Sponsored

BroncRocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's my understanding. If you trace the path that the filter is in (you can see in the interior shots of the rear hatch off) it would make sense as a drain for any water that gets by the seals. I would recommend keeping it open - Water damage is worse than wind noise ;)
Is that supposed to take the place of the rain “gutters” like the ones on Jeeps?
Sponsored

dc3843

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks 2022 Saleen Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just finished my install this morning and honestly I don’t notice any difference. If anything after I finished the rear portion the truck seems louder. Wondering if I did something incorrectly. I have a 2 door, so it may be louder naturally also. Only part I haven’t done yet is the long “pool noodles” in the gutters. I can’t get mine to slide back with the back top in place. It’s a real tight fit. So I’m going to try and compress them a bit before trying again.

najay

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss 302, focus st, gen1 lightning, f250 7.3l 4wd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

All I did to fix my wind noise was to glue down the ends of the factory weatherstrips on the roof panels with 3m super weatherstrip adhesive and readjusted the front latch brackets (which were loose). The interior is noticeably quieter and we no longer have wind noise.

buschris

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
they must've fixed it, because I have 0 wind noise. Sept 19 build

Sponsored

tr3vahf3d

Black Diamond
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone done this and has measurable sound reduction?

ie: at 70mph cabin noise was 75db, after treatment, it was 73?

DavidJMorgan

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had similar results. Still looking for a fix. POJ roof could have been much better.

GiddyUp’21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander (2nd car while waiting 4 Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Flush fit was critical for me. The front panels took the most trial and error, particularly on the middle strip. Tried to get some pictures, but the panels do sit flush.
Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive download

Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive download

Front T-Joint

Front-Mid Split
I’m going to try this this afternoon. I wish my panels fit that flush from the factory. The rear of the front panels have always sat higher than the clamshell (2 door). Not even close and I’ve been to the dealer twice and tinkered with the front panels multiple times.

Anyone else have luck solving that issue?

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m going to try this this afternoon. I wish my panels fit that flush from the factory. The rear of the front panels have always sat higher than the clamshell (2 door). Not even close and I’ve been to the dealer twice and tinkered with the front panels multiple times.

Anyone else have luck solving that issue?
What’s the issue? No leaks or wind issue.

1700349408507.jpeg

GiddyUp’21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander (2nd car while waiting 4 Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s the issue? No leaks or wind issue.

Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive 1700349408507
Your front panels sit flush with back. Mine came from factory not quite sitting that low. There are hundreds or thousands out there like this and I’m convinced it’s the main source of the “open window” noise effect.

Any suggestions for getting it to sit lower welcome. I’ve tried everything and the dealership is useless on roof issues.

Made some progress yesterday on the seals. The clamshell stripping instantly reduced noise from behind driver left ear / passenger right ear. The center seam of the two panels also is quieter. Still need to tinker with front:back T joint and put in the pipe insulator pieces. Skipping the front by windshield for now because I already have a good seal there.

IMG_1106.jpeg

Sponsored

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've got a whistle from my top when the temp gets low and it's windy. After jamming foam in random places I found it was the seal between the side of the passenger front removable panel and the area over the window.

Going to try some weather strip along that spot. Think it should work.

Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive PXL_20231202_202101942
Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive PXL_20231202_202158006
Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive PXL_20231202_202803222
Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive PXL_20231202_202458766

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did this using the products from the earlier post, and removed it all after a couple weeks. It actually made the noise worse for the front panels, and they did not sit level. I was going to investigate other weatherstripping options then just gave up on the MIC panels and got a Skyrider lol. Great work on finding a better solution for weatherstripping. I don't see pics of the panels installed, they still sit flush with this for you?
Can I ask how the wind noise is with the sky rider?

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All I did to fix my wind noise was to glue down the ends of the factory weatherstrips on the roof panels with 3m super weatherstrip adhesive and readjusted the front latch brackets (which were loose). The interior is noticeably quieter and we no longer have wind noise.
How do you adjust the brackets?

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've got a whistle from my top when the temp gets low and it's windy. After jamming foam in random places I found it was the seal between the side of the passenger front removable panel and the area over the window.

Going to try some weather strip along that spot. Think it should work.

Ford Bronco MIC Hard Top Wind Noise Reduction - 2023 Edition - Plus Bonus Fix for Bad Adhesive PXL_20231202_202458766
How did this work out for you, Travis?

Jwells104

Wildtrak
First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you further explain how this was done? Was it on all 4 corners of each panel?
Sponsored