MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you want the extra insulation and 12" screen, save money by getting the High pkg. Better off spending the $ on a sound bar for the audio but get most of the features of Lux.
The sound bar is massively overpriced. 4, 4’ and 2, 2” speakers, un-amplified isn’t worth $700+
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since you and I have the same build, can you share your techniques?
I plan to drive down obx in the sand as much as possible lol
I think it's the opposite of driving in snow. Staying at a steady pace is the best idea - and not driving too slowly. People always get stuck because they stop in sand, or drive really slowly. We probably have someone stuck on our road once a month because they choose the sand path (which is pretty deep) instead of the hard packed lime rock path. The vehicle can get hung up, or they just sink their tires in because they are driving too slow.

It depends on how wet the sand is and what kind it is. I live where there is sugar sand. It bogs you down when it's wet and you can sink in it when it's dry. If it's wet, you generally have to drive a little slower because it's harder to get through. When it's dry, I drive pretty fast through it. You can use 4H or 4A depending on the type and depth of the sand. I have been using sport mode 24/7 and it zips right through in 4A. If I were driving in really deep sand, I would use 4H. I also wouldn't go into any sand where there are deep ruts. My obx is not tall enough to keep from getting hung up in super deep ruts.

I have gotten stuck in the sand myself in a 2wd Explorer (the old one with the truck frame). That was the last straw for me and I have always had 4x4 since then.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yep...big NO

lux doesn’t mean it comes with carpet.

‘’leather power seats means it comes with carpet, the vinyl NON-power seats comes with wash out floor.” On badlands..reason being is they don’t want power seat mechanisms getting wet
I think he's referring to the additional insulation that comes with Lux (and High). It should be quieter but I guess it isn't?

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ‘18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I'm not the OP (nor an expert on DB meters),my understanding is the DB meter is going to measure/display peak levels, if the average noise level is reduced but the peak is not, the meter won't reflect what your ear hears.
That's correct, the road, engine (dron) noise is less intrusive. The hard top is going to make a world of difference. 9 month wait on this.

Sponsored

Craig

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 f250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Flipper Bronco?

how much do you need for it.

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 8" screen is the same as the 12" screen in the way it works, it's just smaller. You can connect to the system wirelessly. I use wireless android auto all the time. I'm getting the new iPhone and plan to do the same. I do have issues between the Samsung and Android Auto, but that's another issue due to software not gee hawing.
Incorrect Android auto does it wirelessly with both units but Apple only does it with the larger unit. And the larger one has a split screen that you can flip flop. Audio on left navigation on right or flip it.

AzBronc

Badlands
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sante fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't start with the hate. 2 reservation holder. Our flipper Bronco was a 2.7L, BL, 33" tires, mid package, tow. The keeper Bronco was SAS, BL, Sas, Lux, tow, leather. After spending 2,800 miles in the Flipper Brondo the 1st thing you notice is the stance. Second is how different they drive and sound. The upgraded speakers are a vast improvement over the base. We like the larger touchscreen over the smaller one the other interesting thing is the Apple carplay connects via Bluetooth where the smaller one needs connected with a cord. We actually like the marine grade vinyl over the leather but prefer the power seats, still no memory button.😕 Mid is so much easier to clean than the carpet floor, sand and dog hair. In short here is what I’d do if I had the opportunity to build another Bronco, not all options available from factory.

upgraded sound system
larger touch screen
rubber floors
power seats
marine vinyl seats
hood insulation
SAS suspension
adaptive cruise
save my money from buying LUX

We made the mistake of stopping at a local hardware store and we drew a crowd that lasted over 2hrs comparing the two side by side.

Interesting measurements
Floor to bottom of front fender - 1" differance
Flipper Bronco non SAS 37.5
Keeper Bronco SAS 38.5

Floor to bottom of rear fender - 1.5" differance
FB 38.75
KB 40.25

Floor to bottom of hitch - 1" differance
FB 18
KB 19

Floor to front tow hook center of hole - 3/4"
FB 24.5
KB 25.75

Centerline of hubs to bottom of flare
Front 3/4" differance
Rear 1/2" differance

Driving the SAS seems more composed over bumps, and Lux package makes it sound quieter. Well the DB meter tells a different story the DB level is the same 77. You definitely hear less tire noise with the SAS. The hood insulation definitely makes a huge differance with engine noise (turbo) on the Lux, carpet helps too. First pic is Lux, SAS, BL second is Mid, BL. Hope they post in the order I loaded them.

20210925_171655.jpg

20210925_171646.jpg

20210925_173057.jpg

20210925_173035.jpg

20210925_172845.jpg

20210925_172822.jpg

20210925_172631.jpg

20210925_172619.jpg

20210925_170646.jpg

20210925_170653.jpg

20210925_134305.jpg

20210925_134018.jpg
Great feedback! Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you clarify the badlands not doing well in sand with stock tires?

I have a normal badlands on order and it will be primarily a beach vehicle?
The BFG's did fine in the sand, but if your in someone else's tracks and it's washboard the Bronco will want to "dig" it's way through. Never got stuck OBX sand is loose and deep. I did not air down so this was part of the digging it effect. Only Bronco on the beach for the last 10 weeks and I didn't want to be that guy.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Incorrect Android auto does it wirelessly with both units but Apple only does it with the larger unit. And the larger one has a split screen that you can flip flop. Audio on left navigation on right or flip it.
Thanks for the info. I assumed it would be the same for both platforms. I don't mind plugging it in because I need to charge it anyway.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BFG's did fine in the sand, but if your in someone else's tracks and it's washboard the Bronco will want to "dig" it's way through. Never got stuck OBX sand is loose and deep. I did not air down so this was part of the digging it effect. Only Bronco on the beach for the last 10 weeks and I didn't want to be that guy.
ddidnt want to be that guy?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the heated steering wheel on Lux package for what it’s worth.
Sponsored