First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just watched it. Pretty awesome! They made the install look super easy.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was posted yesterday on the other thread. I figured he was getting Tibus, so was surprised they were 74Weld. I wonder why he cuts that endpiece off...

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Makes me more confident in our Rock Slides!!!! That is fun to see.
My next Upgrade....a shop lift!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This was posted yesterday on the other thread. I figured he was getting Tibus, so was surprised they were 74Weld. I wonder why he cuts that endpiece off...
They have to trim the CV shafts to fit inside the portal. Both portal makers require this and if you use Rcvs you will void your RCV warranty.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Lucky guy got his early.....

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lucky guy got his early.....
Was a smart move, Matt's gets lots of views. The video is one of the best so far showing a portal bronco wheeling. Broncbuster tents to just show hard obstacles with little reference. Nice to see portal 37s keep up with a rig on 40s.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Was a smart move, Matt's gets lots of views. The video is one of the best so far showing a portal bronco wheeling. Broncbuster tents to just show hard obstacles with little reference. Nice to see portal 37s keep up with a rig on 40s.
You are absolutely right. Smart move on Quinn's part. I have no problem with it.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

those are Sooo awesome. My only issue is the extra leverage and stress applied to the rear axle housing. The m220 rear axle is at its maximum capacity with 37-38" tires, and 40s and a heavy right foot will destroy the rear end... (mine lost both wheel bearings and broke the ring gear)... The extra leverage from the 3.8" of lift will most likely cause distortion at the center section that is already marginally strong enough.

My solution is to add the Ultimate Dana 60 rear axle FIRST, then add the portals later to the much stronger rear axle.

I'll start a thread showing the carnage and the new UD60 install next week when it arrives.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They have to trim the CV shafts to fit inside the portal. Both portal makers require this and if you use Rcvs you will void your RCV warranty.
what about Spicer ones?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Pretty sure Matt did his research, and realized right away the 74WELD portals are FAR superior in every way to the competition brands...

didn't that BB Idiot, that sells those overpriced tie rod braces, destroy a set of those Inferior x-brand portals???

you know, the ones he was bragging about???

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

those are Sooo awesome. My only issue is the extra leverage and stress applied to the rear axle housing. The m220 rear axle is at its maximum capacity with 37-38" tires, and 40s and a heavy right foot will destroy the rear end... (mine lost both wheel bearings and broke the ring gear)... The extra leverage from the 3.8" of lift will most likely cause distortion at the center section that is already marginally strong enough.

My solution is to add the Ultimate Dana 60 rear axle FIRST, then add the portals later to the much stronger rear axle.

I'll start a thread showing the carnage and the new UD60 install next week when it arrives.
I wonder if I could put the portals with my 35s for now, and add the Dana 60 and bigger tires later when the tread wears more. Eh, who am I kidding, I don't have $20k right now, and there's already a line. 🤣

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonder if I could put the portals with my 35s for now, and add the Dana 60 and bigger tires later when the tread wears more. Eh, who am I kidding, I don't have $20k right now, and there's already a line. 🤣
plus the price of the new 60...$27K ouch.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a huge difference in the capabilities of this Bronco.

However, $20k for the portals is a huge amount of money, so my question is, are you better off putting that $20K into tires/wheel/suspension upgrades, and would you end up with a more capable Bronco?
Sponsored