Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To @Jwells104 and @WheresMyBronco:

Regarding the weatherstripping on the body of the truck around the door frames - did you use one continuous piece for each door, like one big U-shape?

Thanks.
Yep, one continuous piece for each door and I tucked in the weatherstrooping under the rubber flaps at the end of each channel

drexbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you @BroncoWhisperer ! I ordered the weatherstripping from McMaster - arrived in three business days. Installed everything in less than 90 minutes - with my son helping. Took our time, approached it methodically. For those thinking about doing this, the photos are excellent. Once you remove the roof sections, routing the stripping per the photos is much easier to do than I anticipated. Could just be me.

Near total disappearance of wind noise. Measured only by my ears. Now, the tires seem louder šŸ˜‚

Thanks to all who have contributed to this and similar threads.

Subdude662

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is so much GOOD info in these threads!
Did this on my ā€˜23 WT.

TL;DR - individual results may vary

I used @BroncoWhisperer ā€™s shopping list and pics to do the job last night in about 2 hours my myself. Very straight forward. I also did the doors with the 93085K556 and it took just under 30 feet for all four. I originally messed up by using the thicker OD strip on one one of the doors and I Really had to slam it to shut all the way. Once I figured out my mistake it was smooth sailing after that.
My results didnā€™t seem SUPER drastic but here are my takeaways:

1. After doing all The weatherstripping and adjusting the two front brackets both inboard, definitely harder to latch the two front sections and you get a much tighter seal.
2. This eliminated pretty much ALL of any squeaks and creaks from the hard top.
3. Driving around town is much more quiet and engine and road noise from tires is a little more pronounced.
4. Highway driving under 70 mph there is noticeably less ambient noise.
5. Between 70 and 80 Iā€™d say itā€™s marginally better.
6. Over 80 mph - meh

A couple other things that I noticed: When itā€™s windy you seem to be able to hear more of the buffeting from the gusts vs general driving noise after doing all this. Since taking delivery last summer, when on the highway at speeds of 70 mph +, I would get a high pitched whistle when there is a crosswind of any sort of strength. Last night there was a pretty strong wind blowing and when I was doing my highway driving I was hoping this would eliminate that whistle, but it did not.
What did happen is that the whistle starts at a bit higher speed, and (maybe?) is slightly lower volume, but definitely still there.

All in all I think its worth it for me based on my results, Iā€˜d just really like to get this F-ing high pitched whistle to go away completely.
Sponsored

Last edited: