Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not a cooler. And yes put some in there. I bought the Mabett “tray” for back there which covers the Kilmat.
Do you have a link to the tray? Not seeing anything on their page.
Sponsored

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My main concern with all of these is does it affect the washout interior? It’s a very nice perk with my Badlands and I don’t want any water to be retained.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but kilmat is waterproof so that shouldn't be an issue

PorpoiseBlue

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Laramine
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been trying to locate a wind/whistling noise that is entering the cab just above the rear seats and was finally able to track it down. Looks like there is a gap between the trim and the upper window seal on the top rear corner. Not even a leak in the Hardtop!

Not sure if anyone has had this as a leak location before. If anyone has, any suggests on how to seal it besides using silicone? Would like a more elegant solution than silicone but might just use silicone to be honest.

PXL_20230927_003959437.jpg

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As you all know, I have had a particularly noisy hardtop since the get go. One thing that made a huge difference was after uninstalling my softtop on my 2 door, you have to pull screws that hold the bracketry for the hardtop in place. Adjusting these can have a big difference in noise, my top is much quieter this time around, and I believe that is for two reasons.

First was what I suspect was a slight misalignment of the bracketry from the factory, second was the film used for the softtop to lower rails in the back of the Bronco. It acts as a gasket and really seals out the wind noise I used to have in the back of the Bronco.

Hope this is helpful. FWIW, I am no longer running the alignment pins on the back section of the MIC top.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been trying to locate a wind/whistling noise that is entering the cab just above the rear seats and was finally able to track it down. Looks like there is a gap between the trim and the upper window seal on the top rear corner. Not even a leak in the Hardtop!

Not sure if anyone has had this as a leak location before. If anyone has, any suggests on how to seal it besides using silicone? Would like a more elegant solution than silicone but might just use silicone to be honest.

PXL_20230927_003959437.jpg
It's worth trying a temporary seal while deciding on the long term solution. Is it possible that the window seal is defective (length or installation) or that the window isn't correctly positioned?

PorpoiseBlue

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Laramine
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's worth trying a temporary seal while deciding on the long term solution. Is it possible that the window seal is defective (length or installation) or that the window isn't correctly positioned?
Honestly might be a defective or misaligned seal. Looking at pictures of other peoples bronco's in that area, the seal fills in the hole perfectly, while mine clearly doesn't. Its like it wasn't installed in the right orientation. I will try to mess with it later today to see if I can get it aligned

Last edited:

Dezperado

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought 100ml Kilmat on Amazon. Measured out the cargo area. cut for the grommets and tie downs. Whole thing took less than 2 hours. Went for a test drive. Definitely an improvemnt with respect to tire noise. Those 35's scream over 65mph. Thanks to everyone for pushing me to Killmat...cost...$65...not $300!
Question...should I put rubber into the "cooler"...which I will never use as a cooler. I can cut for the drain.
Ford Bronco MIC Noise Reduction Guide - wind sound- aka more (or less) cowbell please PXL_20230927_003959437
I did a similar project while I had panels out to install a sub. I went cheap with Amazon brand, though (still butyl rubber). Only $30 in materials. I did not test sound levels before and after. Easy install, and seems to help some.

Ford Bronco MIC Noise Reduction Guide - wind sound- aka more (or less) cowbell please IMG_2141

Ford Bronco MIC Noise Reduction Guide - wind sound- aka more (or less) cowbell please IMG_2144

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey I got that email too! I went on and ordered - should be here in a few weeks. I’m doing all the sound things to the top at once.

Sponsored

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope they make a 2 dr version soon. I wonder how this will help with the bending and flexing noises that I think are some of the noises I hear over rough roads.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

heck yeah, glad to see this finally happening. Can’t wait to start seeing videos and reviews. But mostly, I can’t wait for a 2 door version.

I’ve spent a lot of time tying to make my cabin quieter. I haven’t had a lot of success with the hard top, but I eliminated a lot of road noise with Kill-mat type sound deadener under the whole washout floor.

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mass loaded vinyl should work wonders for those that want the extra insulation/noise reduction. Easy DIY project.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak