebates (which there won't be 1st model year). So if those guys are doing $1000 under invoice but banging you for an $899 doc fee (which x-plan would limit, but they may not accept with their $1000 below), it just sounds a little bit shady. Though I'm sure you guys are being cautious, just shows to have all the info before any of us make the jump.

Sorry my thoughts were all over the place on this one. Hope it makes sense.
We welcome anybody's help. :) I have not calculated it against all models, but on the most expensive model there is still a savings from X-plan, but the savings clearly narrow. I do think we all need to really understand what is offered. @Granger Ford is pretty transparent, and their fees are pretty low. I think there are many of us that if travel costs, time, and mileage were magically washed away, would just go there. Not putting words in their mouth, but their bump of savings for X-plan keeps the whole of the savings.

We all need to look at the whole deal. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
rcbickle

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is why I am not sold with this dealership even if I have their offer in writing. Other dealership will do the same as i have experienced when buying from Jeep & Toyota in the area. They offer % discount under invoice but will try to charge you with other fees (destination fee, mandatory add ons). And if you ask for a document showing destination charges was not included yet, they can not explain it.

I will wait for our group to negotiate deals with dealers in the area. Hopefully, it will be straightforward like Granger's deal offer.
Patience is key. At this point, we all have nothing to lose. I don't want to discourage any discussions, and as we have said, we will not try and talk anyone away from a dealer (or another buying group) you have a relationship with. We also encourage dealers to look at this thread. We are not hiding anything and anyone we work with will have to be like us, OPEN AND HONEST. Ethics matter. Customer service matters. Price matters (meaning TOTAL Cost to drive YOUR Bronco off the lot). We want all three.

We have begun to get some volunteers to be the negotiation team. If that is what you do and want to be part of that team, reach out to me and @perfectburrito. There are a lot of us now and we want to get the people that know how this works planning and executing the negotiation.

I think that @perfectburrito and my intent remain simple, get us the best deal we can and then let you all decide. @perfectburrito as stated several times now why he is doing this. My reason is very similar, I just want a good deal for all of us and if we can do that as a group, I make a lot of new friends along the way! Well, and the fact that I am working from home and this is a fun distraction! We want to do this with time before the 10/31 deadline so everyone is not pushed for time with Ford.

bbacon05

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to get in on this, I'm definitely going to go through with buying one. Currently, I have two reservations. One for a 2 Door Big Bend at Bob Davidson Ford and one for a 2 Door Badlands at Apple Ford. I will be cancelling one and end up getting the Badlands trim

Sponsored

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just out of curiosity (I belong to the NJ group). But my assumption is, x-plan being a set price but allows you to use available rebates (which there won't be 1st model year). So if those guys are doing $1000 under invoice but banging you for an $899 doc fee (which x-plan would limit, but they may not accept with their $1000 below), it just sounds a little bit shady. Though I'm sure you guys are being cautious, just shows to have all the info before any of us make the jump.

Sorry my thoughts were all over the place on this one. Hope it makes sense.
To be fair, at least those fees were disclosed, and it appears without asking. The solution is simple, just ask! You don't get what you don't ask for.

I am more than happy to assist in negotiations. I'm no lawyer, but I tend to CYA on most things in life and it's worked out so far. If you want more bio, then message me privately please.

phobiarg

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST // 2017 2.7 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Updated my status in the survey. Things are looking better for me :)

JK2Raptor

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2020 Land Cruiser Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have two reservations:

#1. A 4-door Badlands at Beach Ford, Virginia Beach, VA. Emailed the salesman that I received an email from right after they received my reservation about any markups. It took a few days, but he called and told me they weren't doing any ADM on reservations. I didn't ask about X-plan, invoice, etc.

#2. A 4-door Wildtrak at Bowditch Ford, Newport News, VA. I bought my '18 Raptor from them because they were the only dealer in the area with no markups. I got it at sticker. Great family owned dealership. I called them between making my reservation at Beach Ford and not hearing back from the Beach salesman. The Bowditch manager told me they weren't doing any ADM for the Bronco. He even remembered me and buying the Raptor from them 2.5 years ago. I also didn't ask about X-plan, invoice, etc.

I've decided to keep both reservations for now. I'm definitely buying one...shit might buy both. :)

I'll contact both in the next few days and ask about discounts and what their dealer/doc fees will be.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updated Spreadsheet and Maps! Please check for your information on here and send any updates that are needed!

I also want to thank those of you that have stepped forward to volunteer to help! You should be hearing from me and @rcbickle shortly!

View attachment 25630 View attachment 25631 View attachment 25632
I have a question that might've been answered already. Have we picked a dealership? I am not beholden to any dealer so just wanted to know. thanks for all you guys are doing!

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question that might've been answered already. Have we picked a dealership? I am not beholden to any dealer so just wanted to know. thanks for all you guys are doing!
That's a good question and I suppose the group does need an update on what's going on behind the scenes....

No, a dealership has not been selected for an organized group buy effort at this time. Myself and @rcbickle will be working with 4 other individuals who have volunteered to help. One of the members has substantial experience with large buys like this and negotiations, and he has recommended a process for us to follow to have the best chance of success. We will be meeting off-line to organize the next steps, but here's the broad strokes:

1. Organize ourselves, collect information on the buy we wish to make, and what incentives we want the most. (This is already being done.)
2. Reach out to several dealerships and find out if they are interested in responding to a proposal like this. Respond to their questions and provide more information in an organized way.
3. Send a request for a proposal to the dealerships that are interested.
4. Evaluate the proposals we receive.

We will try to keep things as simple as possible and keep everyone on this thread as informed as possible. We would love to hear everyone's ideas and suggestions, as well as whatever contacts you might have with particular dealerships. If there are any dealership representatives reading this that would like to let us know you are interested, please reach out to me or @rcbickle directly.

I know this is a little disorganized at the moment. Hang tough and I think we'll figure out a deal that everyone will be happy with!

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@perfectburrito & @rcbickle I didn't volunteer to help since I have a lot going on over the next 6-8 weeks and I imagine that it going to be the primary negotiating time but I do have experience writing, reviewing and issuing RFPs and also evaluating the candidates and responses. I mostly deal in the professional services area (strategic consulting and/or software development) and would be happy to give an outside eye for review or editorial comments when you get to that point. I'd love to be move involved, but just can't commit.

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is a little disorganized at the moment.
I don't feel like it's disorganized! I personally feel like it will be best to wait until the B&P is available anyway.

I think the plan you just gave sounds perfect. Thank you all for doing the hard work! :)

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs